SAV 9 - Symantec AntiVirus 9.0

prathapml

It's really strange, but I double checked and the readme (lisezmoi) file in the lusetup2.0.zip and in the liveupdate folder (the one you sent me) are both saying it's v2.0 dated december 2003... I don't know what else to do or say...

And to RyanVM, it's not live update telling me it's up to date but the installer itself, when I manually tried the file mazin sent me from the french folder on symantec's ftp.

So I hope they are currently working on releasing the other lu setup in the other languages... anyone here not on an english system too?

It's really strange, but I double checked and the readme (lisezmoi) file in the lusetup2.0.zip and in the liveupdate folder (the one you sent me) are both saying it's v2.0 dated december 2003...  I don't know what else to do or say...

And to RyanVM, it's not live update telling me it's up to date but the installer itself, when I manually tried the file mazin sent me from the french folder on symantec's ftp.

So I hope they are currently working on releasing the other lu setup in the other languages... anyone here not on an english system too?

Ah, I thought you were replying to mazin saying that 2.5.56 was out.

Does anybody know how to change LiveUpdate settings so it's installed with them in place?

I pulled Settings.Default.LiveUpdate from the SFX archive and found the relevant keys (PREFERENCES\EXPRESS_MODE\ENABLED=YES and such), but after modifying the keys and repacking the file into the archive, it seems to completely ignore those settings once LiveUpdate is actually installed. Anybody have a clue how to make the settings stick?

I dont know if I`m stating the obvious here, but I made a SFX of the whole sav91400 directory, opened the SFX, pressed ALT-M and added the

;The comment below contains SFX script commands

Path=%SystemDrive%\Install\SAV\
SavePath
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

then, modified the installation batch file as follows. This uncompresses the SFX file, changes to that folder and runs the sav.msi as normal.

ECHO Extracting SAV 9.0.0.1400
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\sav91400.exe
cd %systemdrive%\install\sav91400

ECHO SAV 9.0.0.1400 V.Defs updated 28.8.2004
start /wait SAV.msi /QB RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

This compresses the entire SAV91400 from 51.5Mb uncompressed to only folder to 19.8Mb.

When finished just delete the SFX file and SAV folder.

I have been trying to install this automatically, but until I read and tried Mazins Guide I couldnt do it.

I dont know if I`m stating the obvious here, but I made a SFX of the whole sav91400 directory, opened the SFX, pressed ALT-M and added the

Path=%SystemDrive%\Install\SAV\
SavePath
Silent=2
Overwrite=1

then, modified the installation batch file as follows. This uncompresses the SFX file, changes to that folder and runs the sav.msi as normal.

ECHO Extracting SAV 9.0.0.1400
start /wait %systemdrive%\install\sav91400.exe
cd %systemdrive%\install\sav91400

ECHO SAV 9.0.0.1400 V.Defs updated 28.8.2004
start /wait SAV.msi /QB RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

This compresses the entire SAV91400 from 51.5Mb uncompressed to only folder to 19.8Mb.

When finished just delete the SFX file and SAV folder.

I have been trying to install this automatically, but until I read and tried  Mazins Guide I couldnt do it.

But then again I fail to see why use 2 steps when they can be combined into one. Use the installation switch from the sfx itself.

setup=SAV.msi /QB RUNLIVEUPDATE=0 REBOOT=ReallySuppress

SavePath

Silent=2

Overwrite=1

my rar sfx is about 16.6MB which is decent for me.  I'm waiting for 7-Zip to add some features and WinRAR will go bye-bye.

About the only thing 7-zip's SFX module is missing at this point IMO is the ability to be completely hidden during extraction. Also, I'd like it if it were able to directly execute MSI files instead of needing msiexec to do it. Igor told me in email that he might put that into a future version.

Well I disagree about the features missing. I think adding your own icon, specifying your own directory (inside the sfx) and ability to edit them later are the three features I really want. I'm been WinRAR fan for so long. Its hard to turn from that. Although I appreciate 7zip compression especially when using Inno Setup. Hehe.

Sorry but I still need help installing the SAV9

Version sac911000.exe

what do I use for the silent install for this sac911000.exe one. Its in an .exe format.

can someone help me out with this one for an unattended install...  :(

It's probably a self extracting EXE. Try opening it with WinRAR.