Anti-Virus to become obsolete.

and to answer the other questions…

A word of mouth product wouldn't need you to join forums advertising it.

If it were as good as you say, you should advertise it properly, produce a proper web site, to sell it, and give a guide price.

Don't get me wrong, I'm happy for you if it is everything you say, but if it is, your marketing strategy needs a complete overhaul, since it could conceivably be the biggest selling security product in the world!

<Edit>

Sorry missed the last couple of posts during composition.

What would be the fundemental difference between a Government, Corporate and Home version.

</Edit>

I'm not in sales, I'm in IT. I'm not trying to advertise the product. Look at this as an educational thread. I don't have the power to sell it to you, so I have no hidden agenda but to just educate the good people here on this forum, that soon....soon, a new technology will emerge and force the AV companies to scrap their whole technology. This is as good as I say it is. The fundemental difference in government/corporate vs. home version. I will just point out a couple "obvious" differences.

Gov./Corporate

1) Networking capability--A trusted Admin console connected to as many probes as you can handle.

2) Protection from Admin's causing damage to the machine.

3) All functionality is a lot more complex, in that you can deploy/push down signals from the main console.

4) The user will never see the alert generated from thier malicious activity, but the Admin, and every other admin that has an alert module on their desktop will.

5) Because it does NOT use the system driver approach that traditional, and every other security software on the market does. It works in Safe Mode.

6) Protection for static data.

7) Ability to authenticate EVERY...EVERY executable being launched, before it passes to the kernal.

Home version

1) All management is done by the user.

2) Ability to run as standalone, not requiring a network to operate.

3) Still has the core technology built in, like the binary search engine, but as of right now, the policy dispatch is not in it. I believe we will be adding the policy dispatch to it later.

Soon, the home verison should be up to par with our networking version as far as features are concerned. The difference will be just the ability to run as a standalone.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

Read up on the forum rules and ettiquette. Coming
16. Don't self-promote your site, the moment you sign-up. Wait till you have atleast 10 posts to your name, before talking about your own site (in the "websites and boards" forum).

Etiquette

This shouldn't even be in the WindowsXP section either...

I'm not trying to promote the site. I'm trying to educate the masses any way I can, to show you there is something far greater in technology than the popular AV software of today. To be quite frank with you, probably 95% of the people we deal with on a daily basis have never even seen our website. This is a true "Word of Mouth" product.

Why do you admins always have to cry like sissies for nothing. I don't want to start a flame war and you can very well ban me for what I'm about to say (cause I'm sure you wont like to hear it) but I don't care cause at least I act like an adult not a child. What's wrong about posting a link, he's not even doing promotion for this software, only explaining to us that it exists cause nobody mentioned it in all the numerous threads and posts about AV softwares. And if this software runs on XP, since there is no AV section it fits well in the Windows XP section. So stop acting like a crybaby over your so precious netiquette, you are making a fool out of you. Learn to judge reasonably and you will see this is not a infomercial, this guy is only mentioning stuff we don't know of, this should be encouraged on this forum. And by judging by the other posts, people find this interesting and would like to know more. So next time, please twist you fingers 7 times before typing and shut up, leave people be a little bit. Are you God or what? I'm not mad nor angry, but I get tired of that kind of attitude.

Hey do you have screenshots? Try to infect yourself just to show us how it reacts or something... Why is this not released to public if it's so good?

EDIT: haha see, that guy is just more politically correct but says the same thing as me, stop whining, this is IT forum and we talk about tech stuff, and I bet if this project was made my nuhi or allanoll nobody would complain... sometimes people on msfn tend to be close minded...

Edited by Thauzar

It runns independent of the Microsoft OS. By that I mean it has it's own built in event handling system. It does not require the OS to tell it something has occured like other security products. It's very neat, with all the little tid bits it can do, besides just protecting the machine. You wouldn't even imagine the things we shut off even if you have Admin Privileges to the whole machine.

Even in Admin mode, with ImmuneEngine running, you can not get to things like:

regedit

cmd.exe

services

computer management

I mean you simply just can screw with the machine anymore. Now I know their is probably a question brewing in your head about some of the tools I just listed. Simple fact to the matter is, if you need access to those tools, then you also have access to ImmuneEngine. You can tell ImmuneEngine to allow you to access that part of the system. But if you are not suppose to be there, then you are not getting in there.

