Chromium 115 for Windows XP without One Core Api

Iron_Wind0ws

Hello everyone,

I wanted to share with you a news that I found interesting: recently I was exploring on Reddit and I saw that a user has published a Chromiun 115 for Windows XP without the need to install One Core Api.

I tried to run it, but was unsuccessful. However, the developer of the project claims that the browser works correctly in most cases.

I leave you the link to the source so you can explore it and try it yourself:

https://www.reddit.com/r/windowsxp/comments/17x01mo/chromium_115_running_on_windows_xp_without_one/

I hope you find this information useful.

Best regards,

03.jpg

01.jpg

02.jpg

04.jpg

05.jpg

06.jpg

looks actually very good

on reddit they say sometimes it can get laggy - maybe also the reason for this is that xp users useally dont have a fast cpu anymore

youtube has changed their codec a bit too, the code got bigger, probaly less efficient too

the hardware acceleration might plays a role 

that screenshot is from a dual core ?

we might give xp a chance with similiar hardware 

a problem of high languages is that they trigger a "common code" such as the SDT too

what result in more and more code - that then results in needed more cpu power

the SDT is for example only there to provide an easier way to solve programming

but that being said - that always leaded to "script like code" 

and as we know script languages are useally not very fast 

the more it goes at that direction of a script the less efficient the code get

Try to download the original version, it opens the site only at the first launch, it does not open anymore. Unpack the browser to the simplest possible path, for example C:\M115xp\. And it starts from just running chrome.exe, without additional parameters

There is already a thread dedicated to this browser:

9 hours ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

recently I was exploring on Reddit and I saw that a user has published a Chromiun 115 for Windows XP without the need to install One Core Api.

that user @MWF speaks the same language as you but it was not him who discovered that browser whatsowever.

@Iron_Wind0ws Actually, there's a different browser that you will soon be able to use in your Windows XP than this Chromium 115 browser, and it's much better, IMO: Supermium, by @win32https://github.com/win32ss/supermium

It supports Windows Vista, but it doesn't support Windows XP yet. However, it will support XP in 2024. (see: https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/96)

The thing is: Chromium 115 has a timebomb of 1 year, something that the other Chromium browsers generally don't have, not even the original Google Chrome itself has it!

Edited by mina7601

14 hours ago, user57 said:

looks actually very good

on reddit they say sometimes it can get laggy - maybe also the reason for this is that xp users useally dont have a fast cpu anymore

youtube has changed their codec a bit too, the code got bigger, probaly less efficient too

the hardware acceleration might plays a role 

that screenshot is from a dual core ?

we might give xp a chance with similiar hardware 

a problem of high languages is that they trigger a "common code" such as the SDT too

what result in more and more code - that then results in needed more cpu power

the SDT is for example only there to provide an easier way to solve programming

but that being said - that always leaded to "script like code" 

and as we know script languages are useally not very fast 

the more it goes at that direction of a script the less efficient the code get

No, it is an Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 3.06GHz.

Yes, I also agree that YouTube has become bigger and less efficient over time, that's why when I open a video or audio, I usually raise the priority of that single "Utility: Audio Service" process in 360Chrome.

01.png

02.png

13 hours ago, ED_Sln said:

Try to download the original version, it opens the site only at the first launch, it does not open anymore. Unpack the browser to the simplest possible path, for example C:\M115xp\. And it starts from just running chrome.exe, without additional parameters

There is already a thread dedicated to this browser:

Oh, excuse me, I didn't know there was another thread.

Well, I have already tried to extract M115xp in C:\ and nothing, still the same :'(

03.png

04.png

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

@Iron_Wind0ws Actually, there's a different browser that you will soon be able to use in your Windows XP than this Chromium 115 browser, and it's much better, IMO: Supermium, by @win32https://github.com/win32ss/supermium

It supports Windows Vista, but it doesn't support Windows XP yet. However, it will support XP in 2024. (see: https://github.com/win32ss/supermium/issues/96)

The thing is: Chromium 115 has a timebomb of 1 year, something that the other Chromium browsers generally don't have, not even the original Google Chrome itself has it!

Wow, I'm really glad another Chrome for XP is in the works :thumbup , I'll keep an eye out for that. 

Well, I had read in another forum regarding the same Chromiun, that before it expires, that possibly, we had to use the "RunAsDate" program, is that true, can I put here the source of that other forum?

29 minutes ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Well, I had read in another forum regarding the same Chromiun, that before it expires, that possibly, we had to use the "RunAsDate" program, is that true, can I put here the source of that other forum?

If that other forum isn't of the type "Warez" (since if it's warez, that would be against forum rules, particularly rule 1.a), then sure, you can link it here.

BTW, the exact timebomb for Chromium 115 browser (after using RunAsDate program to find out) is August 1, 2024.

Edited by mina7601

3 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I thought it was Aug 1, 2024...  Wait a few months and it works again...  Timebomb again Aug 1, 2025...  Wait a few months and it works again...  Timebomb again Aug 1, 2026...  "Rinse and Repeat"...

Yes, the timebomb's logic is a little off in that it only checks that the year is 2024 or greater, and that the month is August or greater.

Edited by win32

22 minutes ago, George King said:

It can be easily de-timebomded. In issues on GitHub is HEX patch to get rid of TimeBomb :)

I already know how to de-timebomb without visiting GitHub.

I would advise against sharing or "teaching" how to de-timebomb here at MSFN.

That would fall under the same classification as violating an Operating System's activation and MSFN is not here to violate PAID-FOR software licenses.

To the best of my knowledge (I don't follow the project), but the discussed browser is planned to be pay-ware (I think that's a word).

There is a market for pay-ware modern browsers on XP, so I wish the best of success to the creator.

Though I add that I wish the best of success to Supermium also.  And to Mypal 68.  And everything else out there, lol.

7 hours ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Well, I have already tried to extract M115xp in C:\ and nothing, still the same :'(

Sometimes you may see 2-3 chrome.exe processes in Task Manager, but the browser won't start. Then you should terminate the processes and try to start again. Sometimes you need to do this 3-4 times until the window finally appears.

18 hours ago, Iron_Wind0ws said:

Wow, I'm really glad another Chrome for XP is in the works :thumbup , I'll keep an eye out for that. 

I forgot to say, don't let my suggestion about using Supermium affect your choice. If you still want to use Chromium 115 even after Supermium supports XP, it's your choice!