Nero Source Stripper And Custom Install Builder

`Felix`

:: copy all the applications to the right target locations
cls
echo.
echo  Copying Program files to target locations...
xcopy "program files\ahead" "%programfiles%\ahead\" /E /Q /Y >NUL 2>&1
xcopy "program files\common files" "%commonprogramfiles%\" /E /Q /Y >NUL 2>&1
xcopy "windows" "%windir%\" /E /Q /Y >NUL 2>&1

I suggest to change this section like above, for people like me, whose 'common files' folder is not named 'common files'.

I am just trying to get it running in "nero de luxe mode". But I have downlaoded the file already 3 times, and still I am getting an error on creating the custom build. Is it possible that the file NERO_deluxe-rar is indeed corupt?

D@RKNeSS

I AM Stupid But as I was typing this mesage I saw I had to put a - between deluxe and rar. I had an DOT typed.

But again an problem. It's starting to build the custom installer now. Until it reaches (hope I am using the right word) 95% and it stops.

D@RKNeSS

there are some things that need to be fixed.

"common files" folder is not named "common files" on every each system (language dependant). you should consider adding the possibility to set the name of "common files" in your script's options. same goes for "start menu" (for sure it's the main problem for those who have problem with shortcuts creation).

some shortcuts aren't created (those who are in a subfolder, nero toolkit's ones, for example). this happens because their subfolder is not previously created.

great job anyway :w00t:

edit: oops, had not read what digitalfrost had said. but that doesn't make what i said irrelevant (especially about "start menu").

Hi guys

I install full Nero 6.6.0.8 on my system then copy folders and files that needed to my unattended XP installation, so on the new install system Nero are simply copy to hardrive. The result is I can burn DVDs, CDs just as normal (I am using this method for about 2 months without problems, I applied Force ASPI 1.7 as well). But the only thing I am wondering is when I use NeroInfoTool to check my ASPI driver, it says Nero ASPI doesnot install, is there any way to get around this? What .dll file is for Nero ASPI? Is it so important, but I did not see any problem with burning without it!!

Thanks.

i have a little problem which i could not figure out why. The installer doesn't create shortcut for the Nero Toolkits. However they were copied over. And i look at Post Config it seems nothing wrong with it. As it manage to create Nero and Nero Express Shortcut.

:blushing:

Just my little tupenny worth, but after a very brief visit on a french forum I found out that all you have to is open the Nero install with winrar and modify the following in the archive comment....

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=setupx.exe /SFX /SILENT /SN=****-****-****-****-****-**** /WRITE_SN /NO_UI /NOCANCEL /NOREBOOT
TempMode
Silent=2
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.12 - Nero AG

same goes for the language installer as well

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Setup=Setup.exe /SFX /SILENT /NO_UI /NOCANCEL /NOREBOOT
TempMode
Silent=2
Overwrite=1
Title=Nero 6.6.0.12 French Language Installer

Which is the "better" method for Nero, Felix or Simonsays for a regular installation?

I know Felix's requires WinRAR to be installed, and Simonsays is just a SFX, im just curious?