Now, as far as Admin's that need access to the command prompt. We do not tread on the Admins ability to do his/her job. All we do is secure it. That's why we have a more secure BBXcmd.exe available for them to use. It's more secure than cmd.exe and it can be tracked. It does the commands just like cmd.exe does. Infact it actually is cmd.exe with a pipe around it. It just does not allow you to do the things considered to be malicious, like launching programs via the command prompt.

Oh yeah, so this should not be in windows xp... :whistle: but where else could it be... :unsure: is there a thread for non-os programs? :no: So I guess here was not the worst place to post... maybe software hangout would have been more neutral

Edited by Thauzar

I'll test it 'in the wild' on my personal home network, for free, if you are willing to drop me a fully functional copy!

And I really am serious about your site and advertising. It is the single most important tool you will ever have with regards selling your product /idea. Spend a few thousand with the best web designer and marketing agency you can get, if you have to. All you need to be able to do is sell the product to your bank if you need funding for this. I'm sure the Government agencies and independent testing people would be only too willing to verify the products capabilities in order to secure this.

<Edit>

Crossing posts again

It sounds more like an emulator or OS in it's own right.

Trying to convince MS, that your not interfering with their software may be a problem too

Please tell us more, this is becoming really interesting!

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

Read up on the forum rules and ettiquette. Coming
16. Don't self-promote your site, the moment you sign-up. Wait till you have atleast 10 posts to your name, before talking about your own site (in the "websites and boards" forum).

Etiquette

This shouldn't even be in the WindowsXP section either...

I'm not trying to promote the site. I'm trying to educate the masses any way I can, to show you there is something far greater in technology than the popular AV software of today. To be quite frank with you, probably 95% of the people we deal with on a daily basis have never even seen our website. This is a true "Word of Mouth" product.

Hey do you have screenshots? Try to infect yourself just to show us how it reacts or something... Why is this not released to public if it's so good?

EDIT: haha see, that guy is just more politically correct but says the same thing as me, stop whining, this is IT forum and we talk about tech stuff, and I bet if this project was made my nuhi or allanoll nobody would complain... sometimes people on msfn tend to be close minded...

Sure, I can post screenshots for you. Give me a sec. I'm at work and we are running some new test. And because it's so new, it's a new way of thinking. People are not going to grasp the concept of it that fast. So we are starting with the gov. first, "because all roads in security lead to Washington"..as my cheif programmer always says. The technology is truly "Push button" style. Let me get some screen shots for you...hold on.

I'll test it 'in the wild' on my personal home network, for free, if you are willing to drop me a fully functional copy!

And I really am serious about your site and advertising. It is the single most important tool you will ever have with regards selling your product /idea. Spend a few thousand with the best web designer and marketing agency you can get, if you have to. All you need to be able to do is sell the product to your bank if you need funding for this. I'm sure the Government agencies and independent testing people would be only too willing to verify the products capabilities in order to secure this.

I would do this for free if you gave me a copy. I would install it on my moms computer. She and her husband are the best, common, (often stupid with computers) people who always get infected by whatsoever even if I installed them an antivirus and update it often. :thumbup

If your software pass the parents test, I will certify it to be truly above all others loll Users in entreprise and my parents are of the same breed...

<Edit>

Crossing posts again…

It sounds more like an emulator or OS in it's own right.

Trying to convince MS, that your not interfering with their software may be a problem too

Please tell us more, this is becoming really interesting!

</Edit>

Lol, now I can't just start handing out copies to everyone... Good try. But one thing to point out to you is this. The Product does All the selling for us! That's another reason why we don't bother with updating the site that often, or making it look pretty. I will iterate again, It is truly "Word of Mouth". And because you haven't heard about it, is because only the top executives of major corporations and high ranking officials in the gov. are talking about us. So, no funding will be spent in the direction of imporving the website, when no one ever visit it. See, what happens is this. One of our connections way up in the government will mention us to another executive. They will start a project their to try and break it. Produce their findings, and pass along "Confidential" information to other ranking officials. We use thier testings of our success as a little buzz in other corporations ears. Oh...by the way. Here is that screenshot I promised.

