HOTFIXES: Windows XP SP2 & Windows 2000 SP4

>NUL

Redirect normal output to nothing, but if there is an error output (btw, each program choose how output is displayed ...) it's display on cmd window. To keep a clean cmd windows without ANY messages we can use

>NUL 2>&1

Redirect normal output to nothing and error output to nothing too. In fact &1 speficy the redirection to the first specified output location (NUL or file). The 2> it's just for the error output (you can use only command 2>NUL to keep normal output on cmd but error to nothing.

Wow ! Big excuses for my english language :blushing:

I'm trying to create an install script with unattended support so i can install patches from HDD or CD/DVD. Right now i use an old one to install updates from setup but i'm coding a new one :D maybe i'll post it on the forum when i finished it. I just want to make something simple and easy to use (well without "eye candy interface") :P

Couple of questions -

1. Can the new version of KB892130 posted directly above be installed using svcpack.inf? I was able to run and successfully install it silently on two machines, using /q /n /z on one and /quiet /nobackup / norestart on the other. These machines are, of course, both up and running. Is there some problem with installing it via svcpack I need to watch for?

UPDATE 5/26/06 - I answered my own question. KB892130, as well as KB905474, can both be installed via svcpack.inf, using the /q /n /z switches. I suspect this may only work on preactivated and/or VLK installs, so YMMV on other installs.

2. I know many people have been having problems integrating KB912812 directly into their installs, but has anybody experienced any problems with running it from svcpack.inf? I have it in my svcpack.inf, switches are correct, but when I connect to Windows Update or Microsoft Update it shows up as needing to be installed.

Thanks to anybody who can help!

Edited by jrf2027