Microsoft's AntiSpyware (Beta) Install

98EXL

With RunOnceEx this works for me:

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /VE /D "Installing Microsoft Anti-Spyware" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\Install\AntiSpyware\AntiSpyware.msi /quiet /qn" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 2 /D "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe /regserver" /f

Thanx r_e_endymion

With RunOnceEx this works for me:

REG ADD %KEY%\035 /V 2 /D "%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe /regserver" /f

Thanx r_e_endymion

I put exactly the same code on my RunOnceEx.cmd file and i receiver this error: "Windows cannot find 'C:\Program'. Make sure you typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the Start button, and then click Search.".

Microsoft AntiSpyware is installed in "Program Files" directory. What i'm doing wrong? :(

Thanks in advance.

You need to include the quotes correctly, thats why it looks fro C:\Programs

My code which works:

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "MicroSoft AntiSpyware Beta 1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Msanti\MsAnti.exe /s" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Msanti\MicrosoftAntiSpyware.msi /qb-! REBOOT=ReallySuppress" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 3 /D "\"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe\" /regserver" /f

The .exe is a self extracting archieve.

You need to include the quotes correctly, thats why it looks fro C:\Programs

My code which works:

REG ADD %KEY%\080 /VE /D "MicroSoft AntiSpyware Beta 1" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Msanti\MsAnti.exe /s" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 2 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\Msanti\MicrosoftAntiSpyware.msi /qb-! REBOOT=ReallySuppress" /f
REG ADD %KEY%\080 /V 3 /D "\"%ProgramFiles%\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe\" /regserver" /f

The .exe is a self extracting archieve.

It's working, thanks for your help! :D

Run the MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe and grab the following files from the temp folder.

0x0409.ini, _ISMSIDEL.INI, Microsoft AntiSpyware.msi, Setup.bmp, Setup.INI

I copied them to the C:\AntiSpyware folder.

Create an admin install.

msiexec /a "C:\AntiSpyware\Microsoft AntiSpyware.msi" TARGETDIR="C:\AntiSpywareAdmin" /q

To install open a command prompt and cd to the C:\AntiSpywareAdmin folder. Then use the following command.

msiexec.exe /i "Microsoft AntiSpyware.msi" REBOOT=REALLYSUPRESS /qr

This worked for me although in some cases I had to reboot the system after installing before it did. This also results in a large 18MB install but it can be compressed down to a 4.5MB executable file using 7zip.

I add each program to it's own file folder and I added this to the runonceex.cmd file. I do not extract this exe file either...it works as it is.

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /VE /D "Microsoft Anti-Spyware" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\040 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\Applications\MSAntiSpy\MSAntiSpyware.exe /v/qn" /f

As mentioned above there cannot be a space between the /v and /qn but the V is not case sensitive. Mine works everytime with the lowercase v. Copy and paste my code and edit it as needed and I am sure it will work.

Does someone have a REALLY working MS AntiSpyware set of files and matching RunOnceEx.cmd text?

I've tried all suggested here and extracted MSI files from the original EXE and I am beggining to wonder if we have different original EXE files cos it does NOT work silently!!!

This one halts my whole unatttended DVD and I hate the bugger!!! :unsure:

I just installed on a clean machine. Ran setup, then grabbed the .msi and other files found in local/temp and placed them in a new folder. Then ran the .msi with the /qb /norestart switches. Sure enough, the infamous 101 error appeared...but...then I ran the following from Start-->Run and all went well:

"%systemdrive%\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\gcasDtServ.exe" -Embedding

The program fired up nicely. So, first install using the .msi and standard Windows Installer switches, then run gcastDtServ.exe with the "-Embedding" switch and it should work. There's some scuttlebutt on the Web stating that the "embedding" command needs to be run at each restart, but I found that not to be the case. Everything is working fine after multiple reboots. Haven't integrated this into my disc yet but probably will.