HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

@ the_guy ; another problem is that i am unable to install KB913433 with /q /n /z, got error "Command Line Option Syntax error. Type Comand /? for help."

changed my batch file command to this switch and installed ok /q ??? :thumbup

Edited by ner

@ the_guy ; another problem is that i am unable to install KB913433 with /q /n /z, got error "Command Line Option Syntax error. Type Comand /? for help."

changed my batch file command to this switch and installed ok /q ??? :thumbup

Hi ner,

i use the Switches /Q:A /R:N for this Patch.

You must not install KB913433, if You have install the Player 8.0.24.0 (use the same Switches)

@ ari

Thanks for the information, I have versions flash 7.0.19 and shockwave 10.01.0.11 and is just using the /q switch ok or do i need to use your suggested switch? :huh:

Edited by ner

@ ari

Thanks for the information, I have versions flash 7.0.19 and shockwave 10.01.0.11 and is just using the /q switch ok or do i need to use your suggested switch? :huh:

I think you must update to Flash Player Version 8.0.24.0. Macromedia has the same Security Problem with your Flash player. Macromedia has fixed this Problem in March 2006.

See here for Direct Download and here for Versionscheck

KB913433 from MS fix only the Flash Player Vers. 6.xxx. This Version is intergrated in WinXP SP2.

I have install the Flash Player 8.0.24.0 with the Switch /Q:A /R:N and have not Problems

Edited by ari

@ ari

Thanks for your help you are very kind, so if i install version 8 (your link using your suggested switchs) i do not need to install the KB913433 as this updated version has it included.

Thanks again :thumbup

Edited by ner

@ ari

Thanks for your help you are very kind, so if i install version 8 (your link using your suggested switchs) i do not need to install the KB913433 as this updated version has it included.

Thanks again :thumbup

Yes, the MS Win Update Site and MS Tool MS BSA detect the Flash Player 8.

Both Patches replace the File Flash.ocx. Because of this the Macromedia Flash Player Flash.ocx is the newer Version :)

Hi the_guy,

that is correct.

But if one installs the old Script Host 5.6 (Build 5.6.0.8825) after KB917344, the new is overwritten jscript.dll by the old jscript.dll.

So that that does not happen, one would have to keep the installation sequence in svcpack.inf.

Therefore it is to be installed better equal the new Script Host.

cu Ari