RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

2. sfc_os.dll this is used to disable windows file protection, but you say it is enabled. Whats goin on? I just want to be sure I know what I am doing before integrating it.
The hacked file only allows you to disable it via the registry. I still leave it enabled by default, but at least you can disable it if you want.

So disable sfc need's to be unchecked when using nlite

Edited by Famer

2. sfc_os.dll this is used to disable windows file protection, but you say it is enabled. Whats goin on? I just want to be sure I know what I am doing before integrating it.
The hacked file only allows you to disable it via the registry. I still leave it enabled by default, but at least you can disable it if you want.

So disable sfc need's to be unchecked when using nlite

Use nLite like you normally would. nuhi disregards the patched sfc_os.dll and patched uxtheme.dll in my pack when extracting and patches them with nLite still.

Ryan. Excellent job. You've made so many peoples live easier. I always had problems finding, and knowing which updates to do, and how.

I've been lacking in internet for few weeks due to problems, so I see this thread with 20 pages of replies.  It sucks to read 20 pages of questions, just to make sure you're up to date on things.

Maybe you could start a new post, that you will post updates and things like that, with no other posts (like thank yous, and questions in it), so it would be easier to find out the latest details.

(I know we can check your website, but it still would make it a bit easier).

It's just an idea. Keep up the excellent work!

I do update my first post in the thread when I release a new version too, just so you know.

Thanks one more ?does disable post clean up need to be unchecked  in nlite

again thanks for the reply and help

As far as I know, that option has been totally removed from nLite as of 0.99.1. If it's still there, yes you should uncheck it

However, I'm hoping that with 1.0.2, it will no longer matter as I might have a way of running that cmd file directly from the INF. Still testing that, though ;):P

I thought weird behavior were for non-english windows version.

%DATE% is supposed to be a short date like mm/dd/yy and now it's the english version that is not predictable.

Coding for Windows platform is all about dealing with exception.

But we know that since long time ago.  ;)

Well, it's quite possible that the English version is the exception (I wouldn't have known that since it's the version I use :P). It's also quite irrelevant. If -10 works for all instances, then we're set.

Can some people using XP languages other than English confirm that for me? In a command prompt, type in

echo %DATE:~-10%

and post the results.

I'm using a Taiwan windows version, and it doesn't seen to work for me :unsure:

since the day is at the end.

echo %date:~-10%

/10/14 ?¯ŠúŽl

echo %date%

2004/10/14 ?¯ŠúŽl

FOR /F %I IN ('DATE /T') DO echo %I

2004/10/14

and Microsoft Windows Script 5.6.8825 seems to be language dependent, since i have these files in addition:

scripcht.cat

jscht.dll

scocht.dll

scrrncht.dll

vbscht.dll

wshcht.dll

You should update. MSXML 4.0 does not replace MSXML 3.0 because some obsolete and non-conformant features are not supported. You may run MSXML 4.0 and MSXML 3.0 and earlier versions concurrently.

But MSXML 5.0? Sure? I don't know any release of MSXML 5.0.

I thought weird behavior were for non-english windows version.

%DATE% is supposed to be a short date like mm/dd/yy and now it's the english version that is not predictable.

Coding for Windows platform is all about dealing with exception.

But we know that since long time ago.  ;)

Well, it's quite possible that the English version is the exception (I wouldn't have known that since it's the version I use :P). It's also quite irrelevant. If -10 works for all instances, then we're set.

Can some people using XP languages other than English confirm that for me? In a command prompt, type in

echo %DATE:~-10%

and post the results.

I'm using a Taiwan windows version, and it doesn't seen to work for me :unsure:

since the day is at the end.

echo %date:~-10%

/10/14 ?¯ŠúŽl

echo %date%

2004/10/14 ?¯ŠúŽl

FOR /F %I IN ('DATE /T') DO echo %I

2004/10/14

and Microsoft Windows Script 5.6.8825 seems to be language dependent, since i have these files in addition:

scripcht.cat

jscht.dll

scocht.dll

scrrncht.dll

vbscht.dll

wshcht.dll

Don't know what to tell you, sorry.

media player 10 final was release ....what's up ? :whistle:  :thumbup

for the most part, if you look at what he has included, the majority of it has been SECURITY related, which is the point of almost ANY update pack. However, WMP10 adds NO security, just it's music store. Hell, RyanVM didn't even include .NET. lol. WMP10 would also push he pack up a bit as well.