All-in-One Guru

@ Alanoll

So is this problem with, as you said "idiots", becoming to much for MSFN to handle?

If so I'm sure Nuhi would consider a move to his own forum. Are you speaking for

MSFN or is this just your personal problem with the "idiots"? It may help to know

we are beginning a new GUIDE as well as a FAQ for nLite..........

BD B)

i was speaking purely for myself and only myself. I just find it annoying. And no, it's not all of the nLite users, or the majority of them even. If i was speaking for MSFN, i would not use the term "idiots".

And nuhi has mentioned to me about the guide before, but take it from my personal experience, guides and FAQs does not mean people will read them.

@bonedaddy

Hehehe. Alanoll is a moderator. The moderators typically read more threads and posts than other members (including very-very regular members). Thus, he gets to see more "idiots" than the others. nLite is just a part of it.

Gentlemen (and Ladies) – PEACE !! Where is the spirit of challenge and competition which is the true secret of social and intellectual evolution of the human race.MSFN has been a forum of such excellent members it is sad to see everyone flaming the others.

Gosh gave us the slimming secret, Green Machine gave us XPcreate,then we had WPI, WIHU, Xplode by Wraith, BTS driver packs, and the list goes on….

Everyone is a small building block on this wonderful ship called MSFN, no one is greater or smaller,and as in Olympics we participate and the spirt of participation, progress,development should govern our passions and instincts and not a sentimental attachment to a certain project or person.

Nuhi in his own right has created Nlite and brought it to near perfection.Nuhi I wouldn’t say MJC is doing this out of spite or arrogance and neither does he show any disrespect towards your work.

I feel MJC should be encouraged and helped for his All-in-One Application.And while we all take pride in our work, a united and joint effort by MJC,NUHI,RyanVM,Wraith, should ultimately give MSFN an application which will be a source of pride for as long as Internet history is written,

Your friendly neighbourhood doctor. ------- drbadami

Some one mentioned that Nuhi should make nLite more modular in that so it could accept add-on packs like a run once .cmd creator and app slip streamer, ect...

I think that Alanoll for the simplist reason of not wanting to have to create a new forum area for nLite (ie: nLite add-ons and why they don’t work section) simply because it would take some work to start up and distract him from other projects that he is currently working (could be wrong, but that’s what I’m seeing).

Now I’m not saying Nuhi is a bad programmer (never had an issue with his program, that was caused by a code fault of his software) but there will people asking and creating more work for both Allanoll, and Nuhi to take care of. Frankly though I think modular idea is a good one, whether or not

Nuhi wants to do that with his nLite project is his business. I would hope that it would become a reality though at some point but again this is me.

@Allanoll

As far as the business of the FAQ and guides, I read them, I read a lot, and sadly in fact think a fair amount of decent guides and FAQ’s become lost in the forums, not saying your work isn’t worth while because truthfully it is, as there is no other forum network quit like MSFN.org (content wise), witch is an accomplishment of its own right.

Edited by Commander X800

I think that Alanoll for the simplist reason of not wanting to have to create a new forum area for nLite (ie: nLite add-ons and why they don’t work section) simply because it would take some work to start up and distract him from other projects that he is currently working (could be wrong, but that’s what I’m seeing).
I honestly have no problem with creating new forums :P It's just a simple thing to do. Getting it started i'd leave up to nuhi and the rest of the nLite community. (so yeah, wrong reason :P )

As for more work on my and nuhi's part, I'd only for see more work in reality for nuhi. I just enforce the rules, i don't create the program.

As far as the business of the FAQ and guides, I read them, I read a lot, and sadly in fact think a fair amount of decent guides and FAQ’s become lost in the forums

I was not saying there was anything wrong with guides, in fact I'm in the process of updating the Unattended guide, and allowing user submitted pages to allowed on the site as well (keeps them from getting lost in the forum). I was just saying, out of shere volume, it will seem as if they're never read. I know they are, and i know how often the Unattended guide is opened, however...if you were to read through the forum you will get the impression that people don't. Perhaps I misstated it earlier, but at times, you will get the feeling no one reads it because someone will ask a question that was clearly answered on the Unattedned site (F6 for drivers anyone?). But then again, there are two reasons for a forum, discussion and support. So of course whenever people haven't read the guide is when they'll post. It's sort of a vicious cycle.

