Anti-Virus to become obsolete.

Oh my god that is funny, he useing us, needs someone that knows something but

not to much to practice on.................what a laugher...........

BD

I was the only one who watched his presentation and I do not feel used in the slightest. He gave a very interesting presentation and even called me long distance to do it. While I do not claim to understand all of the implications of deploying this software in a live enviornment, the code was very impressive and appeared to function just as he claims it does. Whether or not it is truly viable solution can only be determined by actually trying it, but to overwork the car metaphor "just because Chevy won't let me drive their concept cars doesn't mean I don't like to look at them."

As for using us (me), where else would one go to try out a presentation on new software? moms? Joes bar?. This is tech forum supposedly inhabited by geeks, and you obviously weren't forced into it because you weren't there. Same goes for you mr. mad redface.

i dont see whats so special about this software. from what ive gathered it simply blocks every executable, that isnt in some kind of "allow list"

and only certain people have the right to extend that list.

im sure its a bit more complicated but i guess thats what it comes down to.

im not certain but i think ive already read about that kind of software ... i think thats something similar: http://www.sharewareriver.com/product.php?id=2261

Quite an interresting tread.

I have to agree with most of you, if we can't test drive it, how will we know if the motor runs or it's just being towed?

Your live demo thingy..hmm.. You run the software and feed it with vira? And then what? You decide what's going into it and for all we know it could as well just be a slideshow!

Hehe "dman" you say he sounded like "the real thing" I have heard some salesmen in my time and it's pretty easy to give the impression of knowing stuff and be proffesional, especially on the phone!

Is it just me or have I heard this blocks executables before. Sounds like a firewall to me!?

Eh I might be a n00b, dumb, ignorant, lamo or what have you. But I'm just not buying this "not, but still, sales act, just for practise, no trial version, but it's real, only to biggies, you're not worthy, finished but soon to be released".

i dont see whats so special about this software. from what ive gathered it simply blocks every executable, that isnt in some kind of "allow list"

Wouldn't an "Allow list" be equivalent to keeping a database of things? We don't have a database of things "allowed". We don't keep a list. We don't have signatures. You don't make rules.

I'm not asking anyone to pay for seeing it. I'm not forcing you to see it. I don't demand that you do. It's your choice. But to just say you won't even look at if for FREE is very odd. That's like me saying I will give you a chance to see your favorite female actress naked behind a glass wall for FREE! And you turn around and say no, because I can't touch her.

Quite an interresting tread.

I have to agree with most of you, if we can't test drive it, how will we know if the motor runs or it's just being towed?

Your live demo thingy..hmm.. You run the software and feed it with vira? And then what? You decide what's going into it and for all we know it could as well just be a slideshow!

Let me guess, I must have had a timer, to tell me when to pause my speach so it would coincide with the mouse cursor movement. Live meeting also has a built in chat box to which I was using that to communicate when they first signed in, before I called them long distance. Let me guess, the slideshow must have the ability to write and respond to the person by itself.

I'm in IT, not sales. Why would I try to sell you something you can't buy yet. Something I can't give you a price on. Wouldn't it be a waste of time. A sales pitch ultimate goal is to get you to buy the product in the end. My demo is to get you knowledge of the next level of security, nothing more. No one is forcing you to go buy it, I'm showing it to you on my own time, so what's the harm done?

Is it just me or have I heard this blocks executables before. Sounds like a firewall to me!?

Man, I've never heard of a firewall that stops executables after they were copied on the drive, launched from external media, or moved from other areas of the OS before. Obviously it's not a firewall.

Eh I might be a n00b, dumb, ignorant, lamo or what have you. But I'm just not buying this "not, but still, sales act, just for practise, no trial version, but it's real, only to biggies, you're not worthy, finished but soon to be released".

Exactly what have you lost in watching the live demo? Nothing. I'm not placing you under any type of contract that says you have to buy it later. So, what are you afraid of?

Here is the bottom line you guys are not seeing. YOU DON'T LOSE ANYTHING BY WATCHING ME DEMONSTRATE IT. Why are you so afraid of watching it? I am not making it up. I have other people on this very board backing me up, I have unbiased 3rd party articles backing me up. These are factual statements by professionals. The opportunity has presented itself to you to actually see it at no hassle to you, and you don't take the offer. Guess you guys must not be the "Seize the Opportunity" type people.

oh, and for your information, I would seize the moment if I could actually seize it.

but all you let me me seeize is a demo

I saw the demo on Win98 from Bill Gates, but that didn't let me try it, only let me watch him muck it up :lol:

What have I gained by whatching the live demo? (if I had, that is)

I whatch you skate around with your mouse, start a program, and then what? How would I know if the program and/or vira are real (or just a recorded demo)

Live on a computer? yeah right like you can't program fake software that looks real acts real and support inputs? :P Doh!

Ok might not be a firewall, I'm no security software techie, just a plain geek who has a hard time seeing what you're trying to educate us here!?

If you are not interested in selling this product to casual users because we are low-life scum of the earth instead of mult-billion dollar COOs, what the hell are you here for? Practice? Am I the only one smelling horse s***?

For someone that is "not in sales", "not interested in home users", "unable to provide the software for testing", again, what the hell are you doing here? Why practice selling the product if you are not in sales. Exactly what is your role?