2.26 GHz

533 FSB

512 L2 Cache

or

Celeron D

2.93 GHz

533 FSB

256 L2 Cache

I mainly use Word, Excel and the Internet. However, I would like to edit and burn some home movies. And I occasionally play games (e.g. Lord of the Rings Battle for Middle Earth, and various 1st Person Shooters)

Thanks in Advance

Dan

It's a toughy if you only have a choice between those too, which I guess is the case if you are asking about those two only. You won't be wanting a AMD 64, if you have a limited choice.

Look here, you can compare the processors, nearly. The closest it can get to a 2.93Ghz Celeron is a 2.60Ghz Celeron.

Hope this helps, also dont forget to factor in power consumption and cost of aqusition, assuming that you don't already have them

A Pentium would always be preferable to a Celeron. A Pentium will usually have more cache memory, a maths co-processor and extra multi-media instructions (a la MMX). :w00t:

Edited by FAT64

You know, the Celeron is the exact SAME core as the Pentium, the only difference is the cache. You'll see more performance from a much faster Hz ratio, then a larger cache. Tit for tat, if processor speeds are the same, the Pentium is a better choice. However, a Celeron 3GHz will out perform a Pentium 2GHz, even if the Pentium has more cache.