How To Post In The General Forum?

3 hours ago, WSC4 said:

@Dixel

Thank you so much.  For months, I could not work out how they did it.  I am using New Moon 28, 64-bit and it works.  Iron 99?  Is that SRWare Iron?

From @WSC4

Glad to be of help, yes it's SRWare Iron on Vista x64, right.

11 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Iron 99 is not an option for Windows XP.

Iron 99 is not an option for Windows 2000, Windows Millenium, Windows 98, Windows 98SE, Windows 95, Windows 3.1.

On 11/27/2023 at 11:07 AM, Dixel said:

Type, then hit @ and wait, it supposed to trigger, then start by typing the first letter of the profile you want to tag, right after @ without spaces. It will not work on old browsers, the minimum would be Chrome 99 (not sure exactly about the min. version).

I'm currently on Iron 99.

FYI, this also works on old browsers such as New Moon or Serpent. Never had a problem to tag a member in these browsers. :)

13 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

FYI, this also works on old browsers such as New Moon or Serpent. Never had a problem to tag a member in these browsers. :)

Never heard of those, AstroSkipper thank you for letting us know!

FYI, mentioning members works with Chrome 60 (released 2017-07-25) as the minimum version. Chrome 59 is the version where you can't reply there on MSFN at all.

ML4wmflps-U.pngs-L5h08i-EUL.png

Edited by mina7601
Screenshots added for proof

13 hours ago, Dixel said:

Never heard of those

Yes you have.  Maybe you meant that you've never used them.  waka waka waka  :whistle:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185031-webp-virus-fears-nightmares-suggestions-or-exodus-from-the-internet/?do=findComment&comment=1252187

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183016-palemoon-drama-has-gotten-bad/?do=findComment&comment=1205651

Just messin' with ya.  :buehehe:

edit:  wait, one was about never hearing of Pale Moon, not New Moon.  But like I say, I'm just messin' anyway.
I'm not a big fan of Firefox Forks but they DO have a VERY large following - ESPECIALLY here at MSFN.
Maybe more true a few years ago than "today", but several Firefox Forks are updated WEEKLY here at MSFN and there is a VERY large following of those forks.
Okay, "very large" is perhaps relative.  But if you've ever opened the "most active" or "recent activity" links here at MSFN, the fork thread is there EVERY FRIDAY like CLOCKWORK.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Maybe more true a few years ago than "today", but several Firefox Forks are updated WEEKLY here at MSFN and there is a VERY large following of those forks.

Not exactly weekly every time, sometimes it's after 2 weeks or more than that, and the reason is also specified when this happens. (roytam1, if you are seeing this topic, correct me in case what I said is wrong)

Edited by mina7601

On 11/29/2023 at 3:59 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Yes you have.  Maybe you meant that you've never used them.  waka waka waka  :whistle:

https://msfn.org/board/topic/185031-webp-virus-fears-nightmares-suggestions-or-exodus-from-the-internet/?do=findComment&comment=1252187

https://msfn.org/board/topic/183016-palemoon-drama-has-gotten-bad/?do=findComment&comment=1205651

Just messin' with ya.  :buehehe:

edit:  wait, one was about never hearing of Pale Moon, not New Moon.  But like I say, I'm just messin' anyway.
I'm not a big fan of Firefox Forks but they DO have a VERY large following - ESPECIALLY here at MSFN.
Okay, "very large" is perhaps relative.  But if you've ever opened the "most active" or "recent activity" links here at MSFN, the fork thread is there EVERY FRIDAY like CLOCKWORK.

Me posting in general or any other section doesn't automatically mean I'm aware of the whole topic/subject. I can reply to a post as if it was a standalone matter.

You not even knowing those browsers' names kind of tells a lot. I remember you wrote you couldn't even access your utilities website with them, so what's the point?

I didn't know messing with other people was allowed on the forum. 

I already got several stalkers/weirdos (check my account every minute), guess now I'll be adding someone who messes with me to the collection.

Chill.  Just a figure of speech.  Besides, I've seen MSFN Members "threaten" other MSFN Members with "I've screencap'd what you just said, I will use it against you if I need to".

That has to be much more in violation of forum rules then some "just messin" phrase and the "literal meaning" of "never heard of".

Oh well, life's too short,

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Chill.  Just a figure of speech.  Besides, I've seen MSFN Members "threaten" other MSFN Members with "I've screencap'd what you just said, I will use it against you if I need to".

I'm chill and quite relaxed, thanks for your worries. I'm staying here seeking purely technological experience (which is getting harder and harder with each day), I don't want to discuss politics,

off-topic matters, my personality, my posts from several years ago, rumours, etc, I don't want to be screamed at in CAPSLOCK. (against the rules!)

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

That has to be much more in violation of forum rules then some "just messin" phrase and the "literal meaning" of "never heard of".

That word wasn't quoted in your original post, so no. Also, I'm not interested in your opinion regarding the site moderation, besides, discussing it in public is indeed against the rules.

I gave you a polite hint - I want to be left alone, yet you don't listen. I'm tired of your want-to-be-moderator fantasies. Let's ask @Tripredacus what "has to be" a violation or hasn't.

Back on-topic:

With your posts you give a very good example of how people shouldn't behave themselves when posting.