ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2044 rebuild 2

39 minutes ago, seven4ever said:

I've tested the browsers under XP 64, win7 64 and win 10 64 , still 476 score with http://html5test.com/

Some have 528, so I thing it's perhaps a setting, if someone have time to compare with my results in link below, it would help me.

Post 2 page 9, or my result

http://html5test.com/s/dff722654b9686a6.html

I could do it for you. but it will have to be later and not now, unfortunately.

Interim r2 update.  https://www.dropbox.com/scl/fi/yh2qingwvf1u0jdez25cg/r2-interim-release.zip?rlkey=qfu2zn7u1bm6gfvequ0k2o9jf&dl=1

chrome.dll  >>  removed additional telemetry items
en-us.pak  >>  corrected unicode error (two "spaces" being displayed as a "square")
resources.pak  >>  will need to extract/replace regular or ungoogled depending on preference  --  restores Extensions page "action links"

still to-do -
2036 versus 2044 "bold" GUI font on some OSs
"ProcHack" detection on some malware/antivirus scanners

have also sent two pm's regarding the font issue and the win 10 skin. (contains files)

edit.

question :
in options there has always been a button (top right) "restore default settings"
when clicked it messes some things up like the search bar and the homepage.
can that button be removed somehow ?

Edited by rereser

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

This is a legit concern, to be perfectly honest.

It is also a very highly discussed false positive on several real-time protection forums (I found it on Kaspersky, Symantec, TrendMicro, and BitDefender discussion boards).

Apparently, even Windows' own Task Manager is also one of these false positives.

That said, being false positive or not, this would prevent me from running build 2044 at work.

I have been running build 2036 at work for quite some time, so I have to assume it does not have this false positive or Global IT would have sent me a "nastygram" asking if this program is "work-related".

It has nothing to do with your files, I have Process Hacker installed.

kaspscan.jpg

35 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

Hi. How do you disable them and force download?

Type chrome://plugins in the adress bar.

I have Sumatra as default PDF-reader. Clicking on a pdf-file brings up the standard Open/Download popup.

pdfdload.jpg

3 hours ago, Skorpios said:

Type chrome://plugins in the adress bar.

Thanks! Interesting. For some reason, I never could access that setting in my set up (see attached image), in any of the 360 mods. I thought it was just like that, but now I guess it's just the way I cripple things in poor old Noname.png.1499e01d0f5176967c03505f0a883796.pngxp. Is there any other way to do it?

Gdrive runs much better in chrome, but dealing with pdf files is a minor pain, right clicking saving as and such :P     

Edited by dmiranda

28 minutes ago, Outbreaker said:

This command change below in the "360Loader.ini" file will freeze the browser.

Parameters=--user-data-dir="%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\360Chrome" 

I have not tried this, but Chrome's original (ie, non-loader) command line argument to place the profile in the Application Data folder of the user profile was --profile-directory=Default

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I have not tried this, but Chrome's original (ie, non-loader) command line argument to place the profile in the Application Data folder of the user profile was --profile-directory=Default

The --profile-directory=Default is to change the Profile folder name.
The --user-data-dir is to set a new Profile folder directory. 

Running 360chrome.exe --user-data-dir="%UserProfile%\Local Settings\Application Data\360Chrome" works fine, but not with the "360Loader.exe" or "360Loader.ini" file.

Edited by Outbreaker