• Shareaza
    • BitComet
    • Bittorrent
    • eMule
    • SoulSeek
    • Limewire
    • µTorrent

• 4 weeks later...
Well, I am a newbie, so anyone feel free to correct me.

But as I am instructed by professionals, we all need to remember that there is NO safe computing with P2P software.

I am not familiar with all of the above listed, but I have had no, and I mean no problems with WinMX. Wonderful.

Could everyone give me their feedback on this. I was told this one is the best for dial up users for some reason about the queuing.

How does winMX relate to BitTorrent or Limewire, Emule BitTorrent or ChunkDonkey; is it true Dial up plays a factor in which one to use

I don't really DL much anymore. The very first file sharing experience I did was back when the old Napster was still up and I downloaded Limp Bizkit - Rollin'.mp3 and listened to it all day because I was excited about my first time downloading a song. I have tried pretty much every program out there. Even ones unmentioned in this thread. Napster, WinMX (used this a lot back in its day...its old and dead to me though), LimeWire (had it for 10 minutes, hated it), eMuLe (good for those rare appz you can't find anywhere else), FileTopia (128 bit encyption, latest of everything and oldest of the foreign, file sharing complete with chat rooms...though...I have spent more than 6 years on this client...the place has become corrupt as its mostly "political" these days...the Operators follow the rules by Their books and I am one to bend rules so I eventually didn't fit in...but if you behave it is rather good...)...DirectConnect (I hate this one).
Those are the ones I can think of off the top of my head.
Now I use Shareaza for the odd song I DL once and a while and the newest version of a program I use. I use BitTornado for Torrents from Suprnova.org. I'm satisfied.

• 3 weeks later...
I only use Shareaza to download the odd small program I want to try out (Usually when comparing registry cleaners or something, or the occasional song download, it never gives me trouble to DL). I use BitTornado to get cool stuff from Suprnova.org.

• 2 weeks later...
I've used edonkey since its beginnings, after a while I found out eMule and been using it ever since. 2+ years and never had a bad download. You can find anything in that network!

Also using:
Azureus (BitTorrent client)
WinMX (for some very rare anime downloads)
mIRC