Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

Nero burning rom 7.0.1.4 premium

(I used "tempuser"s msi and method to create this , so those credits go to him)

Contains only nero burning rom and smart start....

See this tread for more options ...

http://www.msfn.org/board/index.php?showtopic=59483&st=100

http://rapidshare.de/files/9272684/Nero.exe.html

link fix ( also tempusers file only modified )

http://rapidshare.de/files/9272763/links.exe.html

reg :

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Ahead\Installation\Families\Nero 7\Info]
"Serial7_1127858803"="*xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx-xxxx"

Run nero.exe and links.exe from svcpack

first nero.exe then links.exe

@RougeSpear, I dont use your pack, im using Kel's Uber Pack. So please could you create a svcpack installer for WGA Hacked?

I think Kel keeps up a version of his pack with the hacked WGA in it. It's quite enough work for me to keep up these installers and my update pack. Granted I don't update my pack on a daily basis, because it doesn't need it. But there are enough choices out there for you.

Well he stopped adding the hacked WGA's in his packs now...

Take a look inside of a svcpack.inf file that has some stuff in it and it should be pretty clear. Also you may want to do some reading in the MSFN Unattended Install Guide in order to brush up on the basics. I'm not trying to be a jerk, but this is pretty basic stuff and this thread is not the place for it either. We all gotta start somewhere and the guide is a great place to get more info than you can shake a stick at.

Actually it has not. If you look at their web site it clearly says when it's scheduled for release. If you post anymore crap in my thread I'm going to report it to the moderators.

EDIT: Also if you post anymore of my installers anywhere else without asking me first, I will do everything I can to get kicked off of that site too.

Edited by RogueSpear

Update - 20051219

Added WinRAR V3.51

Removed .NET Framework V1.1 and V2.0

Updated MSN Messenger to V7.5.0322

Updated RAW Image Thumbnailer & View to V1.0 Build 50

Updated VMware Tools to V5.5

I was unable to locate any correspondance in my e-mail showing that I received permission from RyanVM to post his switchless silent installer of .NET 1.1 so it has been removed. Plus he has it posted right on the front page of his web site. After my little outburst in the previous post, I decided to see if I could back up the one and only installer that I did not make with a permission correspondance.

I found an issue with my .NET 2.0 installer that only affects some installs. Don't know why, but I'll make an installer once Microsoft fixes the bug that prevents it from being installed from cmdlines.txt. For the time being, once again, I suggest using Ryan's installer as it seems to be perfect.

The MSN Messenger installer has several small inprovements in addition to the version update. I did remove the .msi installer however as pushing the .msi from Group Policy resulted in the app being broken. I've never seen anything like it before. I could install direct from the .msi file or the switchless silent installer and everything is fine. Run it from a GPO push and it crashes :blink: Anyhow, the switchless silent installer works just fine.

Edited by RogueSpear

Acronis' software does not have a "free" mode in the way that Winamp has. I sort of felt like I was pushing the envelope by making the WinRAR installer, but I rationalized it in thinking that so many people have indeed purchased this software and the registration process is so clear cut, that there would be a demand for it. Plus WinRAR is only downloadable in a "trial" form as far as I know, requiring the user to register it within a certain time. With Acronis, I don't think you can even run their software without a key.

Nothing is black and white and there are a lot of little nuances, but this line of thinking is why I haven't posted installers for AnyDVD, PowerDVD, and others.

EDIT: I'm sure some may have noticed that a new version of Messenger Plus! was released today (figures). I'm aware of it, and after reviewing the changelog, I'm not going to be posting a further update. The changes are minor at best and some of them are aimed at the new Messenger Live product, so they don't even apply to that installer directly anyway.

Edited by RogueSpear

Thank you and 'odes' :)

-----------------------------

RogueSpear, thank you for sharing your knowledge and time. I admire your devotion which results in pristine shape switchless installers. By that I mean your extra effort that goes in removing the slack (i.e. non-english languages) and the "Start Menu" / "Program Files" work you do. That's what I've been doing 'manually' in a semi-automatic way for years now. Thank you in advance for answering my questions.

Questions

-------------

1. Might any of your installers have a problem with 'C:\Documents and Settings' being "e:\home"?

2. Can your switchless installers be 'nLitegrated'?

Question explanations

----------------------------

1. I have a strict policy of separating user data from binaries. Over years, this resulted in 'C:\Documents and Settings' becoming "e:\home". Not all switchless installers take this change into account. I've seen you wisely use variabes (i.e. %programfiles%), so I presume you've taken this into account, but I just wanted to make sure you do.

2. nLitegrated = integrated into a 'nLited' windows release as a hotfix. I use only .cab files so far and am uncertain about wether your .exe or .msi installers can be used the same way.

Edited by Fr1tz

Update - 20051224

Added DVDFab Decrypter V2.9.6.5

Added DVD Shrink V3.2.0.15

Updated FreeUndelete to V2.0

@Fr1tz, InstallShield AdminStudio uses system variables whenever possible so there shouldn't be a problem with having your Documents and Settings defined as E:\Home. As far as nLite usage - all of the installers that work from svcpack.inf can made into "hotfix" cab files and used with nLite. I'm currently in the process of putting some together and you will be able to find them where my Addon Pack is posted. Just follow the link in my signature.