HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

If I integrate all the hotfixes but later remove MP9 & MSN Messenger with nLite wil be there any problem. Does the hotfix for MP10 gets installed if I don't have MP10. I mean Can I integrate all the critical updates and make an updated ISO image and then use nLite to remove whatever I don't like.

@Incroyable HULK

Many thanks for that topic!

P.S. I think last date on the Update Log should be April 11 2006 and not March 11.

i think the KB911565 should be updated on the first page

my windows XP sp2 update shows that and when i went to microsoft homepage i have found a new one a v2 version of that file the WindowsMedia10-KB911565-v2-x86-ENU.exe

it has even a new release date Date Published: 4/11/2006

Well anyone can verify and confirm

Thanx

Edited by TheCrowX

New updates for Windows 2000 released on Tuesday, April 11, 2006.

ADDED:

KB911567 -- Cumulative Security Update for Outlook Express

Download

KB908531 -- Vulnerability in Windows Explorer that could allow remote code execution

Download

KB912812 -- Cumulative Security Update for Internet Explorer

Replaces KB905915

[http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=033c41e1-2b36-4696-987a-099fc57e0129&DisplayLang=en]Download

KB911562 -- Vulnerability in MDAC that could allow remote code execution

Download-2.5sp3

Download-2.7sp1

Download-2.8

Download-2.8sp1

KB890830 -- Updated Malicious Software Removal Tool - Version 1.15 (April 2006)

Download

REMOVED:

KB905915 -- Superceded by KB912812

KB823353 -- Superceded by KB911567

KB897715 -- Superceded by KB911567

If I integrate all the hotfixes but later remove MP9 & MSN Messenger with nLite wil be there any problem. Does the hotfix for MP10 gets installed if I don't have MP10. I mean Can I integrate all the critical updates and make an updated ISO image and then use nLite to remove whatever I don't like.

@Incroyable HULK

Many thanks for that topic!

P.S. I think last date on the Update Log should be April 11 2006 and not March 11.

I haven’t noticed any problems when I have integrated all the hotfixes and after it removed WMP9, MSN and Outlook Express.

my windows XP sp2 update shows that and when i went to microsoft homepage i have found a new one a v2 version of that file the WindowsMedia10-KB911565-v2-x86-ENU.exe

Thanx

You are correct. See my update post for updated information. Hopefully Incroyable Hulk will have the front page updated shortly.

Already done! Check the front page.

This post has been edited by Incroyable HULK: Apr 13 2006, 07:00 AM

Thanx

You are correct. See my update post for updated information. Hopefully Incroyable Hulk will have the front page updated shortly.

Anyone have problems with Media Player 10? After I added the new updates, my Unattended CD now has a pop up window at T13 warning me that System Restore is turned off and to cancel my Media Player 10 install until I turn System Restore back on.

I am installing Media Player 10 in SVCPack.

Any suggestions? Should I move it to RunOnce?

I'm having some issues with Windows Media Player 10 and KB911565 installing via svcpack.inf.

After install, KB911565 shows up in add/remove programs, but WU says it is not installed and wmp.dll is the old version 10.00.00.3802.

Anyone with the same problem, and possibly a solution?

Noone that have the same problem with KB911565? Anyone managed to succesfully install both WMP10 and KB911565 through svcpack.inf, without using RunOnceEx?

I am installing Windows Media Player 10 in svcpack.inf successfully until this month's updates were released.

I had a similar problem with KB911565 and I had to install that in RunOnceEx, but I never had a problem with Windows Update. It always reported it as installed.

I guess I have to move Media Player 10 into RunOnceEx

MS WINDOWS XP PRO SP2 - (43)

WITH Windows Media Player 10 & MSN Messenger 7 installed

will I have problems if i integrate all the MP10 hotfix say using nlite even if i didn't have MP10 installed or integrated first?

Hi Guys,

i just integrated all Post SP2 Hotfixes with NLite. Is there a way to see what hotfixes are installed in my XP Pro when i install XP with that Nlite CD?

I can just see a few hotfixes, not all... even with [hotfix.exe] /l i only get a few hotfixes listed.

After i install them from my hotfix CD they are all there.

I just want to be sure that all hotfixes are installed without using the Windows Update Tool.

Cheers

Sorry if this has been asked before but there are 80 some odd pages and I really don't have the engery to search through each one just for this which I have no clue how to keyword search it.

I know that with the plan white icon the switches are /Q /O /N /Z

And with the other icon the switches are /Q:A /R:N which as annoying as hell there they are 2 different ones

What about if the icon is this?

icon8yk.jpg