Which Notepad?

Gape

Which Notepad?  

46 members have voted

1. 1. Which Notepad do you prefer for the next version?

• Patched Notepad
    • Metapad
    • Notepad2

In fact, I don't like to add any 3-rd party program into the SP. But, Notepad is an exception. So, I wonder your opinion about Notepad replacements.

Thanks.

I prefer NoteTab Light - http://www.notetab.com , but you could probably not add that to the SP. I use NoteTab almost exclusively. It has tabs, unlimited file size, many neat features which are customizable, and the tabs can be set to all reload when you open the program each time. So nice not to have to look for various files I'm working on or updating. It converts text to html in one click - great for stuff for my website - http://ivman.com

You can add whichever one you want to the SP. I'll probably not vote on this one.

ivman

they're all nice but i switched to metapad bacause it very efficient, small, fast, configurable, etc AND because it is one of the few text editors that can handle large files. try to open a completely exported reg file (35mb in my case) and you'll see what im talking about.

Wel I voted metapad since its my regular editor of choice, along w/ ConTEXT. But I'm not sure why you would want to include an editor in with your SP. I think editors are likely the most prolific software out there. And most everyone has a very distinct preference about what they like and want. If anything the most logical would be the patched Notepad, and leave further replacement to end user choice.

I wish AbiWord was a choice. Very full featured.
Abiword is more of a Microsoft Word replacement - not notepad. Edited by Crash&Burn