GAIM vs TRILLIAN

Ctwizzy

i have been using trillan lately & will be trying out gaim. i download v3.0 only have the msn & yahoo plugins loading, so far so good, i tried it when they first came out & trillan has come along way, hope gaim holds up as well...........

I stick with my MSN & YIM Pointless having one msger for all

:blink: Are you ok? Some people would say anyone's crazy to run each seperate messenger for each protocol they use. I certainly wouldn't want to use MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, IRC all seperately. I'd rather combine them easily and save my PC the mess.

Are you ok? Some people would say anyone's crazy to run each seperate messenger for each protocol they use. I certainly wouldn't want to use MSN, ICQ, Yahoo, IRC all seperately. I'd rather combine them easily and save my PC the mess.

Yes But i hardly use YIM as much as i use to i only use it for when msn is down or summat like that and always use Msn so i dont really see the need in using a IM that uses all in one

• 2 weeks later...

hello dont mean to revive this thread but i have a few questions...

will the audio/video from Yahoo! and MSN work in Trillian (or trillian pro) ? how about Gaim?

also what about accessing the chat from Yahoo! will it work in Trillian (or pro)? Gaim?

and finally i also have Yahoo! Japan messenger, will it work in Trillian (or pro)? i read that it works on Gaim, but what about Trillian

thanks for the reply in advance guys!

• 4 weeks later...

sup guys, just thought i would add my voice to this post.

I have been using gaim for a while now, It is an excellent multi-messaging program. However what i think it lacks would be full support for the various protocols that it uses. For example. MSN uses the personal message function now, i find this to be somethign great and would like to see it implemented in future versions.

GAIM vs Trillian and Miranda

GAIM feels soo much more faster and responsive than trillian on my pc, it takes less ram. VS miranda it feels much more like a full featured app (miranda by no means is incomplete i just think it needs a bit more work.) Its more stable than miranda and has a lot of the features that miranda uses plugins for readily available.

However the program it self lacks some good plugins.

I can only say taht its a great replacement for msn, yahoo messenger.

Sunil

GAIM Rocks

Tabbed conversations ,

almost 7 protocols,

Faster

Resourceful

Works on multiplatform (Trilian Doesn't work in WIN 2003)& also in linux

Stability : rock stable especialy on Linux

Most important : Open Source . I see the code , it is Free (not just 0$ price but free to give & flexible)..so:

NO spyware

NO Regestration

What else should I dream of?

GAIM GAIM GAIM IS the Best..

I'll stick to my old 2.* version of Trillian.

The newer 3 series really bugs me out with that mandatory flash install..(not mandatory really but that nag really p***es me off, I just hate when they are pushing stuff in like that..)

Also with a different loader I can run it self contained, just copy up that folder and a shortcut and I have all my settings there and just fire up....from a USB memory or whatever. :thumbup

been running gaim for the last 2 month and i must say i'm really satisfied.

my 3 accounts running at the same time with min memory used (10mb). i don't mind winks, custom smileys or other bloat, for default functionalities plus some advanced features is the best :)

Use trillian 3.1 pro. Its kinda slow to startup but it is zippy when its running. Kind of bloaty though especially whren a lot of plugins are loaded up. But I can load into AIM, ICQ, MSN, YAHOO, RENDEZVOUS, JABBER and more all at once.

btw Gaim can also be installed silently.

http://gaim.sourceforge.net/win32/index.php#wingtk

Unattended Installations

As of 0.73, unattended installations are possible. Simply do the following:

gaim-1.3.1.exe /L=1033 /S /D=C:\Gaim

Make sure to leave the /D flag for last. The /L flag sets the language (Windows LCID) used by the uninstaller, as well as Gaim itself. You may omit both the /L and /D flags and use the defaults which are 1033 (English) and C:\Program Files\Gaim respectively.

• 5 months later...