Anti-Virus to become obsolete.

Wonder if this is how Christopher Columbus felt when he told people he thought the world was round?

To be able to expand and create better technology, don't we have to be open minded and think outside the box? If ours minds stay set then we'll just stay in an endless loop, right?

I know next to nothing about the IT field, as I am just a beginner. However, from the 9 pages of this forum, it sounds like this software may very well be the next step in the evolution of PC protection.

So, even though we can't have demo software to play with, can we atleast buy some of the company's stock? :D

uhmm..

it's webpage was last updated on 2003 :whistle:

Did you read my previous post? I told you 95% of our clients have never even seen the site. No one bothers to update it, because we really don't need to. Those that want to know about the product either hear it from us verbally, or someone else verbally.

Maybe :rolleyes:

As for me, a decent and up to date webpage is the better start to making business and a hidden company is a untrusted company ;)

Nice! That would make most of the people on this thread to shut the hell up!

If you do not believe the guy, dont even bother to post ... But posts making fun of him are complety useless!

I truly wish to see such software work, and am more openminded than I appear.

It's just that he's saying trust me, it's a wonderful thing. But he's only willing to "demo" it in a tightly controlled envirionment.

I'm simply calling his bluff. And BTW, if it isn't for sale, so why bother advertising?

Oh, that's right, he only sells to big mega corporations, because they are the only ones who are smart enough to use it......

That's also an absurd arguement, after all, look at all the work we've done to make windows installations easier and faster. Noooooo, we don't think outside the box at all....... so there's no way we'd even consider something better.

So he is INSULTING us, why not bust his chops back? He better take it if he's gonna dish it out :realmad:

PUT UP OR SHUT UP rhythmnsmoke

It's just that he's saying trust me, it's a wonderful thing. But he's only willing to "demo" it in a tightly controlled envirionment.

I'm simply calling his bluff. And BTW, if it isn't for sale, so why bother advertising?

Oh, that's right, he only sells to big mega corporations, because they are the only ones who are smart enough to use it......

That's also an absurd arguement, after all, look at all the work we've done to make windows installations easier and faster. Noooooo, we don't think outside the box at all....... so there's no way we'd even consider something better.

So he is INSULTING us, why not bust his chops back? He better take it if he's gonna dish it out :realmad:

I can see that point of view... so where is the proof? I am willing to listen IF i see it...

So, even though we can't have demo software to play with, can we atleast buy some of the company's stock?  :D

sweet! :D

I was not talking about IDS/IPS... I was talking about restricting software (either on kernel level or API levels)... Which is quite old technology...

Even though it is nice idea, it was not successful when broadly deployed.

I am not trying to put you donw, I am just curious why do you think this technology is so exciting?

As has been said above, it's not about being open-minded. It's about whether we trust someone uknown to tell us how great his software is, or whether we trust for ourselves after trying it out. Would you buy a car you'd never seen because the salesman said it was incredible and showed you a video of him driving it? No, you'd want to drive it for yourself. It's the same thing. That's the reason why every software program worth it's salt has a shareware version (heck, even Windows has a downloadable trial version) so the end-user can test it out to see if it works as advertised. Without it, no one except the most gullible would buy into it sight-unseen.

Would you buy a car you'd never seen because the salesman said it was incredible and showed you a video of him driving it?

No, of course not. But it still wouldn't hurt to watch the video.

rythmnsmoke is clearly not a huckster, I could tell by speaking with him that he is a techie busting a gut to tell someone about his companies software. And he is not using MSFN as a distribution channel. He didn't tell me this but I found through some research that his company is affiliated with CDW and EDS for distribution, hardly fly-by-night operations.

In his demo he stumbled a little on some new features (locking down folder properties... the code worked by the way and would not let properties be changed, even as windows admin) so this is clearly a work in progress not quite ready for general distribution, so it is not surprising that it is not available yet. And like I said before, there are those on this board that would know better than I if this is as revolutionary or feasable as he claims, I wish one of you had watched the demo to give a better account, but from what I saw it is very impressive piece of code worthy of at least a look.

I have read most of the posts on this thread and it seems (royal) we will not be satisfied until we see it.

If it does what is claimed that's great for everyone! (Big and Small)

But I don't see the point in arguing with rhythmnsmoke :no: wheather it can or can't do what he claims as it gets nowhere.

I will sit and wait for a release I can test/play with............... :whistle:

Until then I will keep using and updating my AV :yes:

I think this thread should be closed.....

Edited by Taggs

Would you buy a car you'd never seen because the salesman said it was incredible and showed you a video of him driving it?
Video vs. Live....see the difference.
No, of course not. But it still wouldn't hurt to watch the video.

rythmnsmoke is clearly not a huckster, I could tell by speaking with him that he is a techie busting a gut to tell someone about his companies software. And he is not using MSFN as a distribution channel. He didn't tell me this but I found through some research that his company is affiliated with CDW and EDS for distribution, hardly fly-by-night operations.

