Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

@Jedi82, the switchless silent installers are mostly for use with svcpack.inf, like you illustrated. You can run them from a batch if you prefer, but from what I could see in your post, that's how most folks set it up. The .msi file downloads are primarily for use with Group Policy.

This is my .cmd file that work great so i will put all your amazing msi installer here right?

CLS
@echo off
title OPTIMIZE

ECHO.
ECHO [PRE OTTIMIZZAZIONE]
ECHO.
ECHO.
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Windows Update.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Impostazioni accesso ai

programmi.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Assistenza

remota.lnk"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Catalogo di Windows.lnk"

ECHO.
ECHO [INSTALLAZIONE PROGRAMMI BASE PER WINDOWSXP]
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO [.NET Framework 2.0]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\001_dotNET20.exe
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Windows Media Player 10]
ECHO wait...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\MP10\mp10.reg
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MP10\mp10setup.exe /Q:A /C:\"setup_wm.exe /Q:A /R:N\"
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Msn Messenger]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MsnMsgs.msi IAGREE="Yes" ADDEXPLORERTOOLBAR=""

SETSEARCHENGINE="" /qn
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Msn Plus!]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MsgPlus-362.exe /SilentInstallNoSponsor
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [INSTALLAZIONE TOOLS PER WINDOWSXP]
ECHO.
ECHO [Tweakui Xp]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Tweakui.msi /qn
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [VB runtimes pack]
ECHO wait...
taskkill /F /IM msnmsgr.exe
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\vbruntimes.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [MS Antispyware]
ECHO wait...
taskkill /F /IM msnmsgr.exe
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\MSAntispyware.exe
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Better File Rename]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\bfr.exe /VERYSILENT /SP-
ECHO wait...
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\bfr_register.reg
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [PaintNET]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\PaintNET.exe
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Winrar]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\wrar350it.exe /s
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Google Toolbar]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\GoogleToolbarInstaller.exe /s /qn
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Nero Burning Rom+Language pack ITA]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Nero660141.exe
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Nero-6.6.0.14_ita.exe /silent /noreboot /no_ui
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Java SUN]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\J2RE506.exe
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Flash8]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\install_flash_player_active_x.msi /qb
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Shockwave8]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\sw_lic_full_installer.msi /qb
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Winamp]
ECHO wait...
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\Winamp.exe
ECHO fatto!

ECHO.
ECHO [Riavvio del pc]
shutdown.exe -r -f -t 50 -c "Attendere il riavvio del computer..."
net user aspnet /delete

ECHO.
ECHO [POST OTTIMIZZAZIONE]
ECHO.
ECHO.
ECHO wait...
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Programmi\WinRAR"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Accessories"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Multimedia"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Powertoys

for Windows XP"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\Administrator\Menu Avvio\Programmi\WinRAR"
RD /S /Q "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Menu Avvio\Programmi\Better File

Rename"
DEL "%systemdrive%\Documents and Settings\All Users\Desktop\Nero StartSmart.lnk"
REGEDIT /S %systemdrive%\install\altri.reg
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\drivers
RD /S /Q %systemdrive%\install
EXIT

Edited by Jedi82

It looks fine, but I notice that you are using my installer for .NET 2.0. I'm not sure where you plan on running this batch from, but the .NET 2.0 cannot be executed during the GUI setup phase (svcpack.inf, cmdlines.txt). If you are running this batch file from RunOnceEx or GuiRunOnce then it should be fine.

yeah, i noticed it becausa i tested now ,y new winxp una install but except net2.0, all was good and amazing, tnx a lot and just a question:

how can i modify the winamp installer cause i would like to have it with the classic skin and that not open the library...

Hi Rogue,

Sorry to insist, but as i wrote above, i have no vbs knowlege at all, and this is my last tolls to install in my UA DVD.

2 questions I have

1) regarding the vbs file inside yr archive,

a) if i launch it from the CD, do i have to replace /OEM by any path folder like /software/vmtools/?

