Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, modnar said:

Please post the ~monkey file version you're using; both on that site do not work on Serpent 52.9, complains about "corrupt file". :-)

This link worked for me: https://github.com/zerodytrash/Simple-YouTube-Age-Restriction-Bypass/raw/main/dist/Simple-YouTube-Age-Restriction-Bypass.user.js In Serpent 52, you can, for example, use Tampermonkey 4.11.6120, Violentmonkey 2.14.0 (needs a small fix) or Greasemonkey 3.31.4 from the fork branch. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Posted (edited)

Im sorry to be totally offtopic.

Im using NM28 on a very limited ram machine.

What settings in about:config or extensions would you recomend for minimal ram usage while browsing?

Currentyl using Memory restart/memory optimize extensions,

and in about:config

browser.cache.disk.enable       false

browser.sessionhistory.max_entries  0

browser.sessionhistory.max_total_viewers 0

Edited by Kmuland

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

I got the same issue in New Moon 28 in the profile where my German Language Pack was installed. Eight obsolete entities have been removed, and one new (<!ENTITY aboutSupport.appBasicsCPUCaps "CPU Capabilities">) has been added. Therefore, all Language Packs have to be modified. I have just fixed my German Language Pack. The file which has to be compared to the English original one is aboutSupport.dtd located in chrome\en-US\locale\en-US\global\ and to be fixed in your Language Pack. Simply delete all experimental entities from line 28 to 35 and then add the new one to line 50! If you need help or more information, don't hesitate to ask. :)

Fixed. :)

spacer.png

Uploaded to Dropbox: Link

Posted (edited)
55 minutes ago, Kmuland said:

Im sorry to be totally offtopic.

You are not off-topic.

55 minutes ago, Kmuland said:

Im using NM28 on a very limited ram machine.

Me too. My hardware specs are: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.80 GHz CPU (single core, 32 Bit), only 1.5 GB SD-RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphic card with 256 MB. All hard disks are connected via IDE. What are yours? :dubbio:

Edited by AstroSkipper

2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Me too. My hardware specs are: Intel Pentium 4 Northwood 2.80 GHz CPU (single core, 32 Bit), only 1.5 GB SD-RAM and a NVIDIA GeForce 6200 graphic card with 256 MB. All hard disks are connected via IDE. What are yours? :dubbio:

Here using netbooks:

-Atom N270 with 1Gb

-Atom N280 with 2Gb

4 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

and one new (<!ENTITY aboutSupport.appBasicsCPUCaps "CPU Capabilities">) has been added.

... Indeed :P , as per:

https://github.com/roytam1/UXP/commit/407a79e79f75a1de2af5588d8d54e853683af43f#diff-f1692414557ddbb1da94a106acb550a38c4145360214b795e77437b02b2a69ea

(as part of upstream #2503 ;) ) ...

Posted (edited)
4 hours ago, modnar said:

Please post the ~monkey file version you're using;
both on that site do not work on Serpent 52.9, complains about "corrupt file". :-)

... Provided you already have installed a St52-compatible Userscript Editor (XUL/WE, see the recommendations by AstroSkipper :thumbup), you should've scrolled down to: 

u9SWVKp.png

and clicked on one of the three offered options; ALL 3 work fine here (St52+VM) ; first option is the GH direct link, already provided in clear text by @AstroSkipper ; the "mirrors" will get you to the respective UserScript Portals, where you have to click appropriate "Install" buttons; FWIW, direct links below 

https://update.greasyfork.org/scripts/423851/Simple%20YouTube%20Age%20Restriction%20Bypass.user.js

https://openuserjs.org/install/zerodytrash/Simple_YouTube_Age_Restriction_Bypass.user.js

If none of the links work for you, then something particular to your St52 profile may interfere...

Edited by VistaLover

3 hours ago, Kmuland said:

I'm using NM28 on a very limited RAM machine.

and in about:config

browser.cache.disk.enable       false

... Since you're low on RAM, why did you disable disk cache? I might be wrong :dubbio:, but doesn't this mean that the browser cache is now stored solely in RAM?

5 minutes ago, VistaLover said:

... Since you're low on RAM, why did you disable disk cache? I might be wrong :dubbio:, but doesn't this mean that the browser cache is now stored solely in RAM?

Right! That was why I asked about his capacities for file storage. In general, I don't think it would be a good idea to disable disk cache on devices with little RAM. :no:

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:
1 hour ago, VistaLover said:

Right! That was why I asked about his capacities for file storage. In general, I don't think it would be a good idea to disable disk cache on devices with little RAM. :no:

Here using a mechanic HDs (160Gbs), so when Im low in ram, there is too much virtual memory disk usage... If the browser disk cache is also enabled... the delays are tedious, the HD dont stop of write/read activity.. so I prefer disable cache.

56 minutes ago, Kmuland said:

Here using a mechanic HDs (160Gbs), so when Im low in ram, there is too much virtual memory disk usage... If the browser disk cache is also enabled... the delays are tedious, the HD dont stop of write/read activity.. so I prefer disable cache.

But if you are getting low on RAM and no disk cache is available, where is New Moon 28 supposed to write its cache files? :dubbio: TBH, that does not really make sense to me. nimportequoi.gif Maybe, it is better to create a small partition only for caching files by browsers and defragment it on a regular base for performance reasons. :P

16 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

But if you are getting low on RAM and no disk cache is available, where is New Moon 28 supposed to write its cache files?

Just a guess, but nowhere. The typically cached elements are simply re-downloaded, again and again, as if the page was visited for the first time. If  @Kmuland's internet bandwidth is greater than HDD bandwidth, disabling the cache makes sense. Again, just guessing, no idea how browsers work.

Posted (edited)

@Kmuland On such weak systems like yours, you have to adjust much more than on more powerful ones. Install uBlock Origin Legacy and only absolutely necessary extensions! The less, the better. Defragment your complete system partition and don't forget to adjust your pagefile! It shouldn't be fragmented as well. Personally, I tried all extension for memory optimisation but most of them did nothing useful. I use an external RAM manager called CleanMem Pro which frees up RAM that is not used but not released. And most important is to open only very few tabs and/or a tab unloader like Lull The Tabs. I prefer an older version 1.4.3. For the management of websites, I use OneTab and Speed Dial to have only opened the absolutely necessary tabs.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content