That's right, this is not a distribution channel for me, nor the company. I'm doing it to practive giving presentations. The real presentations are done by our Co-CEO/CTO. And that is to the actually clients. I'm using MSFN to practice and that's pretty much it.

In his demo he stumbled a little on some new features (locking down folder properties... the  code worked by the way and would not let properties be changed, even as windows admin)

Yeah, I've done demos in person on the old stuff, but like I said, I just started with live meeting doing demos. So, I'm trying to practice. But like you said, IT WORKS! I just need to profect my delivery. The new features I have only been playing with just two days before I showed it to you. So, I'm new to them just as much as they are to you. I'm not trying to sell to the CFO of IBM or something, so I'm learning how to deliver a good presentation. So, if I screw up verbally, let me know. So that when I do get in front of the client, I will be all the better.

so this is clearly a work in progress not quite ready for general distribution, so it is not surprising that it is not available yet. And like I said before, there are those on this board that would know better than I if this is as revolutionary or feasable as he claims, I wish one of you had watched the demo to give a better account, but from what I saw it is very impressive piece of code worthy of at least a look.

Actually, it is ready and able for general distribution. Those New features I showed you were the finishing touches to the software. I only showed you like a 5th of it's capabilities. But I assume you thought that because of my deliver of the presentation. I will only get better as practice continues. But the software is ready for corporate distribution. We have clients running it already. However, they are running our older ver. Not the new stuff I showed you last night. But get this, they don't want to upgrade, because our older technology serves them just fine. For what they do, our old technology provides them with a secure environment. The new stuff makes the old stuff look light years behind. But yet even the old stuff makes AV look light years behind.

I'm going to be busy all day today. I will probably have to respond to everyone else this weekend when I have some spare time.

DMAN is the only person that got to see the demo, He SAW it work LIVE! (same as if I was sitting in front of him) And I still get flamed(And they say thier not set in their ways and are openminded).

Demo = LIVE (same as if I was in front of your face doing it).

I'm simply calling his bluff.

You didn't call my bluff, because you didn't send me your e-mail to view the Live viewing of our contorl.

And BTW, if it isn't for sale, so why bother advertising?

This is not my nor the companies medium for advertising. I'm trying to practice on giving demos via Live Meeting. I've only had it for about a week. Before that, I was traveling to every client to install and present. This saves me traveling cost. I'm trying to practice in front of NON-Client people, so that when I step in front of the potential million dollar contract Client, I don't stumble in my presentation deliver. The software will not stumble, only just me and my verbally explanation of it.

No...because they will give us the most money the FATEST!. Don't worry, you will get your turn to play with it, but not until we have overcome the politics of the corporate world.

Noooooo, we don't think outside the box at all....... so there's no way we'd even consider something better.

So he is INSULTING us, why not bust his chops back? He better take it if he's gonna dish it out

It is not my intent to belittle, insult, or undermine your intelligence. If you felt that I did, I do apologize. A lot of you probably are smarter than me. However, I know something good when I see it. I do have a computer degree. And this is not my first computer job since graduation. There is a little chinese saying that goes something like this:

"In order for you to taste my tea, you have to empty your cup".

In other words, in order for someone with a high level of expertise in computers, they are going to set aside everything they know about computers to accept what it is that we do. They are going to bring EVERYTHING they know about computers to the table. In other words, there KNOWLEDGE in and of itself has hindered them from accepting, as well as not understanding something that is NEW and non-accomplished by already existing technology. Truly a "There is nothing that can do any better, because I'VE SEEN IT ALL" attitude. These are the hardest people to deal with when it comes to showing them something that actually is NEW.

The Logic: If everyone new and seen everything there ever was to see, then how does the word NEW come about to exsist? (no pun intended, just trying to get you to see)

I did put up, where were you while I was doing it?

I don't classify a "live" demo as putting up.

it's kinda like a live showing of a salesman demoing a Porsche.

Just not the same as gripping the wheel and mashing the gas.

so I'm still waiting to see it for myself.

and I think it's funny that only now are you telling us that you're using us for training

how nice :realmad:

There's one problem with your thought process. If this truly is real, I can completely understand your desire to spread the word about it. However, having said that, I've seen too many "super-great-better-than-the-rest" software come and go to believe anyone without being able to - as ^_^ put it - mashing the gas for myself. Your "demo vs. live" argument is moot. So it's not a prerecorded demo, it's still a "live demo". I can't truly get hands-on with it. Regardless, while I don't agree with those who are openly mocking you, I have to agree with what they're saying at least. I just won't believe until I can see it for myself. Or at the very least, see some major news source promote it (though I'd still have to test it before I shelled out money for it). I guess that's my final say on this matter as we're just going round in circles. I have better things to do with my time.