1 hour ago, XPerceniol said:

Ok, maybe I'll keep Thorium on my system then

I'm keeping it.  I will *not* be keeping any Supermium builds - at least not yet, I'll try future builds, but none to date will work on my system - NONE.

While real hardware is the goal here, tyr Supermium in a VM.  Not sure why it should matter, but it does!

Run Supermium in a VM and you WILL throw your computer out the window, throw the keyboard out right behind it, flush your mouse down the toilet, and take your printer outside and hit it with a baseball bat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

14 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I'm keeping it.  I will *not* be keeping any Supermium builds - at least not yet, I'll try future builds, but none to date will work on my system - NONE.

While real hardware is the goal here, tyr Supermium in a VM.  Not sure why it should matter, but it does!

Run Supermium in a VM and you WILL throw your computer out the window, throw the keyboard out right behind it, flush your mouse down the toilet, and take your printer outside and hit it with a baseball bat.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N9wsjroVlu8

If we are to assume win32 still reads Supermium topic, probably better to post there, in Supermium topic, who knows maybe he will fix it, then.

I already linked to a possible fix.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185045-supermium/?do=findComment&comment=1264207

12 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Use -

body, body *, body h1, body h2, body h3, body h4 {font-family: unset !important;}

Thank you, that has fixed it completely!
:worship:

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Has anyone tried using the chrome://flags/#ungoogled-thorium flag?
If so, are there any downsides to it?
:dubbio:

Does not work!  It is labeled as a "work in progress" but it doesn't seem to be doing ANYTHING that an UNGOOGLED browser should do.

Easy test, with no open tabs, clear your cache and then go to clear it a second time.

An UNGOOGLED browser will NEVER show this after you just cleared your cache and you've not yet visited ANY web site PLUS this is with a profile that HAS NO EXTENSIONS.

A Chrome-based browser that is NOT "ungoogled" has a CONSTANT line of communication "open" with the Web Store.

image.png.dd7fdc98f4e256b2fe2f8ae4948e0978.png

Official Ungoogled Chromium will still have that settings page but the sync, sign-in, and URL telemetry options are removed completely.

Official Ungoogled still offers -
  1)  "Improve search suggestions" (this is technically only a "Google" thing if your default search engine is Google and you "want" the so-called search "suggestions")
  2)  profile name, color, and avatar
  3)  import bookmarks and settings

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

From a complete shut down and start up the computer to load only Windows XP with very limited services and no "real-time" antivirus - Thorium takes 31 seconds to load, once that is over and I do something else, the browser loads just fine in a reasonable manor. Again, rebase the dlls; no?

On 4/25/2024 at 6:01 PM, XPerceniol said:

Just a quick question: Do you guys think rebasing the dlls would help much? And if so, is the command line still like it was for 360 Chrome - rebase.exe -b 10040000? Thank you I really don't know what the heck I'm doing most of the time and largely going by faulty memory and a very long time ago  (and I'm not talking about computer memory either) :)

EDIT: I'm currently using Rebase V6.0.6001.17129 (longhorn.080104-1910)

?

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Official Ungoogled Chromium will still have that settings page but the sync, sign-in, and URL telemetry options are removed completely.

Official Ungoogled still offers -
  1)  "Improve search suggestions" (this is technically only a "Google" thing if your default search engine is Google and you "want" the so-called search "suggestions")
  2)  profile name, color, and avatar
  3)  import bookmarks and settings

Right.
Oh well, at least the presence of that flag I hope shows an intent by the developer to eventually produce an Un-Googled version of Thorium.
Let's hope it becomes a reality soon for those who want it.
:yes: