Anti-Virus to become obsolete.

Wouldn't an "Allow list" be equivalent to keeping a database of things? We don't have a database of things "allowed". We don't keep a list. We don't have signatures. You don't make rules.

how does your software then keep track of the things to allow and the programs to block?

or will the administrator be asked every time a program starts? it would help me if could you give me a finite state machine type of UML diagram . so i can understand it better.

oh, and for your information, I would seize the moment if I could actually seize it.

but all you let me me seeize is a demo

I saw the demo on Win98 from Bill Gates, but that didn't let me try it, only let me watch him muck it up :lol:

Did you see the Demo of Win98 on your TV, or were you actually there? Live Meeting is more like you actually being there.

Logic: You dissing the software without actually seeing it (because you can't have a freebie) is the equivalent as you telling someone, "Yeah, that book sucked and I don't believe the guy who reads it everyday that it had a picture of Hallie Barry doing a headstand in it . However, he offered to show me the page where it was, but I didn't want to look at it. But that dosen't matter, because I wasn't allowed to take the book home with me, even though he offered to show to me where in the book exactly the picture was".

Sounds ridiculous in a different context dosen't it.

so, how does it compare to fortres software?

Why don't you watch the live meeting demonstration and answer the question for yourself. I'm sure you will see a whole different animal. But from what the little bit I've read on fortres so far, it sounds more like a Windows configuration software.

For starters, does fortres still provide the level of lockdown protection despite whether you are logged in as a User or Admin?

Also does fortres protect you from remote hacking attacks?

Also, will fortres stop you from the code "del c: /s /q /f" like someone asked in the previous post?

If you can answer these starter questions for me, that would be great, cause I'm not all to familar with that software in particular. Also, if you could download fortres and do one distinct test for me. That test is this:

1) Install the fortres software. (If you want, you can also try this with any other software solution that you already have).

2) Configure it to the tightest level that you can

3) Now take an existing Script file that already comes in windows, and edit that file to do something else (like open the registry or something like that).

4) Now, save it under the same name. And run it

Let me know if fortres (or your already existing AV software) software stopped it from execution.

One thing I do know is this. Everytime someone sees our software in action, we always ask the question, "Have you seen any or do you know of any software that can do what we just did?" The answer is always "NO". So, just watch me go through the paces and you judge for yourself.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

What have I gained by whatching the live demo? (if I had, that is)

I whatch you skate around with your mouse, start a program, and then what? How would I know if the program and/or vira are real (or just a recorded demo)

Live on a computer? yeah right like you can't program fake software that looks real acts real and support inputs? :P Doh!

Read the description of Live Meeting

Ok might not be a firewall, I'm no security software techie, just a plain geek who has a hard time seeing what you're trying to educate us here!?

4 words..."Come To The Meeting".

this is starting to sound like a Democratic National Convention :lol:

Just believe me, All I say is true, and I have a plan that will work, just trust me.

Is rhythmnsmoke just Al Gore blowing smoke with a rythm? Is this your new gig, Al?

If you are not interested in selling this product to casual users because we are low-life scum of the earth instead of mult-billion dollar COOs, what the hell are you here for?  Practice?  Am I the only one smelling horse s***?

For someone that is "not in sales", "not interested in home users", "unable to provide the software for testing", again, what the hell are you doing here?  Why practice selling the product if you are not in sales.  Exactly what is your role?

Not practicing selling. I practice my presentation of the software. I don't make a sales pitch. And yes, you can demo something without it being a sales pitch. For example:

I'm your next door neighbor and I work for Dodge. I get to drive the new 700hp Viper that only a few people on the block have heard about. I drive around the companies new 700hp Viper (also there is a less beeffier 500hp ver. for those daily commuters, but the focus is on the new 700hp ver. right now), cause I want practice shifting gears, and stop by your house.

I tell you how so much faster it is over your Corvette.

I say, "Do you want to go for a ride?"

I take you for a spin, and whip you at break neck speeds. But I don't tell you "Hey go trade in your Vette and get you a Viper".

Would you consider that a sales pitch, or a demonstration? Because pretty much what it boils down to. However, some of you are so egotistical that you say "Your 700hp Viper is no where near faster than my 400hp Vette, and no I don't want to go for a ride for you to prove it to me, because you won't let me take the car home overnight".

Sounds a little bit ridiculous. And frankly, that's a stupid reason to claim it's not faster than the Vette. Let's just say hypothetically I was to start passing out free copies like the world was going to end tomorrow. And I walk you through the installation. I don't think you would then play with it a couple of days and then turn around and uninstall it and mail the disk back to me. No, I wouldn't see it ever again. You just scored yourself a free copy of ImmuneEngine.

this is starting to sound like a Democratic National Convention :lol:

Just believe me, All I say is true, and I have a plan that will work, just trust me.

Is rhythmnsmoke just Al Gore blowing smoke with a rythm? Is this your new gig, Al?

Not even close to the topic at hand. Anyway, I have a couple more people who have been following this thread from this site. They will attend my next meeting. So, when they come back and post on here after the presentation that it did what I say it does, maybe you will have second thoughts.

With each demo I do, your mountain of disbelief will shrink more and more. One person vouched for me, and you discredited him as well. When the other two come on and vouch for me after my next demo, there will be four you will have to discredit. How many people is it going to take for you to stop discrediting everyone that vouch for me, before you actually go see what the buzz is about for yourself. 10, 20, 30....actually just how big is your skeptisim?

Just for the record, a brief description of Microsoft Live Meeting, which is the product I use to allow you to see my desktop.

Live Meeting gives you the power to work together with colleagues, customers, and suppliers, no matter where you are. For online meetings, training, and events, Live Meeting is the effective meeting solution that enables you to collaborate with groups of three or even thousands—without leaving your desk. With meeting attendees participating from their PCs, you can kick off a project, brainstorm ideas, edit files, collaborate on whiteboards, and negotiate deals at a fraction of the cost and hassle of travel.

Link to Microsoft Live Meeting

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

Why do people like ^_^ just can't shut up if they don't like it or believe it?!"??? Go play in your room, drink your little after noon juice, take a nap and let grown ups have a break! It's not because someone gives out free demo, or talks about something, that his software is great or he is making sales pitch. Heck you are just here to insult him, being disrespectful and just plain not understanding, cause you don't want to do the little effort to understand, to go aroung your heavy walls and say HEY, IMAGINE it could work? I don't say Let's believe rythmnsmoke because he says so and got a livemeeting to prove it. Doubt it a good thing in life, being skeptikal is not bad at all. If you really want to see it to believe it, then simply DON'T FORM AN OPINION, wheter it's good or bad, cause you don't have much proofs on any side. It seems bul*****, but can you prove it is? No cause you haven't tried it so stop saying that kind of BS yourself!!!!!! I prefer to say that this is an interessant idea, I believe (note here its the word BELIEVE not KNOW). I believe that it would be great for it to work. I haven't seen it yet. A live demo would be a bit convincing but not as much as trying out myself. And I think this is the biggest problem here, people want soo much to try it themselves they just can't trust a bit of info coming from the exterior. And what if you had a free copy, installed it wrong and reported it didn't work? Would that be trustable info based on the fact YOU the GREAT AND OH SO POWERFULL YOU, tried it? Come on! So yeah it's good to be skeptical here, not a dumb follower, but you are not posting here for that, your doubt was expressed a long time ago, all you want to do here is b***h and ditch the poor guy just because he doesnt give you all you want, like crybabies. If I was admin here, a lot of you would have got a kick in their a** by PM. Especially you ^_^but not only you. You expressively said you where posting here just to make fun of him, just to cause trouble. This is immature and not worthy of this forum.

And the only sale pitch I saw, the only real advertisement I saw, was by all those idiots coming here just to say that their way is the best, and making sure we all know they use nod32. This is what I saw here, a good idea, a lot of dumbasses who would prefer put their heads in their butts before making a tiny room for a bit of believing under certain conditions, namely having a bit of imagination... And the only publicity that worked here, is the ones for nod32... so all of you guys who don't have real questions because you really want to understand (like that guy asking for a certain type of graphic so he could see in his way what the concept his to better understand it), well find yourself a life and leave this place for once. You are the ones troubling the conversation here. And you don't even bring anything new with you.

Oh, by the way, I looked at the bullet points describing some of Fortres key features and here is what I thought.

- Restrict unwanted computer use; users cannot change desktop, file, and Registry settings Configuration, not security

- Lock and hide files; block users from browsing the hard drive How do you find your word documents after you have saved them, and what happens if I save stuff to the desktop

- Prevent downloads and software installations, including Spyware and Adware Not everything malicious has to be installed. (including spyware and adware) Sounds like it monitors network traffic. ImmuneEngine is pure host based

- Secure files; Restrict access to any file, folder, or file type Correct me if I'm wrong, but dosen't Windows already do that? Why would you do something Windows already has built in to do?

- Block specific applications from running Again, configuration not security. If you had everything on the machine you ever wanted ever to run, and nothing more, and then installed ImmuneEngine, you will not get a new program that you needed to prevent from running, because it wouldn't be on the machine anyway.

- Quick to disable and reactivate security; no need to reboot the computer That's usually a must have for networks and compaines

- Supports and secures third-party Internet filtering What does that actually mean for security? Sounds like they are saying they secure the firewall (which already secures network traffic). We concentrate on the host itself, not monitoring network channels, that's what a firewall is for. However, as we have always seen time and time again, firewalls get tricked, and stuff still gets through. All the more to focus on the actual host itself.

-Allows access to only specified Web sites Configuration again. Correct me if I'm wrong here also, but can't you already do that with browser settings and a registry modify to have IE configuration settings grayed out so you can't change it? Why would you buy a product that did the same as something that already came with the system? The only security that provides is to stop people from looking at maybe in appropriate material at work. But then that would be more along the lines of preventing policy violation, and not an actual security feature when it comes to someone trying to hack the machine. We don't focus our technology in that way, but you could do the same in a round about/different approach to it. With ImmuneEngine, you can send a signal to the machine to look for key words, such as sexy, nasty, dirty. And you can modify it or add any keyword you wanted. So, if in the event that I was to open notepad, and just type the word "sexy" into it, you would see a big grey screen pop up and give you a "Policy Violation Warning", and then it in real time send an alert to the Admin console, displaying the Machine it was done on, the user logged in at the time, exact time the violation occured, what application was open, and display that you typed the word "sexy" into notepad. Notepad is an example..this goes for EVERY thing I can type the word "sexy" into, like your browser (any browser that is, not just IE) This can be done all just by pushing a button to tell ImmuneEngine that word to look for. No registry hack has to be done, no listing of web address I have to create...etc.

Why do people like ^_^ just can't shut up if they don't like it or believe it?!"???  Go play in your room, drink your little after noon juice, take a nap and let grown ups have a break!   It's not because someone gives out free demo, or talks about something, that his software is great or he is making sales pitch.  Heck you are just here to insult him, being disrespectful and just plain not understanding, cause you don't want to do the little effort to understand, to go aroung your heavy walls and say HEY, IMAGINE it could work?  I don't say Let's believe rythmnsmoke because he says so and got a livemeeting to prove it.  Doubt it a good thing in life, being skeptikal is not bad at all.  If you really want to see it to believe it, then simply DON'T FORM AN OPINION, wheter it's good or bad, cause you don't have much proofs on any side.  It seems bul*****, but can you prove it is?  No cause you haven't tried it so stop saying that kind of BS yourself!!!!!!  I prefer to say that this is an interessant idea, I believe (note here its the word BELIEVE not KNOW).  I believe that it would be great for it to work.  I haven't seen it yet.  A live demo would be a bit convincing but not as much as trying out myself.  And I think this is the biggest problem here, people want soo much to try it themselves they just can't trust a bit of info coming from the exterior.  And what if you had a free copy, installed it wrong and reported it didn't work?  Would that be trustable info based on the fact YOU the GREAT AND OH SO POWERFULL YOU, tried it?  Come on!  So yeah it's good to be skeptical here, not a dumb follower, but you are not posting here for that, your doubt was expressed a long time ago, all you want to do here is b***h and ditch the poor guy just because he doesnt give you all you want, like crybabies.   If I was admin here, a lot of you would have got a kick in their a** by PM.  Especially you ^_^but not only you.  You expressively said you where posting here just to make fun of him, just to cause trouble.  This is immature and not worthy of this forum.

And the only sale pitch I saw, the only real advertisement I saw, was by all those idiots coming here just to say that their way is the best, and making sure we all know they use nod32.  This is what I saw here, a good idea, a lot of dumbasses who would prefer put their heads in their butts before making a tiny room for a bit of believing under certain conditions, namely having a bit of imagination...  And the only publicity that worked here, is the ones for nod32... so all of you guys who don't have real questions because you really want to understand (like that guy asking for a certain type of graphic so he could see in his way what the concept his to better understand it), well find yourself a life and leave this place for once.  You are the ones troubling the conversation here.  And you don't even bring anything new with you.

You know, I couldn't have said that any better myself. Well said sir, well said. I haven't forgotten about given you a demo Thauzar. So, I will keep you posted on the time of my next meeting. Oh by the way, I can't remember whoever it was that said the graphic didn't look professional, and like crap....Here is the logic for you behind why such a limited graphic was used.

Graphics with great degrees of color and animation = higher consumption of computer resources. ImmuneEngine is designed to run lean. With level and degree of protection we provide over the machine, it's truly amazing that we consume less memory space to operate than one session of Microsoft Word. If you have Microsoft Word open, and are looking at the task manager, you might see Words memory consumption upwards of 90,000+ kb. ImmuneEngine running is not even half that size.

Edited by rhythmnsmoke

I just got through scrolling the testimonials from the Fortres website of people saying how good it is. Here is my question:

What is better, 10, 20 of your next door neighbors telling you that Fortres is the best they have seen, or 3 security IT professionals from 3 different major corporations telling you No..no..no..ImmuneEngine is the best?

Because everyone on their testomonial list were the average JOE from around the block.

This is a bad argument cause most of the stupid people will answer "go for the neighbours". And the paranoïds and skeptical ones will say hey I don't know personnaly those IT, I never invited them to dinner, I bet they are BS and are in facts robots from another planet, IF they ever really existed. And everyone will believe the average Joes :whistle: (I'm sarcastic here)

I wouldn't go with either, I would download the shareware and test myself :P

Hey here's an idea, how about letting some hackers attack your program?

Just a suggestion as opposed to your Live meeting wich I still think is crap.

Ahh well since this has turned out to be a I'm right your wrong thing I'm leaving. Was hoping for something usable though ahh well guess I'll be back when it's actually available.

Btw what is it with Joe and Bob? Where's the rest of the gang? And where's Yasir or Wang or the other regular guys from the neighborhood? Why not simply call them avarage guys (or girls) why do you have to use names?

Ahh who cares...

I just got through scrolling the testimonials from the Fortres website of people saying how good it is.  Here is my question:

What is better, 10, 20 of your next door neighbors telling you that Fortres is the best they have seen, or 3 security IT professionals from 3 different major corporations telling you No..no..no..ImmuneEngine is the best?

Because everyone on their testomonial list were the average JOE from around the block.

so 20 or 30 people who attend your live meeting are credible, but that many of my neighbors saying Fortres is good isn't credible?

It's all a matter of opinion, your opinion is that yours is the best.

It may well be, I'll allow that, as I have in this thread.

The reason I'm skeptical is there is NOT a huge buzz going around IT departments about this softare, maybe a tiny peep here and there.

just because 3 major companies have reps that say it's the best doesn't prove a thing.

I think, sir, that you are trying to create a buzz.

I do hope you are right, but I think what your are doing has been tried before (8 years ago or so) and that failed, so I think my skeptiscism is warranted.

And no, I'm not simply here to bust chops, however, all I'm seeing is a smokescreen so far, I hope to see a real deal in the future