@bonedaddy

I didn't say it wouldnt help :P I just said people won't read it. Or atleast you'll get the impression they don't read it.

But then again, there are two reasons for a forum, discussion and support. So of course whenever people haven't read the guide is when they'll post. It's sort of a vicious cycle.

You should make a disclosure agreement that part of joining the forums , stating that 1. You should read the guide and 2.know the starter portion up to the WINNT.srf and testing of the guide by memory, and 3. If posible dl the pdf.

i think its fair.

Edited by Commander X800

But then again, there are two reasons for a forum, discussion and support. So of course whenever people haven't read the guide is when they'll post. It's sort of a vicious cycle.

You should make a disclosure agreement that part of joining the forums , stating that 1. You should read the guide and 2.know the starter portion up to the WINNT.srf and testing of the guide by memory, and 2. If posible dl the pdf.

i think its fair.

that will get a resounding NO from almost all forum members. MSFN is not just about Unattended Installation, nor anything else in particular. However, new members are supposed to recieve a PM upon joining telling them to read the rules amonst other things.

@Alanoll

Iknow MSFN.org is not just a UA site, and that it is largly much more, and that the response would be no less than what you stated in regardes to the policy idea i stated.

but i think that auto pm funtion has something wrong with it as i never got one (relating to the read the rules topic)

But with that said, I'll stop bloating this theard.

STOP IT.... *goes in the corner and shakes back and forth*

This is seriously getting out of control, haven't you realised people !!

I mean, there are programs out there that do the same thing, take WinZip for example, theres WinRar, WinAce, TugZip... They practically do all the same thing, and to my knowledge, that all the programs have .ZIP support !!

And its the same deal here !!

A member is creating a program, that sure its like nlite or whatever other program you think it is like, but aren't people entitled to make free of what they want to do !!

In essence, just bloody stop it, badgering other people for their work, or opinions, its just wrong !!

*sigh*...

Obviously this is a "touchy" subject and, in fact, some people (many many) WILL be offended. That is understandable and it is also unavoidable. I have a strong admiration for people like Ryan and Nuhi who spend enormous amounts of time to develop, support and deliver the outstanding applications/utilities they do... and for FREE yet!

Having said that, there is always room for something NEW. The developers of many (and i would easily go so far as to say "most") applications out there were, in fact, inspired by the ideas and applications that others have created.

What MJC is doing appears to be no different -- he realizes how the functionality of other ideas could be rolled-up into something even better (or at least that's his goal). It is quite obvious from one of Nuhi's previous posts here that he feels threatened, at least a little. I don't know what happened when MJC asked Nuhi for the source, but i would hope that he (MJC) did not act like a ranting baby when he was turned down.

@MJC -- Your are obviously setting yourself up for a beating if you pursue your application and intend to make it public, especially by announcing it here. My advise is: DO NOT LET OTHERS DISSUADE YOU IN ANY WAY !!! Go for it! Sure, people are going to be offended... SO WHAT! I'm all for your idea, even though i have a great admiration for Nuhi and others. It's a double edge sword and there's nothing you can do about it. Some supporters of other communities are going to try to poke holes in your idea (as they already have) not because it's not a good one, but because they feel dedicated to something else and don't want yours to suceed. Let them! You can use that to your advantage (to make yours better, hopefully). Keep in mind that many of these same people will be silently "testing" your application at some point in the future :blink:

As far as your application itself, i, like others, hate bloat-ware. However i don't see your idea as falling under that category at all. I think the idea of one application that will handle building an install, slipstreaming hotfixes/service packs, applying tweaks, etc., is an outstanding one. I would guess that most people using other applications, such as nLite, are using them along with other utilities anyway, so rolling up the functionality of these utilities is a natural step in the right direction IMO.

The only thing more i'd like to offer is that, for anyone wishing to contribute to this project, you may want to be sure that MJC will, in fact, be able to release his app to the public.

Good luck MJC!

Edited by atomizer