[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

ok sounds good.

even though microwinX is about gaming, I dont neglact the fact, everyone has software they use daily also, and I will add support for all things users request. But the main goal is, and will remain security.

now I ask users who want to use microwinX, to request software they want to use. (limit of 3 per person until beta 3.0)

request as many games as you want though and post a link to a playable demo for it. Thanks.

Ragnarok Online

GunzOnline

Gunbound

flyff

freestyle

Mu Online

looks good guys, keep them coming

oh and btw, i've spent over 1 week in microwinX w/o a firewall, I have had not 1 single issue, no wierdness, or anything.

I am behind a nat router, and once I get permission, im gonna connect it directly to my computer, in order to get an idea if no firewall is leaving me secure truely.

warcraft 3 n FT is sure alot funner in microwinx. lag, well it wasn't meh :P

Edited by gdogg

it more fun, because it is faster. lol, what else.

routers do normally count because they protect you also.

x64, yah this is 32 bit.

Edited by gdogg

No firewall either. Nothing ever happens to me. An NAT router usually blocks most of the malware that tries to find victims by port scanning or pinging, so that's most likely the problem. Even then, malware's not as big as an issue as everyone tries to make it out to be.

...I dont neglact the fact, everyone has software they use daily also, and I will add support for all things users request. But the main goal is, and will remain security.

now I ask users who want to use microwinX, to request software they want to use. (limit of 3 per person until beta 3.0)

Hauppauge WinTv 2000

Yahoo Instant Messenger

--iWindoze (who really doesn't love Yahoo IM all that much, but needs it to keep in touch with his sister)

PS: When can I (or anyone else beta test?)

public realse 3.0 is in 3 weeks from tomorow, when private beta 2.5 realses to beta testers.

currently gdogg is not accepting any more beta testers from his small group,

to be a beta tester you have to contribute alot to gain gdoggs trust.

@iWindoze

sure gaim already supports yahoo, dont worry, full yahoo will be look into, and trillian and msn and so on, are already in the works.

skype ill look into, and Hauppauge WinTv 2000 , ill try to find.

Edited by gdogg

@Sofer cant find any trials.

@iWindoze skype, Hauppauge WinTv work, and yahoo messenger alternatives such as trillian for yahoo messenger, gaim does yahoo also, you can mod google messengers to do it too.

yahoo messenger we'll have to see whats going on, b4 it can be supported.

i have windows messenger running, gonna get msn messenger checked out.

Edited by gdogg