Switchless Silent Installers, RVM/nLite Addons, .MSI Files

RogueSpear

Shockwave player 10

http://rapidshare.de/files/9243588/Shockwave10.exe.html

doesnt run from svcpack ( dont know why )

credits : MUIZ

edit specialy for Tomcat76

Have you been able to decipher why it doesn't run from svcpack?

Edited by phamine

Shockwave player 10

http://rapidshare.de/files/9243588/Shockwave10.exe.html

doesnt run from svcpack ( dont know why )

credits : MUIZ

edit specialy for Tomcat76

Have you been able to decipher why it doesn't run from svcpack?

no sorry :blushing:

Merry Christmas RogueSpear ;)

Edited by muiz

Happy holidays, all. :D

Can anyone post a temporary mirror for the MSN Messenger installer until RapidShare gets their act together? RapidUpload is decent, but anywhere will do.

Thanks!

EDIT:

I wasn't expecting a reply so soon! You're the best. Thanks again!

Edited by 5eraph

While I love these installers and I think they "roxor", I'm finding it hard to figure something out...

I'm doing an hfslip'd setup of a Win2000 Pro disc, trying to include QT Alternative. Until now all the SS installers have worked perfectly in the hfsvpk folder (for the svpack.inf i think or is it svcpack...). I see your installer is configured specifically to find the MPC in the folder as set up by your addon pack. While I looked through your addon pack and think most of it rocks, I've been through 5 pages of postings and see no immediate way of setting it up to work with this process.

I must admit I'm rather new and not very familiar with this, and I really haven't been able to experiment. Also, it seems like a number of these are XP specific, is this to mean that I cannot use this addon pack with 2000? I love the setup you've got going here and would love to work with some of these programs.

Thanks for the work you do!

-Gedrean

Edited by Gedrean

Update - 20060105

Updated Ethereal to V0.10.14

Updated FileZilla to V2.2.18

Updated KeePass Password Safe to V1.04

Updated SpywareBlaster to V3.5.1

Repacked .NET V1.1 and V2.0 and Visual J# V1.1 and V2.0

The .NET Framework installs are back. If anyone downloaded the .NET V2.0 between January 01 and today, you will need to redownload. I accidentally omitted inserting a reboot suppression. The Visual J# V1.1 package I originally posted back in November was, to my surprise, not an AIP based install. I don't know what I was thinking when I did that, but now the install is based on an AIP and this cut the filesize of the installer in half.

Also it seems a bug must have been resolved with 7-Zip because I can now compress at the maximum setting without receiving an error, so this saved a little space on the .NET and J# installers.

I am now branding my installers. When you look at the comments meta data for the installer, it will read "A RogueSpear Repack". If you see this in a file, then there is a good chance I actually made it. Obviously someone could make their own installer and make the comments read whatever they like, so don't read into this as some form of checksum or authenticity verification, because it is not.

@JoeDorson, any time! :thumbup

@Gedrean, my Addon Pack needs to be integrated into your Windows XP install source using either nLite or RyanVM's Integrator. The switchless silent installers and the .msi files, for those using group policy, that are in this thread were made on and tested on Windows XP SP2. Some of them may work with earlier versions of Windows, but I suspect some won't. The target audience are those who are installing Windows XP SP2.

Edited by RogueSpear

The switchless silent installers and the .msi files, for those using group policy, that are in this thread were made on and tested on Windows XP SP2. Some of them may work with earlier versions of Windows, but I suspect some won't. The target audience are those who are installing Windows XP SP2.

Awww darn. Well, most of them seem to have worked (I tested them by installing through them into my own system before integrating to the hfslip for 2k. So, I guess I'll just have to repackage QTA and RA myself, including it to one integrated group and including only one Media Player Classic. Thanks anyhow!

I'm sure some may have noticed that a new version of Messenger Plus! was released today (figures). I'm aware of it, and after reviewing the changelog, I'm not going to be posting a further update. The changes are minor at best and some of them are aimed at the new Messenger Live product, so they don't even apply to that installer directly anyway.

Unless Microsoft revs MSN Messenger 7.5 again, which isn't a certainty, I won't be updating the installer with the newer Messenger Plus! version. It's a nothing of an upgrade practically.

Think 1TB of bandwidth is enough?

@war59312, It sure should be enough. Holy crap, that's a lot of bandwidth. One of the reasons I have been using RapidShare is so I can kind of sort of keep track of how much traffic there is. Most of the installers don't really see that much traffic, SharpReader being a good example. Others like Microsoft AntiSpyware or MSN Messenger have seen over a hundred downloads in a 2 week period. If you want to send me a PM, we could work on some details.

@Gedrean, I'll get that up tonight and will update the link in the posting.

@All, should have Macromedia Shockwave Player and a new VirtualDub uploaded in the next 24.