Now what you are looking at is the main probe/client interface. There is no pretty graphics here nor there. Bottom line, it gets the job done. Ignore the Cardomain logo, I am a car enthusist too, and it was just a quick way to get the pic up.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

Feel free to ask more questions about the pic, and what the buttons are. I will try to reply to everyone as quick as I can. Like I said, I'm at work, and we are working on a new feature. So I'm testing that.

Oh, one more feature the Gov./corporate ver. has over the home is

It can stop remote hackers. Example...stopping you from gaining root to the machine through cmd.exe, or using PStools to get to cmd.exe.

Funny thing is if you do a search on PStools, you will not find a single article on how admins are using it to do malicious things. But in actuality, they are. But every article is talking about how it makes the Admin's job "SOOO!" easy, and how it's a "Good" admin tool.

The home ver. may eventually have that feature as well, but right now, it dosen't.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

Lol, now I can't just start handing out copies to everyone...  Good try.

No not everyone, just me!
  • first to ask only, the rest of em can take a flying leap :rolleyes:

<Edit>

The most important thing now for me is how restrictive, this product will be in a networked environment.

Yes I'll have more time to spend on other Admin duties, due to the lack of virus, and local admin problems, but will I have to spend it constantly at the probe console

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

Sorry to dissapoint you bob, but you're just selling crap. I don't believe a word you're sayin'. There's no BEST AV software out there...and you wanna know why? 'cause you're not the smartest on the planet. There's always others that can beat your software. You say your "AV" has no definition files or virus signatures. How do you detect a virus? Reading the binary code you say, right? What if someone designs a program/routine from if&then a couple of times 'cause it needs to replace something in a database, what's your 'AV" gonna do? Delete the program?

C'mon kid...wake up, this is the real world. Matrix was in 1999 in theaters. ;)

Lol, now I can't just start handing out copies to everyone...  Good try.

No not everyone, just me!
  • first to ask only, the rest of em can take a flying leap :rolleyes:

<Edit>

The most important thing now for me is how restrictive, this product will be in a networked environment.

Yes I'll have more time to spend on other Admin duties, due to the lack of virus, and local admin problems, but will I have to spend it constantly at the probe console

</Edit>

The answer is no. It's desgined to be an install and forget utility. The only time you need to interact with it, is lets say a the new Windows Media Player comes out, and you want all your machines to have it. Bring down the machines from one central console, push down your software, and bring the shields back up. Corporations are not constantly installing software all the time. Your next question might be, "Well, how do you let Windows auto update?" We have already thought of that too. And there are features from the Admin console that can allow that to happen.

I'm not trying to promote the site.  I'm trying to educate the masses any way I can, to show you there is something far greater in technology than the popular AV software of today.  To be quite frank with you, probably 95% of the people we deal with on a daily basis have never even seen our website.  This is a true "Word of Mouth" product.

Why do you admins always have to cry like sissies for nothing.  I don't want to start a flame war and you can very well ban me for what I'm about to say (cause I'm sure you wont like to hear it) but I don't care cause at least I act like an adult not a child.  What's wrong about posting a link, he's not even doing promotion for this software, only explaining to us that it exists cause nobody mentioned it in all the numerous threads and posts about AV softwares.  And if this software runs on XP, since there is no AV section it fits well in the Windows XP section.  So stop acting like a crybaby over your so precious netiquette, you are making a fool out of you.  Learn to judge reasonably and you will see this is not a infomercial, this guy is only mentioning stuff we don't know of, this should be encouraged on this forum.  And by judging by the other posts, people find this interesting and would like to know more.  So next time, please twist you fingers 7 times before typing and shut up, leave people be a little bit.  Are you God or what?  I'm not mad nor angry, but I get tired of that kind of attitude.

The problem that I have with this (I'm not an admin by the way...) is the fact that someone completely new comes in and advertises (that's the way I see it) a new product without having contributed anything else first. The difference between rythmnsmoke and nuhi and Alanoll is that nuhi and Alanoll have provided help in many areas, whereas for rythymsmoke, his first post is regarding a product that costs money and he works on. To me, that's advertising.

And IMO, it does belong with a discussion regarding AV software since that's the market that its in. There's a lot of software that runs on XP... but we all post about that in the Software Discussion section... what's so different about this?

I apologize if I was quick to judge on this. I've seen many other such first posts, and probably all of them up until now have been completely bogus. From the looks of things, this isn't the case here.

