Anti-Virus to become obsolete.

well, grisoft is starting out by offering a free version

I think you guys need to get busy, and release one on your website so all these propellerheads can get out there and give some real word of mouth :yes:

So far, the only people who have free copies, is our employees, and very high ranking government officials or high rank executives of corportations. We give it to them for free to see if they can break it. But it wouldn't serve any purpose if I gave it to you for free, cause we wouldn't be getting any potential million dollar profits from the few people you guys told. Unless you work for some major firm. Then again, we still would only be talking to the CTO's, and Cheif stategist of the companies. You know, people who can make decision for the entire company.

The files are check in/out of a central location right?  All you have to do is filter that location.  The shield will still be up and running.  Who you give access to deposit and update that location is totally up to you.  However, to test the software by executing it, is going to require you to run it on a separate machine not running ImmuneEngine.  I guess you could set up a "Code" test box for the specific purpose of just testing the new codes.

Well that was my point, we'll need Administarator to move everything to a location for 300+ people non-stop all day in order for them to test then move back then recode again then back, debugging will take years!

The Document Management System is the single most important and expensive thing we use, every user uses it as policy, and it cost us tens of thousands of pounds to have developed. All documents of every type are tracked, searched, revised, redlined and backed up etc. through it.

As I stated, it appears that unless my company works with nothing other than basic low risk file types, it will be impractical to run.

A problem is that my coders although far cleverer than I at those things are incapable of maintaining an IT infrastructure, and are possibly more dangerous to my system than the snotty 17 year old school leavers with no prior PC experience. They will for that reason never be allowed full administrative privileges, but obviously due to the nature of their work need some. Your product would basically give them all or none and increase the IT departments workload thousandfold.

<Edit>

Unless you work for some major firm. Then again, we still would only be talking to the CTO's, and Cheif stategist of the companies. You know, people who can make decision for the entire company.
My company is a multi million dollar international organisation. However, when it come to selling something to us you sell it to the Managers, in this case IT Manager, they decide it's suitability, cost it, create a plan for possible implementation and then sell it to the Executives, that's what they're get paid for. You will never come into contact with them, if you did the Managers would be sacked, that is how it works!

</Edit>

Edited by Yzöwl

1) your not getting the option to do that. 

2) someone placed mis-judgement in you to give you rights to ImmuneEngine to access the non-secure version of cmd.exe. 

3) If they did give you rights to ImmuneEngine, and you open the non-secure cmd.exe and were to input that command in, What will happen is the alerts will start going haywire on the Admin's desk.  Then he is going to come down to you, because the alert tell you 1) What machine, 2) the user logged in 3) and the date and time stamp in.  This all happens in real time.  Now, how are you going to explain to the Admin that you did it by mistake.  Say good bye to your job.  This action will not go undetected even if you have rights to ImmuneEngine. 

This is the whole reason why we created BBXcmd.exe.  Corporations now have the abiltiy to track everything you do by command prompt.  It even stores the commands you previously entered.  You would be stupid to mess with a system that has an all seeing eye, and knows everything you touch.  And get this, the feature has not been put into place yet, but from the main console Admin's are going to have the abiltiy to send a signal to the BBXcmd.exe on the client machines to specify which commands it  should allow and not allow. Only the truly trusted Admin's(which I think corporations are going to have few and far between) are going to have access to the system's not so secure functions.

This is exactly the point I'm getting at. The software that you're providing is not a typical anti-virus or security solution - it locks down the entire computer and provides an all seeing eye for administrators.

Don't get me wrong - if you can make this work relatively easily for companies great. I'm just wondering how much of an impact it will have on the home computer market. Until you can make the software usable for the common person, you'll be stuck with large corporations as your market base. Until then, anti-virus won't be obsolete... ;)

Well that was my point, we'll need Administarator to move everything to a location for 300+ people non-stop all day in order for them to test then move back then recode again then back, debugging will take years!

The Document Management System is the single most important and expensive thing we use, every user uses it as policy, and it cost us tens of thousands of pounds to have developed. All documents of every type are tracked, searched, revised, redlined and backed up etc. through it.

As I stated, it appears that unless my company works with nothing other than basic low risk file types, it will be impractical to run.

I am not quite sure how your process runs. I know that the system is very flexible, and can be changed to suite all ranges of situations. This DMS, does it have a central location where you are storing and updating files. When you say that the Admin's are moving everything to a location, are you saying that they have the right to put it anywhere the please? Correct me if I'm wrong. Our software would FORCE structure to this situation. What exactly is the nature of this buisness too?

A problem is that my coders although far cleverer than I at those things are incapable of maintaining an IT infrastructure, and are possibly more dangerous to my system than the snotty 17 year old school leavers with no prior PC experience. They will for that reason never be allowed full administrative privileges, but obviously due to the nature of their work need some. Your product would basically give them all or none and increase the IT departments workload thousandfold.

The coders you have may be incapable of maintaining an IT infrastructure, but what you missed is that the software will FORCE an infrastructure on them. There is nothing you can do. What our software will do is give the select few people in the organization the ability to be GOD over the machines, because they have access to ImmuneEngine. Every other Admin, who does not have this trust, simply can't screw with the machine, and if they tried the GOD Admins will know the very moment they do. See, what it sounds like to me right now, ALL of your coders and Admins are GOD over the machines. If you are truly concerned about the inside threat, then you would not bestow such a delegation to everyone. If you have no worries about the Inside threat as other gov. agencies do, then this software is not for you.

