[Release] Live Messenger 8.5 final

Shark007

1. Does the messenger window pop-up when you logon?
No
2. Have you disabled the daily news pop-up you get each time you load messenger?
No. This can't be set as 'global' setting. It is an indivudual setting assigned to each passport used/created. Even though you disable it from the options menu, the next passport loaded will get the annoying popup. This setting is assigned to a registration key that gets created as you create your passport login information.

shark

Shark what happened to the create_new_Installer.7z, I dont see it anymore on your site... I still have my old one from way back when

Can you also make the Extracting dialog invisible in the next Installer repacker? Use this 7zS.7z

Thnx

:)

Edited by ricktendo64

Shark what happened to the create_new_Installer.7z, I dont see it anymore on your site... I still have my old one from way back when

Can you also make the Extracting dialog invisible in the next Installer repacker? Use this 7zS.7z

Thnx

:)

The current distribution is in WinRAR format to make it easier to edit.

This distribution can be a MB smaller if packed with 7zip.

Repacking options come in as many choices as there are languages.

You prefer an Invisible installation, and i'm sure you have no problem creating one.

I prefer seeing things installed. I'm always on the lookout for faults.

Packaging and roll out style is often a personal preference,

not all can be fully satisified by a single rollout.

shark

1. Does the messenger window pop-up when you logon?
No
2. Have you disabled the daily news pop-up you get each time you load messenger?
No. This can't be set as 'global' setting. It is an indivudual setting assigned to each passport used/created. Even though you disable it from the options menu, the next passport loaded will get the annoying popup. This setting is assigned to a registration key that gets created as you create your passport login information.

shark

Hi,

Could you provide the registry entry, if imported into current_user using cmdlines.txt it should take to all users, correct?

laze.

Hi, Could you provide the registry entry, if imported into current_user using cmdlines.txt it should take to all users, correct? laze.

No, not correct.

This setting is assigned to a registration key that gets created as you create your passport login information.

Its under this parent key;

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\MSNMessenger\PerPassportSettings]

in a unique 10digit key which is created as you create your login information.

Here is the value you wish to set under this unique key:

"DisableMSNToday"=hex:01,00,00,00

shark

I personally cannot test installations other than English.

If you use the installer 'As Is', it will default to english with no patching.

The purpose of this distribution is to allow you to add patched/localized files to the installer. To the best of my knowledge, once you insert your patched files into this package, it will install with your localization. If you just want it to be your language without using modified files, replace these files:

msgslang.dll

msgsres.dll

msidcrl40.dll

msnmsgr.exe

The supported languages are the languages of the replaced files.

shark

Hi,

Right now i've installed "Windows Live Messenger 8.0.0812" French, English and Hebrew and check what files support the language in use.

Here thet are:

lcres.dll

msgslang.dll

msncallres.dll

msvsui.dll

Furthermore, i build SFX archive for each language (it's silent copy the files to "MSN Messenger" folder), then I installed yr wonderful "Livemess" 'As Is' and just run the SFX archive language... IT WORK'S.

Here bellow the SFX archive for each language

French MD5: efd075245476ed84e02168621e4566c3

English MD5: 5893d1ca983664b653493478ab4732ee

Hebrew MD5: 2c1fd11bab58829873e4ce2077455c02

Enjoy

coucou

• 3 weeks later...

coucou, are you able to confirm the following?

Replacing these files will localize the install to your language.

lcres.dll

msgslang.8.1.0168.00.dll

msvsui.dll

softphoneres.dll

If anyone is using this BETA package to install onto a system other than English,

I'd appreciate it if you would confirm or deny the above claim.

shark

Hi Shark007,

To detect the Live Messenger "languages" files here above (lcres.dll, msgslang.dll, msncallres.dll and msvsui.dll), i checked all the files one by one for Properties/Version/Language see image here bellow. This method is valid for almost all softwares, but very "laborius" to check manualy file by file.

Do you know how to diplay in Windows Explorer a "language" column as well as Name, Size, Type, Date, Version... columns??

Regards

coucou

post-110389-1167411245_thumb.jpg

Hi Shark007, Do you know how to diplay in Windows Explorer a "language" column as well as Name, Size, Type, Date, Version... columns?? Regards, coucou

To display a language column right click the header area where Name, Size, Type, Date are displayed and if you dont see language in the list, at the bottom, click more.. place a check next to language.

shark

Hi Shark007, Do you know how to diplay in Windows Explorer a "language" column as well as Name, Size, Type, Date, Version... columns?? Regards, coucou

To display a language column right click the header area where Name, Size, Type, Date are displayed and if you dont see language in the list, at the bottom, click more.. place a check next to language.

shark

STRANGE :wacko: I checked on 2 PCs, there is NO language column option.

Is there anyway to enable it via a registry??

coucou

STRANGE :wacko: I checked on 2 PCs, there is NO language column option. Is there anyway to enable it via a registry??

I was using Vista when i made that statement. The language listing is an option in Vista.

I have since switched to XP, and it doesnt exist here :(

Often times, being a developer and trying to support different operating systems can cause headaches.

Add to that I also often try to support several languages while i'm at it.

Welcome to my world...

I'm not complaining though, i welcome the challenge, and love what i do.

shark

Hello,

I am using the final version of your switchless installer and I recieve "Your sharing folders aren't yet available, please try again in a minute" when trying to setup up Shared Folders.

This may be a problem with Windows Live Messenger servers at the time of writing and if I discover it is, I will post back - otherwise, please fix this issue.

Thank you for a great release.

laze.