RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

I actually noticed that too. I believe they changed the -c "message" command to -m "message." I actually tested this yesterday in my virtual pc by trying to use -c and -m. -m is the only one that worked. -c wouldn't even load the little shutdown window.

was there a change for taskkill, or did it failed on my last test because it needed something from .net frameworks which didn't install because "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Switchless Installer" from RyanVM gave a weird error (a little box from 7z-zip thatsaid "unspecified error")

was there a change for taskkill, or did it failed on my last test because it needed something from .net frameworks which didn't install because "Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 SP1 Switchless Installer" from RyanVM gave a weird error (a little box from 7z-zip thatsaid "unspecified error")

Sounds like a corrupt download to me.

Also, I'll say it again - PLEASE DON'T PM ME, REPLY IN MY THREAD, AND EMAIL ME WITH THE SAME QUESTION. It's incredibly annoying and amounts to nothing more than harrassment in my opinion. ONE FORM OF COMMUNICATION IS ENOUGH. I'm getting ready to just start ignoring people who ignore me. If it's too much to ask of you, then it's too much to ask of me.

... I'm getting ready to just start ignoring people who ignore me. ...

That's what I do! As well as ignoring those that cannot write a legible post. Saves a lot of aggravation, and cuts down the work load as well. But remember: I warned you ...

(How do you spell choke? R I V E R A ! We know who his daddy is!)

Sounds like a corrupt download to me.

Also, I'll say it again - PLEASE DON'T PM ME, REPLY IN MY THREAD, AND EMAIL ME WITH THE SAME QUESTION. It's incredibly annoying and amounts to nothing more than harrassment in my opinion. ONE FORM OF COMMUNICATION IS ENOUGH. I'm getting ready to just start ignoring people who ignore me. If it's too much to ask of you, then it's too much to ask of me.

im REALLY sorry.

i didn't want to mail you (well, i did want to at first, but my ISP always refuses to send mails to gmail accounts, so the mesage was left on the outlook express outbox and for some reason was able to be sent later without me noticing).

the PM was intended to happen, and in this thread, i asked something diferent

my queston in this thread was about taskill, wich didn't work and gave a message about a frame"something".dll.

was it because of the "broken" .net i downloaded and it didn't install ?

or was there a change in it too with this pack (like the one that happened with shutdown)

... I'm getting ready to just start ignoring people who ignore me. ...

That's what I do! As well as ignoring those that cannot write a legible post. Saves a lot of aggravation, and cuts down the work load as well. But remember: I warned you ...

(How do you spell choke? R I V E R A ! We know who his daddy is!)

What's new? My opinion's always been that Rivera is overrated. Not exactly the first time he's choked in a big game (*ahem*2001*ahem*).

Ah well, still 3-2 going back to NY :)

All the changes made in the pack are documented on the website.

You're the first person in over 300 downloads of .NET to have issues with it, so I'm betting the problem lies on your end.

your bet was RIGHT.

for some reason, if i downloaded it with NO download manager (after readiong the "warnings" (to call them in some way) about your bandwith, i thought no download manager was better for you, and chose not to use flashget.

the 3 downloads i did like that where corupted, then, i used flashget and problem solved (and when i replaced the corrupted one that was on my cd, i noticed it was a 58kb file... stupid me i didn't notice earlyer)

i'll look at your web again to see if the taskill thing is because a change on your pack.

your .net installed fine now (this is to be installed alone, ritgt ? or should i install something before ? )

i read the changes of your patch but there was no mention of taskkill.

my unattended cd worked before 2 things:

1) your pack

2) new nlite that did te SAME things + adding your pack

do you think i should post this in the nlite thread ?

i leave a picture of the error

EDIT: after searching my system i found that the file exists in my current windows install, and that it was in the original windows cd and in the Sp2 installer, so maybe something removed it ?

i'll try throwing the famedyn.dl_ file into the i386 folder of my unattended cd before macking the iso to see what happens :P

post-70-1098200613_thumb.png