Don't get me wrong - if you can make this work relatively easily for companies great. I'm just wondering how much of an impact it will have on the home computer market. Until you can make the software usable for the common person, you'll be stuck with large corporations as your market base. Until then, anti-virus won't be obsolete... ;)

True indeed. This why we have different flavors of the software. Within the network version of the software, we break it into two categories. Poweruser, and Lock Down. The PowerUser has the ability to install and have control over ImmuneEngine. He will get alerts on his own desktop, as well as the Admins desktop. Lock Down version is the one I have been describing all along. However, we also have a Home version. It does not Lock Down your system the way the network version does. However, it will be updated soon with some of the new features of the network version, such as the policy dispatch(ability to scan every executable before it passes to the kernal), things like securing the cmd.exe....etc.. I have the Home ver. running on my PC at home. Honestly, even though it has the binary search engine in it, with everything we are doing for the network version, we feel it's outdated. That's how far our technology is over traditional AV. We are probably not going to put EVERYTHING we are capable of controlling into the Home ver., but would you want someone gaining Route to your computer by linking remotely and establishing a session of cmd.exe on your home computer.

In the Home ver. you are your own admin. You stop the Admin privileges on the home ver., and it shuts down regedit, services,....etc. Just your TYPICAL admin tools. Then if you need access to it, you just access your ImmE console and tell it to allow you to get to it. Very rare does Joe Schmo need to access his registry to remove/add a key. If you have a USB device you want to access, tell your ImmE to allow your Admin privileges, and now you can plug in your USB. But would you want anyone else walking up to your machine while you are away and putting something on it? No, so you tell your ImmE to stop the privileges, and now no one has the ability to stick in the USB device. Now, before you ask, if I have privileges turned ON so I can plug up the USB device, because of the binary search engine, I still can not copy a payload into the system. I can only view the device, and read what's on the device. I can open text files, documents, .pdf's, etc...from the device. But no executables will be allowed onto the machine by simple nature of the binary search engine.

well, it sounds so nice, but it's totally worthless info to me if I can't put it on a test machine

so, get your company model updated along with your website and start marketing it.

because if it's worth having, it's worth marketing.

if not, then it's all hot air, go fly a ballon

This concept is hard to grasp even for people who have P.H.D's in computers.

Did you just say you were in I.T.? So you have have a diploma of some sort? A 2 month training class at most (probably from the same company you are working for:P). How do you understand this stuff :P.

n00b !

]Bonkers[

PS. Admins, don't delete, this is entertaining!

Bonkers[,Jun 29 2005, 08:27 PM]
This concept is hard to grasp even for people who have P.H.D's in computers.

Did you just say you were in I.T.? So you have have a diploma of some sort? A 2 month training class at most (probably from the same company you are working for:P). How do you understand this stuff :P.

n00b !

]Bonkers[

PS. Admins, don't delete, this is entertaining!

If you are set in your ways, like people are with their P.H.D's in computer science, and don't have an open mind as some of you on this thread, it has been somewhat difficult for them to comprehend, and they just don't get it. They don't comprehend how this software can control the the OS like it does. Please, don't insult me. I wish to remain as professional as I can, so don't jump to a conclusion that I'm a noob.

Just to iterate for you, yes I do have a degree. But I don't have a P.H.D, therefore I don't have a mind set on "This is the only way to program". Not saying all P.H.D's do, just saying that they are the MOST skeptical ones, because they have been told for numerous years that "This is the only way to program." That's the problem with a lot of computer techies. They are so use to seeing something done a certain way, that if something new were to come along, that would mean they would have to scrap their whole concept of what is possible and not possible in the Microsoft arena.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

Hello guys and if any gals are on this forum.  But this is my first post, I usually don't tread over to the tech forums, just mostly read tech news.  However, I have done a few searches on here to see what AV software you guys used, and what you liked.  Well,  I didn't want to revive an old forum so I just made my own.  All the AV software that you did polls on are obsolete.  If you want to know what is the best security product on the market, it's not available for public use.  The software that makes AV obsolete is called ImmuneEngine created by BBX Technologies.  Just a few features that make AV software seem like childs play.

1) No signatures required.  No database is created of know viruses.  It contains the first ever binary search engine.  Designed to pick up any executable, be it desguised or un-desguised, known or un-known.

2) It has an automatically deployed authentication defense thread that analyzes every executable on the system.  If not originally apart of the computers matrix, then that executable will not run at all.  It will intercept every executable before it is passed to the kernal.  Then the binary search engine will sweep and eradicate it(not quarantine) from the computer.

3)  When installed, system idle process is an average of 95 to 98%.  Designed to be literally undetectable to system resources.

4)  Runs independently of the Microsoft OS.  Traditional AV relies on the OS to tell it something has happend.

5)  Protects from the inside threat.

6)  Because it does not use the System driver approach, it continues to provide protection in Safe Mode. 

This is the only software solution that will literally make you get out a screw driver to change the hardware of the box to break it.  It has been put up against "RED" teams of certain government agencies to be broken.  It has been in a line up test with the basic AV software in government test facilities and come out the winner by a landslide, just for the simple reason it has a binary search engine.  You guys have never seen this software, so I'm sure you all are skeptical about it.  But it does live.  Viruses are not designed to combat with such a system as this.  You have to turn off the software if you want to get a virus in.  And if you don't have access to it, then your not turning it off.  Nothing can do what this software can do.  And I've only described just the core stuff.  There are other little tid bits of security that it depolys that I have not explained, such as securing the cmd.exe program.  It's not in the public sector, so I figured that's the reason none of the polls have it mentioned.

Dude, you should seriously get a job as a door to door salesman or maybe a part time job in a comedy stand up act :P:hello::lol:

OMG... LMAO.... please... more... I want this thread to go on more...

Rhythmnsmoke... stop double/triple/quad posting all the time... i'm no mod or anything... but geez...

To me it looks like you've failed to promote this "thing" and your digging a hole deeper for yourself...

Actually no... just stop it all together... i don't want more... i feel sorry for you... I really do