Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

new quicktime player

QuickTime Alternative 1.68 final

Yea this based on the new 7.0.4 QuickTime and I think Apple is having problems with it. They released an uninstaller / downgrader so that people can go back to 7.0.1 I think. I'm going to hold off and see if they release a "fixed" 7.0.5 which should then spurn the release of a new QuickTime Alternative.

Update - 20060118

Added GrabIt V1.5.3 Build 909

Added Windows Live Messenger V8.0.0365

I'm seriously starting to get burned out on this, not to mention I'm way behind at work and on some other projects. I'm going to finally start work on Nero 7. My plan is to make 3 or 4 installers for Nero. The main installer that just installs Nero Burning ROM itself, and then others that would require the first be installed already. I'm thinking one would have NeroVision, Cover Editor, and Wave Editor. Another would be InCD only, and the last would be everything else except BackItUp and ImageDrive (both useless in my book). This way there are some choices as to what you want or don't want, but I'm not going to deviate and make custom packages for people. I'm not even certain that I'll be able to do right what it is I want to do.

Hello :)

I would like to se switchless silent installers for these great tools i use:

hkSFV - http://www.big-o-software.com/products/hksfv/

jane v1.48 - http://www.kifoth.de/jane/html/home.html

PuTTY - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~sgtatham/putty/

Win32 OpenSSL v0.9.8a - http://www.shininglightpro.com/products/Win32OpenSSL.html

ForceASPI 1.7

would be awesome ;)

How do you make these? What do you have in your config.txt when you're creating the SFX file? What method do you use for the custom shortcuts? Can you write a guide so people like me can make our own installers for programs that aren't on your list? I DEMAND ANSWERS! :-P

yes i know but media player classic will not associate the extension and don't work well my mega codec makeunattended, i will try again!

I silent install the K-Lite codec pack with no switches by following step 3 of the -makeunattened screen. haven't ran into a problem with it yet.

Update - 20060118

Added Spybot - Search & Destroy V1.4

Updated SpywareBlater V3.5.1 (refresh update, see below)

Fixed broken links for the .msi file downloads of Audacity, Powertoy - Color Control Panel, Powertoy - Image

Resizer, and QuickPar.

I had made an installer for Spybot V1.4 before I even made this thread but it had issues with the windows installer popping up. Hopefully these problems have been taken care of, but I won't know for certain until the next time they release detection updates. The SpywareBlaster installer not only includes the most recent definition update, but I also integrated the ActiveX block list found at spywareguide.com. My apologies to those who tried to download the .msi file downloads for the four titles mentioned above, but nobody bothered to tell me the links were bad. I only discovered the issue from looking over the report generated by my host.

Regarding requests. I am not going to be taking requests at this time. I have far too much on my plate right now as it is. And frankly, some of these requests baffle me. PuTTY is one single executable file. If you need an installer made for that, there are more serious issues you should be addressing. In case anyone hasn't looked over my Update Pack, PuTTY is a part of that package. I already made an installer for QuickPar and I'm quite satisfied with that utility, so I won't be making an installer for hkSFV anytime soon.

Edited by RogueSpear