[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

yes if beta 2.5 proves to work well. it will become beta 3.0, with just a few changes, and added software support.

2.5 is going out to 5 testers or so, and 3.0 is public.

personally I will be testing beta 2.5 on 4 differnet platforms.

or atleast try to. these will be

nf4 with nvraid, nvidia sli and dual core amd64

nf3 with ide, ati 9X00 series and socket 754 am64

intel celeron emachine with intel extreme graphics (onboard)

ati chipset with onboard video and a socket 939 amd64 single core

and if my dad isn't too scared, an intel p4 laptop with HT technology and mobile 9700 ati card.

for sli users, i can now confirm, sli is working. this was tested under 3dmark05

Edited by gdogg

:thumbup:yes::w00t: have been following this thread for a while now.. really can't wait for it to go public.. got any specific release date?

p/s: please include me in the list,.. or can I get the current beta? have a project going on..

beta 2.5 will be in testers hands b4 next friday

beta 3.0 will be shortly after that.

beta 3.0, should be a windows xp, that cannot be accidently infected with any malware/virus/spyware and not need to a firewall.

the above is not just talk, it has been tested already, and all I can do now, is get people to test whether this is true when microwinX goes public with beta 3.0

newly added software support

3dmark05

windows media player 10

ffdshow

Edited by gdogg

@gdogg

I have looked over all the stuff you have posted and your stripped down version is gonna be awesome! Good job and keep up the good work. I hate to see people not be supportive. Im just wondering why you don't post your config files as you build betas? I think this is a really great idea and will end up great. But why the secrecy?

J/W

hiya ^^ just wanted to say thnx for crediting me :P was just about to format again :P n saw a link to microwinx, just checkin the progress n noticed credits to me. I hope u wont quit, n if so, leave ur work to somebody else so slimmingdown will neva stop :D

kinda to busy with school n gf is also high maintance, u dont have to reply to me as i will prolly forget to check this thread again ;D

have fun guys n good luck!

@Fridge-RaideR , microwinX has evolved further, its got a couple weeks b4 beta 2.5 , and about 1 month b4 public.

I aint giving up, but rather losing sleep lol.

anyway, its faster than ever, and smaller too.

oh and when using wmp10 and firefox under microwinX on my current system (see below). It is so fast, that I am not sure, if I got a gigabyte iram drive, that it would be faster cause I wouldn't be able to notice it.

@vci

if you read this, I would really like you to be a beta 2.5 tester, figuring out what software needs what, just like you did b4 with beta 2.0. if you think your up for this and have the time let me know.

@everyone

same as above goes for you too. if you think you are capable of doing this, let me know, and you might make it to the beta 2.5 list.

Edited by gdogg

I have considered it, but it didn't work in beta 2.0.

beta 2.5 might have a better chance, but I personally think it needs wmp.

mplayer (not mpc), vlc and wmp10 currently do work.