1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

And check this thread where we talked a lot about supported protocols: 
https://msfn.org/board/topic/184410-xpvista-compatible-clients-for-modern-email-services/

Based on this thread it looks like to get OAuth2 for hotmail accounts mailnews needs to be registered with Microsoft servers. Would that be done on the user or developer end? I would guess that for it to be included by default Roy would have to see if it's possible.

Edited by DanR20

2 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

Based on this thread it looks like to get OAuth2 for hotmail accounts mailnews needs to be registered with Microsoft servers. Would that be done on the user or developer end? I would guess that for it to be included by default the Roy would have to see if it's posible.

Based on this thread it doesn't work with Office 365 accounts. But normal Outlook accounts do actually work.

1 minute ago, AstroSkipper said:

Based on this thread it doesn't work with Office 365 accounts. But normal Outlook accounts do actually work.

That's what I'm using, an office 365 account and that protocol is missing.  

Microsoft is so mixed up, now the account is working again with normal protocol. It probably won't last though, eventually they will force OAuth2 exclusively.

5 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

Microsoft is so mixed up, now the account is working again with normal protocol. It probably won't last though, eventually they will force OAuth2 exclusively.

Here is a screenshot from my hotmail/Outlook account settings including OAUth2 option in MailNews:

Mail-News-Outlook-OAuth2.png

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Here is a screenshot from my hotmail/Outlook account settings including OAUth2 option:

You're using it with IMAP, maybe that's the trick, I prefer POP but I'll see if changing it to IMAP does anything.

4 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

You're using it with IMAP, maybe that's the trick, I prefer POP but I'll see if changing it to IMAP does anything.

Not to confuse you, I'm currently using this account with a normal password, but I just wanted to show you that the OAuth2 option is offered, which I use in Gmail for example.

14 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Here is a screenshot from my hotmail/Outlook account settings including OAUth2 option in MailNews:

That did it, using IMAP I'm now getting OAuth2 as an option so I guess problem solved. For now at least normal password is working again so I'll stay with that.

35 minutes ago, DanR20 said:

For now at least normal password is working again so I'll stay with that.

Had given me an error message earlier, but after clicking retry it worked. They seem to be tinkering with the protocol again. :angry:

5 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

Had given me an error message earlier, but after clicking retry it worked. They seem to be tinkering with the protocol again. :angry:

Normal password won't last so with Thunderbird 115.0 I already moved my accounts to OAuth2. That protocol is available in pop accounts so it's easier to just do it now and get it over with. With mailnews I'll hold off as long as possible unless Roy can add OAuth2 to pop as well. Much prefer that to IMAP. 

11 hours ago, anton12 said:

I do not experience deterioration/corruption with NM28

I was talking about deterioration of the operating system in general. When files become corrupted it can affect the operation of programs or directly break vital parts such as the boot sector of your disk.

Edited by chermany4ever
correction