RyanVM Windows XP SP2 Update Pack

Hi,

I've used your pack RyanVM but now I am getting the following error upon running the installation:

The Windows Installer Service could not be accessed.

This can occur if you are running Windows in safe mode, or if the Windows installer is not correctly installed.

I am running the installer from the GuiRunOnceEx as I always did.

Does someone have experienced something similar upon applying RyanVM's pack?

Thanks.

What are you trying to install? I install quite a few apps from GuiRunOnce that use the Windows Installer service and they all work fine.

And now that we have confirmation on the date thing, it'll be in the next release.

And on the download front - HOLY HELL. I've used 5GB of bandwidth in three days and there's been a total of nearly 700 downloads between 1.0.0 and 1.0.1!!! :o

Glad to see you guys like it :P;)

echo %DATE:~-10%

Returns 11/10/2004

Im, using a Corp-English installation

echo %date%

returns 11/10/2004 but seeing not everyones is the same, so the universal version is just great :) well done swgreed I think  :wacko:

erm, I posted that idea.

Ah well, glad to see we found something that works for everyone. Stupid discrepancies between versions :P

@RyanVM:

I am trying to install MSN Messenger 6.1.0202. The odd thing is I can install it after all the installation process is done and I am logged in.

Here is the relevent commands in my RunOnceCmdEx file:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 6.1.0202" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi /QB" /f

Anyhow, I'll start a new thread on this issue since it does not seem to be related to your pack. Maybe it is SP2 related.

@RyanVM:

I am trying to install MSN Messenger 6.1.0202. The odd thing is I can install it after all the installation process is done and I am logged in.

Here is the relevent commands  in my RunOnceCmdEx file:

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /VE /D "MSN Messenger 6.1.0202" /f

REG ADD %KEY%\010 /V 1 /D "%systemdrive%\install\MSN\MsnMsgs.msi /QB" /f

Anyhow, I'll start a new thread on this issue since it does not seem to be related to your pack. Maybe it is SP2 related.

I'll add it to my ISO just for kicks and try to install it from GuiRunOnce as well. We'll see how it goes.

Version 1.0.1a is now out. Fixes in it are a correction on the date issue and CMDOW was added to the Lite pack (I kind of forgot that both packs rely on it :P).

1.0.1-->1.0.1a upgrade packs can be downloaded from the changelog page. They are much smaller and easier on my bandwidth. Please download them if you're already using 1.0.1. They can be extracted straight into i386 with no other modifications required.

1.0.1-->1.0.1a upgrade packs can be downloaded from the changelog page. They are much smaller and easier on my bandwidth. Please download them if you're already using 1.0.1. They can be extracted straight into i386 with no other modifications required.

i'm afraid i need some more detailed instructions on how to MANUALY update from 1.01 to 1.01a

I downloaded the file from your page "RVMUpdatePack1.01aFull.cab", and when i extract it, there seem to be a LOT of files...is this the update or the full version? I also see another cab inside called "RVMUpPck.cab"....

what do i do?

i'm afraid i need some more detailed instructions on how to MANUALY update from 1.01 to 1.01a

I downloaded the file from your page "RVMUpdatePack1.01aFull.cab", and when i extract it, there seem to be a LOT of files...is this the update or the full version? I also see another cab inside called "RVMUpPck.cab"....

what do i do?

Maybe you should try READING the page.

Please for the sake of my (limited) bandwidth, download upgrade packs when available.
And if you managed to CLICK that link, you'd have seen:
# 1.0.1 to 1.0.1a Upgrade Pack - Lite Version (860KB). Download and extract to i386 directory.

# 1.0.1 to 1.0.1a Upgrade Pack - Full Version (1.57MB). Download and extract to i386 directory.

:rolleyes::wacko::no::hello:

Can this pack be used in combination with Gosh's Secret Of Reducing Size Of Source?

I don't see why not. Hell, it could be used with a standard non-unattended install CD the way it's set up to run :D

Just tested this method in combination with Gosh's method and it worked.

Well, I had to copy the svcpack-folder back to i386 afterwards.

Because it was removed during Gosh's method.

I have a little problem.... i tried using the pack in conjunction with nuhis tools then i used Brian Berns tool (http://berns.cae.wisc.edu/pages/wincd.asp) for creating a multiboot XP install as i create XP Corp, OEM and retail CD's with OEM installs (2 os's on each cd) also using XPinstall from Wraith. All seemed to go well but i get a framedyn.dll error on startup of the OS for the 1st time and non of the hotfixes are updated, i have to download them again, is there a way i can make Ryans pack work with the other method of creating a CD??? BTW, i use the CMD version 104 not the windows version 2 of Brian Berns tool

I have a little problem.... i tried using the pack in conjunction with nuhis tools then i used Brian Berns tool (http://berns.cae.wisc.edu/pages/wincd.asp) for creating a multiboot XP install as i create XP Corp, OEM and retail CD's with OEM installs (2 os's on each cd) also using XPinstall from Wraith. All seemed to go well but i get a framedyn.dll error on startup of the OS for the 1st time and non of the hotfixes are updated, i have to download them again, is there a way i can make Ryans pack work with the other method of creating a CD??? BTW, i use the CMD version 104 not the windows version 2 of Brian Berns tool

That's a bug with nLite 0.99.1, not my pack. There's posts in the nLite forum about it.