Kyliefan001

Which Browser Do You Use?  

163 members have voted

1. 1. Which Browser Do You Use?

• IE
    • Firefox
    • Opera
    • Other

I like Avant Browser myself, I have tried all the others, except Opera, and found that I like Avant best.

Though it's based on IE, it has all the features and then some I was looking for in a browser, the tabbing feature, stability, block pop-ups, translate pages, sort my favorites into groups, (I would like to be able to open a full group at a time, but that's not a biggie,) though I can skin it, I really don't care about that as much as everything else, like the ability to keep a certain page refreshed, or all of them.

The on the fly features are great as well, such as the ability to pull a drop down to turn off activex, java scripts, flash, add new window/tabs, etc. The fact they even include the search bar which has multiple choices for search engines is a plus, now I don't have to install Google search seperately.

I was using Netscape for a while, but due to incompatibilities with Windows and most things on the web, I would end up having to use IE, now I do everything from Avant, and throughly enjoy using it.

The best is IE  :thumbup

Yes, and Lada makes the best cars :lol: IE has so many bugs, so many security issues, and CSS support is very poor at best. Most webmasters living in this century (using xhtml/css v2 and such - not html 4/no css n00bs) will tell you they hate IE because of that. There were some campaigns against IE because it's just a headache having to make css hacks so the pages render fine in Ie - then have to add more hacks to your css - so your hacks to make your pages look like intended in IE don't mess up the other browsers like opera... I suppose anything that uses IE's components are no better with respect to that.

As for the disabling js, activex, pictures, resizing windows, many searchengines in the toolbar (including google), popup stopper (the best around) and all that, my firefox does all that too :)

Opera for all purposes, except for Windows Update.

And, its amazing how a poll like this keeps coming up every month or so. Try searching and you see so many topics discussing the same - which browser you use or which is your fave......

Opera is simply the best!

:thumbup

well, i tried firefox...... problem is my site doesn't work in it lol, the css template got all wierd... maybe once i fix my site to work on firefox, i will start to use it, but until then..... Iexplorer.

lol, Gameheads site doesn't work either LOL

my site doesn't work in it

Actually, it does look not that bad in firefox to me, just the left menu that's a bit low. And I bet the issue is that firefox actually renders it like you css sheet actually should... If you change it so it works with fully css compliant browsers, you might have to add some css hacks for IE to display it properly... Thanks to IE "pro" webmasters have to include uglyness like: voice-family: "\"}\""; in our CSS sheets and more hacks/concessions...

some news from last month... "Browser campaign slams IE"

http://news.com.com/Browser+campaign+slams...?tag=macintouch

• 2 weeks later...