'B) if i launch it from the HD %systemdrive%\install\ , do i have to replace

If fs.FileExists(objDrive.DriveLetter & ":\WIN51") Then strOEM = objDrive.DriveLetter & ":\OEM"

by

Drive.DriveLetter & ":\WIN51") Then strOEM = objDrive.DriveLetter &

c) where in the end of .vbs file do i put
nircmd setdisplay 1024 768

End If
Next
End Sub
InstallVMtools

I prefer using yr VMwareTools archive from the HD %systemdrive%\install\ because if you have more than one CD-ROM drive (which I do). Because the code you posted searches all drives, it will also search my second CD drive that I do not have CD in. At which time Windows will generate a dialog with a message stating that media is not ready in the drive. see this post Batch Script Tips and Tricks for XPCDs and here DarkShadows solution MakeMapCD.zip.

2) what msi installer do you use for the VMwareTools5.5 silent install (there is no startx or Runnhiddenconsole inside the archive)??? regarding yr VMwareTools5 you used startx.

Regards & TNX for yr help

coucou

@Jedi82, probably the best to go about what you want to do is to find out the registry settings and make a .reg file for import after Winamp has installed. I'm sure a lot of people do this already with their registration code to enable to Pro features, so it could just be tossed into the same file for import.

@coucou, I thought we went through most of this back around page 2 of this thread.. take a look at this post from my guide to RIS for the proper usage of NirCmd in VBscript.

If you follow the instructions.. putting the installer in \OEM, it should run fine for you. I am not about to alter the script. It works fine for me and always has. If you want to put things in another directory you are going to have to do that on your own. I think when I update this installer I will not include any script at all and just let people implement it as they see fit.

Edited by RogueSpear

I did make one a while back for the latest release of CD Burner XP Pro, but I'm unable to locate it now. I'll have to make it again I think. It looks as though CD Burner is on the really slow track for an upgrade. Too bad too, because I always liked the program. I lost the msi file for IrfanView, so I'll just rebuilt the project tonight and post it again. And as far as TrueCrypt goes, I just have not gotten that far down the line in transferring things over.

On another note. I now have new hosting, so there is likely to be some down time with the items that I currrently host. The interruption should be minimal.

Right in post #1 of this thread.. I use InstallShield AdminStudio. There is Wise Package Studio, which I haven't tried it out in quite some time, but I really wasn't too impressed with it a couple of versions ago. Who knows, it may have improved a bit. Then there's a relatively newer product, ScriptLogic Installer Design Studio. Even though it's up to version 3, this is the first version that I am aware of. I gave it a try and found the interface to be incredibly convoluted and confusing. But that's only my opinion, other's may think it's great because it seems to be geared a little more towards people who are new to this topic. What I can't say is how good of a job it does because I never got that far with it.

For application repackaging, transform file creation, and direct .msi editing, AdminStudio is really at the top in my book. It's outrageously expensive. Nearly criminal in my mind. I was lucky enough to have my primary employer spring for it. Those who are not so fortunate will realistically need to seek out other solutions unless they're independantly wealthy or something.

Update - 20060114

Added DVD43 V3.7.0

Added Macromedia Shockwave Player V10.1.0.011

Updated DVDFab Decrypter to V2.9.6.8

The migration to my own hosting space from RapidShare should be complete now. If any links are not functioning properly please let me know.

Then there's a relatively newer product, ScriptLogic Installer Design Studio. Even though it's up to version 3, this is the first version that I am aware of.

ScriptLogic Installer Design Studio has started it's life as of version 3 but was acquired from masai solutions and used to be called Masai Installer. The program did not get to version 3 overnight :P . Just thought you would like to know.

Ok I was wondering how in the world that would have slipped by me :blink: I usually keep up on what ScriptLogic puts out there even though I've never really been that fond of their products. I had never tried out Masai before.

EDIT: Considering it's price however, it gets major points from me. It may not be AdminStudio, but not too many can really afford that. And I fear with Macrovision having aquired InstallShield, only bad things will come of that product.

Edited by RogueSpear

Update - 20060116

Added DAEMON Tools V4.03HE

In my second round of testing I noticed that the shortcut creation part of my installer for DT4 is flawed. If there does not already exist a folder named CD-R in the All Users Start Menu, then the shortcut will be missing. If you install A-Ray Scanner or any number of the DVD oriented installers I have posted, then the shortcut will be created just fine (since the CD-R folder is already there). If the shortcut is missing for you, the program will still run just fine.

I'll get an update posted at some point, but it's not high on priority list at the moment.