Microsoft's AntiSpyware (Beta) Install

98EXL

• 4 months later...

i think most people's problem isn't with silently installing. it was to do with getting the blasted thing to work after we had run our unattended discs.

sorry to bump this thread, but i'm running through my UaDVD and just arrived at the same problem described earlier in here

I've basically studied this forum - can someone direct me on how I can deploy this thing... i want to use a GPO so

I'd like to:

have a .bat file that runs and places a flag like the one I've written here

@echo off
REM THIS FILE WRITTEN BY JPIERCE IN EFFORT TO AUTOMATE THE  DISTRIBUTION OF "Microsoft Anti-Spyware"

If exist "C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg" GOTO Nevermind

If not exist "C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg" GOTO INSTALL_MS_Anti_Spy

:INSTALL_MS_Anti_Spy

If exist "C:\Program Files\Microsoft AntiSpyware\GIANTAntiSpywareMain.exe" GOTO Nevermind

\\datacontrol\NETLOGON\GPO_Scripts\MSAntiSpy\MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe /S /V/qn

SET WriteToFile=C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg

ECHO %date% %time% >>%WriteToFile%

@echo Microsoft Anti-Spyware installed by the CFSI IT department.

GOTO End

:Nevermind

If exist "C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg" GOTO LOGSKIP

If not exist "C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg" GOTO LOGPLACE

:LOGPLACE

SET WriteToFile=C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg

ECHO %date% %time% >>%WriteToFile%

@echo Log file placed as C:\MS_Anti_Spy.flg

GOTO LOGSKIP

:LOGSKIP

@echo  Microsoft Anti-Spyware already installed.............

:End
pause
exit

I tried that autoit script - do i have to deploy that to my whole network to get tit to run?

1. are the silent switchs on the just not working for anyone??

2. what's the resolution here?

I tried that autoit script - do i have to deploy that to my whole network to get tit to run?

Thank you all for your assistance

Edited by Windstone

• 2 months later...
OK OK OK everyone stop complaining I made and compiled an auto-it script for this!!

make sure the downloaded package straight from MS is in the same folder as MSAInstall.exe and all is good!!!!!!

MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe is how the prog is named from ms and keep it that way.

This dont work for me (it hungs at the begin), if you have a newer version, please post it in the autoit complete installers thread which is sticked in application installs. if you dont, check the last post there.

Hey Solid

How are you? Listen I've been using that since he posted it and no problems, I like

watching the mouse move, ha ha............... PM me and I'll send you my au3 if you

want.................

BD B)

Hi BD :hello:

i am fine, you too? i am happy to see that i am not forgotten...

I have found another good working Au3, which is complete different from what K. have written. i was curious if he uses this or have rewritten it in the past.

if you are interested to watch the mine, check the sticked autoit thread in subforum "application installs"

Edit: i have retry the old installers way and remove the space between /v and /qn and i tested it on a pc which have MSAntispyware never been installed, it seems to works fine, i dont use the "%ProgramFiles%/Microsoft AntiSpyware/gcasDtServ.exe" /regserver"

line .

cmd1[pn]=['%CDROM%\\Install\\MS_AntiSpyware\\MicrosoftAntiSpywareInstall.exe /s /v/qn']

Edited by SolidasRock