Now... to ask some questions (and hopefully get some good answers! ;))

3) When installed, system idle process is an average of 95 to 98%. Designed to be literally undetectable to system resources.
Sure... most AV programs go undetectable on the system when you're not using it, but what about when there's high network or file I/O happening? Both Norton and NOD32 will sit quietly at idle, but start downloading a lot of stuff and Norton will cause your computer to slow to a crawl while NOD32 doesn't. These are just for comparative purposes mind you - there are several other AV programs that demonstrate similar qualities.
4) Runs independently of the Microsoft OS. Traditional AV relies on the OS to tell it something has happend.
How exactly do you accomplish this? You're saying that you recieve data at the hardware level before Windows does? I thought that this was the key to how WinXP worked... the HAL - a method so that it was simple to interface hardware through the OS. The only program that I know of that can directly access some hardware (network cards and CD drives perhaps) is VMWare, but it still relies on the OS for processor calls and file I/O.
Every other AV software machine in the test, sat there dumb as a post.
I'm somewhat skeptical of this... was the program put on the computers malicious (i.e. a virus/trojan)? If so, you're saying that none of the AV programs picked it up? I'd like to get my hands on this program... for testing purposes. ;)
Sorry to dissapoint you bob, but you're just selling crap. I don't believe a word you're sayin'. There's no BEST AV software out there...and you wanna know why? 'cause you're not the smartest on the planet. There's always others that can beat your software. You say your "AV" has no definition files or virus signatures. How do you detect a virus? Reading the binary code you say, right? What if someone designs a program/routine from if&then a couple of times 'cause it needs to replace something in a database, what's your 'AV" gonna do? Delete the program?

C'mon kid...wake up, this is the real world. Matrix was in 1999 in theaters.

Kinda harsh way to put it, but true... several programs use auto-update features. When the program is updated, how would the ImmuneEngine know to allow that program access to resources? For example, Sygate Personal Firewall keeps a running tabs on all programs that request network access, and when a program version changes, it asks the user what to do. Would the ImmuneEngine provide a similar feature?

Also, I'm not quite sure what you mean by "Binary Search Engine". Searching through the binary code itself is somewhat crude and probably an inefficient way of doing things. The binary data itself doesn't hold much value unless you know how to interpret it. A little more elaboration might help here...

C'mon kid...wake up, this is the real world. Matrix was in 1999 in theaters. ;)

My question would be this....How are you going to get the newly designed program/routine from if&then into the machine? By the way, it's not an AV program. It's Security Software. We are above AV software. Might I recommend you do a little reading of our white papers from the website, before you assume that there is no solution better than current technology. For there to be another solution that can do what we can do, they would have to scrap what they have and start all over with a new frame of mind. Right now, NO one is doing what we do. They all say they can, then you dig deaper only to realize that all they do is combine already exsisting technology and think it can compete. When you read further, all you see them doing is combining...a 1)Firewall, 2)IDS and 3)Signature updates, and then try to pawn it off to customers like it's the newest thing.

Then call my bluff. If you read the previous post in their entirety, then you would have seen the part where I said I am willing to give a "LIVE" demo of the software with Live Meeting I have set up on the demo machine. All I would have to do is just get your e-mail, so that I can send the instructions for you to connect to view the desktop of the machine.

For EVERYONE that is interested, I will be leaving work today, and going to go pick up my demo machine. I will get everything up and running with Live Meeting, and give you a "Live" Demo of the software. Live Meeting will allow 14 people to join and view the demo. The only problem is, I don't have a conference call phone, so I can only explain verbally to 2 other people, cause I have 3-way calling on my cell phone. Everyone else is just going to have to wait, until I post again on the board to explain what it was you were veiwing.

FEEL FREE to flame me all you want AFTER the live Demo. And call me the greatest BS in the world! I am a very sane person. Only someone that is dumb would not go on this long and try to reply to everyone the best they can, if I was just BSin. I WILL NEVER POST HERE AGAIN, IF I AM JUST FULL OF IT!

i have 2 things to say

1-NOD32 is still considered the BEST overall AV out there including price and detecttion rate.

2-I knew 1 AV like the advertised one in this thread in the past. I asked this kind of question to AV company and they told me there is no way you can have AV without an update thing because if they do, we don't need to update our AV every week, do we.?

AV is like adware program. You need to keep updating your software if you don't want any virus / adware in your computer.