[How-to] - Windows XP Gamer's Edition

Aegis

good stuff, still many held back, by something mmx made, lol, cause wasn't mmx just another name for 64 bit lol, cant wait for a SSE3 windows xp or something now.

haha

Edited by gdogg

@Gdogg

Maybe you shouldn't be talking about processor instructions if you have no idea what they are ;). MMX and SSE3 are multimedia technologies designed to increase performance on multimedia applications. Only applications should implement it; operating systems only need to support it (which XP does). And MMX dates back to the 1990's, so I doubt it's another name for 64-bit. Next time, don't make such a fool out of yourself :P.

I Deleted IE and I use FireFox instead and I Still get updates... I deleted the WHOLE IE Folder and the Reg. too

I'm sorry to tell you this, parts of IE are also located in the Windows\System32 directory, just like many applications. To delete IE, you're required to have at least stuff removed from some DLL files in the Windows\System32 directory too! nLite does that.

Edited by RJARRRPCGP

@Ripken204

Reducing the number of drivers considerably speeds up boot. Some people might enjoy playing games without sound, or they may be 3-D professionals (whom I'm also targeting with GE) that don't require sound functionality. I've decided that I'm making all nonessential components optional unless the user decides otherwise. This includes USB support, PS/2 support, etc. This helps in creating a minimal footprint for a variety of systems.

@3-R4Z0R

The project isn't suppose to be x86, but nothing's stopping you from not applying the x86-x64 patch ;). I wouldn't recommend keeping it x86 though, as Windows 2000 is more optimized for that task.

Also, I'm too busy on tweaking the project to have any time to talk much about the project :P. Bunch of new features, though I might have to scale back on some old features because of 64-bit compatibility issues.

I'm sorry, i'm still very new to modding windows installs and the like, anyone mind telling me why win 2000 is better for x86 processors, and where I can get this x86-x64 patch to use when GE comes out? (using an intel Centrino 760, got it for christmas, right before the Dual Cores came out :( )

--Sofer

@Ripken204

Reducing the number of drivers considerably speeds up boot. Some people might enjoy playing games without sound, or they may be 3-D professionals (whom I'm also targeting with GE) that don't require sound functionality. I've decided that I'm making all nonessential components optional unless the user decides otherwise. This includes USB support, PS/2 support, etc. This helps in creating a minimal footprint for a variety of systems.

i say u make these optional :)

@3-R4Z0R

The project isn't suppose to be x86, but nothing's stopping you from not applying the x86-x64 patch ;). I wouldn't recommend keeping it x86 though, as Windows 2000 is more optimized for that task.

Also, I'm too busy on tweaking the project to have any time to talk much about the project :P. Bunch of new features, though I might have to scale back on some old features because of 64-bit compatibility issues.

I'm sorry, i'm still very new to modding windows installs and the like, anyone mind telling me why win 2000 is better for x86 processors, and where I can get this x86-x64 patch to use when GE comes out? (using an intel Centrino 760, got it for christmas, right before the Dual Cores came out :( )

--Sofer

There is no "x86-x64" patch, if you want to run in x64 you need to not only have a 64-bit processor, but a 64-bit OS, which essentially needs to be built from the ground up... There will never be a patch...