Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

[RogueSpear]

Let me ask three quick things. Do you have or created an updated add on for win xp sp2 with the recently added 5 or so fixes for xp pro that they put out? Or can I find them somewhere and use that in addtion to like ryanvm's created one, for example?

Also

Do you have a site where I can download window media player 10 with the old fixes and the recently updated ms fixes?

Do you host a site or post the install add ons in this forum only. Thanx for the help and appreciate it.

RyanVM should have a new version of his update pack within a week or so that will include the recently updated fixes. He also maintains a WMP10 addon that I'm sure he will also update with new hotfixes.

As far as these postings here - I have started to post them over at Ryan's web site. With the tenuous situation regarding the Application Installs forum, I don't know how long things will last here.

first off i would like to say thank you for all your installers so far, i use a bunch of them and they work great. second i just have one request, would it be possible for you to make an xvid codec installer like your realplayer and quicktime ones where it installs to %windir%/program files/multimedia/xvid/ and all desktop shortcuts and startmenu crap is removed? if you dont use it thats thats fine i understand you dont really want to bother with things you dont use, but if not what do you use in place of it? thx in advance either way.

Edited by godan

AutoGordianKnot installs XviD which is why I've never made an installer for it. If you'd like just XviD, Siginet made an installer for that which he posted over at RyanVM's site. I don't know what he's done with it regarding desktop and start menu shortcuts however.

Update - 20060215

Removed WinRAR

I'm removing the WinRAR installer because it doesn't come in a freeware version and it eventually times out if no purchase information is found. I'm leaving the Winamp installer and will continue to update it because Winamp can be use indefinately without the need to purchase it. Purchasing Winamp only activates more features.

Is your install in an addon to RVM's integrator? If so can i download it from you as i do have a registered version of WinRAR and would like to add it :D

Edited by `Felix`

This is one of the reasons I was putting off releasing 1.68. It's based on QuickTime 7.0.4. Apparently apple released a downgrade utility they had so many complaints. Hopefully there will be a 1.69 before too long. I don't even have a trace of 1.67 anymore.

Hey I did find the old installer for 1.67 and uploaded it. The link for the switchless silent installer is now actually 1.67. I'll revert the description and update the msi and addon links tommorow, but for now I just have to go to bed.

Felix I didn't mean to be so short with you. It's been a very trying week for me and you wound up on the receiving end. But seriously, I took down the installer because I had some mixed feelings about putting out this installer for something that really doesn't have a free mode except for a very limited trial period. I just decided that I'm drawing the line to where the furthest I will take this stuff is something along the lines of Winamp, where it can be run for free indefinately and that's an intentional decision by the author.

And I'm also going to be going over the EULAs of everything else I posted here and will be removing anything that makes me nervous that I may somehow be putting myself in some kind of civil jeopardy. I just don't need that sort of grief. Especially when I'm not getting compensated for any of this.