HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

Why does this not work:

KB911562 -› Vulnerability in Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) function could allow code execution

REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB911562" > nul 2>&1

IF %ERRORLEVEL% EQU 0 (

ECHO is reeds aanwezig

) ELSE (

ECHO Bezig met installeren...

KB911562.exe /q /n /z

ECHO Installatie compleet.

)

Problem is: It works with al the other updates, but not that one. (I get to see the /help screen)

When I do it manually : KB911562.exe /q /n /z , It works without a problem. But not when I run it from a bath file :s

My .NET installer has nothing to do with my Update Pack. They're two seperate things.

But like I said before, you can always just manually integrate KB886903 into your .NET installer (not your XP install CD) if you're so worried about it.

Ryans version works fine ;)

Edited by muiz

Why does this not work:

KB911562 -› Vulnerability in Microsoft Data Access Components (MDAC) function could allow code execution

REG QUERY "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Updates\Windows XP\SP3\KB911562" > nul 2>&1

IF ERRORLEVEL 1 (

ECHO Bezig met installeren...

START /WAIT KB911562.exe /q /n /z

ECHO Installatie compleet.

) ELSE (

ECHO is reeds aanwezig

)

Problem is: It works with al the other updates, but not that one. (I get to see the /help screen)

When I do it manually : KB911562.exe /q /n /z , It works without a problem. But not when I run it from a bath file :s

And with these modifications ? (in bold)

Ya I noticed those too Hoffman. I'm having a hell of a time finding the integratible version of WGA. Anyone else have any luck?

Someone posted one here but I haven't tried doing it that way.

Instead I have another way that I have been getting WGA installed. If you follow that link and look at several posts before that, you'll see other info about how I was doing mine.

More updates???

New updates showed up today, both listed as High Priority.

KB900485 - Prevents a stop 0x7e error in AEC.SYS

KB905474 - WGA Notification Tool

Well, on doing a little more research, it looks like KB905474 was actually released on January 16th. However, it seems that as of today it is showing up as a high priority update.

Here is the link for information about KB905474 but I am not able to find a link for the full redistributable version yet, so if anyone else finds it, please post a link.

And here is the information link for KB900485 which shows a release date of April 25, and is available for download.

If you go to the microsoft download center, it's really easy. From WU, it's actually a hard process.

Just search for the download at the download center. For WU, you have to use the WU Catalog.

the_guy

I was just going to ask the same to the_guy.

So I goto the Microsoft Download Center and I search for KB905474. I get squat. Nothing, not one hit.

I do a search for WU as you suggested, not one hit. How exactly do you find these, Mr. one_guy, you guru of Microsoft Searches. Do I need to sacrifice a chicken or something?