[How-to] MicrowinX Project

gdogg

Honestly, i'm not a programmer. I agree with your oppinion, gdogg..

I like using windows on my laptop, even I'm familiar with debian linux, but it was long time ago when i'm in college (maybe like SLM).

Now, i'm just a windows XP user who doesn't like complexity visual style and wasting memory for unused feature. That's why I'm very interresting on this project, i've already try xplite and when i'm join msfn, i found nlite (thank to nuhi)... and finally I found this forum..

sorry.. it's just a story of my life :)

The MicrowinX site was not accesseble when i tried to view it today ?

I guess this would support all the latest High Quality games?

Do i have to install DirectX later on?

P.S - just a few suggestion .

The ini File which i got from the attachment was from RC1 ! Have you not tried the later RCs yet?

Maybe you can remove the hotfix integration and the driver integration from the INI file , since the users would be having these files in some other folders . SO this may cause problems !

Waiting for a stable public Beta release to try :)

yah, that .ini in the first post, is old, back when 2.0 was out, thats why it was left there, until it gets changed to the microwinx nlite addon pack.

every microwinX, gets updated, or setup for the most recent nlite's

beta 2.5 testers, are already choosen, but public beta which is 3.0, is only gonna be a couple of days after.

beta 2.0 isn't around no more, only ppl who have it currently can use it.

its been leak, which was against the TOS when they agreed to get the beta. So for now, no more users can be in private beta, then the few I have chosen.

beta 2.5 is a private rls, to a select few (like 5 ppl) which will turn into beta 3.0 (public) after about a week of private testing.

and about the request of benifits, I am sure ill get around to it when I am ready'n the public rls

gdogg you did great :thumbup this is a big undertaking and handled it well :D I have been on the side reading the post and I believe you have built a very professional OS I wish I could have helped but this job and the hours has me going in circles BTW great new computer

dirt

@glent

heh, yah I know.

it probbaly wont make public in q1 but I am set at getting beta 2.5 to testers b4 q1 out is out.

oh and public and beta 2.5 are one in the same now, if 2.5 works good, it public a week later.

@shix, you never left the beta list, ur still on there from beta 2

@aegis since you brought it up, what would you consider a good method of showing benifits?

boot times filmed? microwinX on the best computer to an emachine? or should I be breaking out the old p1 233 and see if I get that to boot microwinX in 15 seconds.

a video of me tryin to infect microwinX with thousands of virus' connect to a bacth file of coarse (my wrist would hurt after all the double clicking)

should I ask a team of hackers to try to get into a microwinX box w/o a nat router and w/o a software/hardware firewall running?

I could go on, but I think u get the picture el0el

btw none of this will be done until its been publicly rls'd

Edited by gdogg