Windows XP 2022 Edition is everything Windows 11 should be

msfntor

Windows XP 2022 Edition is everything Windows 11 should be

By Wayne Williams

Windows-XP-2022-640x359.jpg

"Windows users currently have a choice of two (supported) operating systems -- Windows 10 or Windows 11. While Microsoft would prefer users to be running the latest OS, adoption of Windows 11 has slowed dramatically in recent months.

When Windows XP first arrived back in 2001 it really shook things up with its revolutionary design and playful color scheme. If you were wondering how it might look if it was released today, we have the answer.

Prolific concept creator Addy Visuals has put his creative abilities into imagining what a modern version of XP might look like.

Given the tagline of 'Experience Again', his take on the OS has the look and color scheme of XP, blended with Windows 11 features, such as rounded corners and a centered taskbar and Start menu.

Addy's creation rocks a remastered version of the iconic Bliss wallpaper, but at one point he animates it, with the fluffy white clouds floating over the lush green hill, which is a great touch. And when XP goes into dark mode, the wallpaper looks as if it was taken at nighttime.

There are several nods to XP of the past here, including the return of the search companion Rover the dog, and 3D Pinball Space Cadet.

Take a look at the video and let us know what you think of it, and this vision for Windows XP 2022 Edition, in the comments below."

135 Comments

"135 Responses to Windows XP 2022 Edition is everything Windows 11 should be"

HERE: https://betanews.com/2022/05/11/windows-xp-2022-edition/#comments

- BUT I'm not able to see the comments section, no Disqus in my uBlock on this website, on my Chromium or Firefox forks, WHY?... (I don't have this Disqus problem on other websites...). Could you see the comments section, please?

Edited by msfntor
link added; quotes added

On 4/1/2023 at 11:10 AM, msfntor said:

- BUT I'm not able to see the comments section, no Disqus in my uBlock on this website, on my Chromium or Firefox forks, WHY?... (I don't have this Disqus problem on other websites...). Could you see the comments section, please?

I am not able to see the comments section on latest Chrome and Firefox, either.

Right click on the little comments field - then under Console we read (in red) about two Mixed content errors:

platform.js:65 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://betanews.com/2022/05/11/windows-xp-2022-edition/#comments' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://developers.google.com/#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh&id=I0_1680643662507&_gfid=I0_1680643662507&parent=https%3A%2F%2Fbetanews.com&pfname=&rpctoken=20793224'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

platform.js:65 Mixed Content: The page at 'https://betanews.com/2022/05/11/windows-xp-2022-edition/#comments' was loaded over HTTPS, but requested an insecure resource 'http://developers.google.com/#_methods=onPlusOne%2C_ready%2C_close%2C_open%2C_resizeMe%2C_renderstart%2Concircled%2Cdrefresh%2Cerefresh&id=I1_1680643662530&_gfid=I1_1680643662530&parent=https%3A%2F%2Fbetanews.com&pfname=&rpctoken=11484049'. This request has been blocked; the content must be served over HTTPS.

- so cause the Mixed Content blocked requests we are not able to read the comments on this nice website, pity...  

But padlock is OK... or I'm wrong about the cause of the lack of comments. Maybe someone could kindly correct what I just said?

Edit:

I've checked - and it's not this. I'm sorry...

Edited by msfntor
But padlock...

On 4/1/2023 at 5:10 AM, msfntor said:

Take a look at the video and let us know what you think of it

Who is us? You?

Yes I know it isn't you, you copypasta an article. Don't do this. Put the entire thing in quotes if you post it here, otherwise it appears as if you wrote it.

29 minutes ago, Tripredacus said:

Who is us? You?

Yes I know it isn't you, you copypasta an article. Don't do this. Put the entire thing in quotes if you post it here, otherwise it appears as if you wrote it.

"By Wayne Williams" - is under title...

This "Take a look at the video and let us know what you think of it" is in the article, written by Wayne Williams...

Now, quotes are here, thank you!

Edited by msfntor

19 hours ago, msfntor said:

- so cause the Mixed Content blocked requests we are not able to read the comments on this nice website, pity...

Still doesn't show on Pale Moon with both CSP disabled and allowing active content from HTTP on HTTPS sites.

I'm not developer, sadly...

Right click/view page source: I see after scolling:

<ol class="commentlist">

</li><!-- #comment-## -->

<ul class="children">

</ul><!-- .children -->

<ul class="children">

<ul class="children">

</ul><!-- .children -->

</ul><!-- .children -->

etc etc... these comments are here, but not showing, not displayed, so why? I'm not the developer, so maybe someone will respond...

On 4/5/2023 at 3:34 PM, Tripredacus said:

you copypasta an article.

And if I may, a crappy article, with a (intentionally I believe, to gain traction/clicks) misleading title.

The XP 2022 is only a mock up of what a non-existing OS may look like, this crap should be NOT reposted, especially on a technical board like MSFN is (or should be, or was until the recent trend by one or a few users to submerge it with random articles about anything they find or crosses their mind ).

jaclaz

On 4/5/2023 at 9:13 PM, msfntor said:

etc etc... these comments are here, but not showing, not displayed, so why? I'm not the developer, so maybe someone will respond...

In other articles in Betanews website, the comments section works fine because the comments are generated using disqus.com (with betanews.disqus.com, referrer.disqus.com, realtime.services.disqus.com) and disquscdn.com (with a.disquscdn.com, c.disquscdn.com) - as seen in my uBlock... So why are all the Disqus scripts etc. not generated on this article page? I think I have an answer: these 135 comments are simply CENSORED by the site itself, probably on Microsoft's "advice"... and what do you think now?

Edited by msfntor
disqus by q

Scripts that load comments aren't included in the head tag. That's technical explanation from what I can see from inspecting, but "why is that" is the question for people running the site.

10 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Scripts that load comments aren't included in the head tag. That's technical explanation from what I can see from inspecting, but "why is that" is the question for people running the site.

Thank you @UCyborg for this technical explanation.

Censorship" is apparently an old Microsoft practice... See this thread: 

Why are MSN comments so overly censored?https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-are-msn-comments-so-overly-censored/ed2fab5c-860e-4bbf-bb2e-0d376e067883

"Nightbus

Replied on October 14, 2022

In reply to Laurie Bellino (lauriebellino)'s post on October 13, 2022

I feel exactly the same about this MAJOR issue.

MSN comment threads are a total joke. Completely unfit for purpose.

The pathetic algorithm simply does not work.

Today I have been forbidden to post a number of words on comment threads. I knew exactly which words I wasn't allowed to use in those instances by using a process of elimination and deleting certain words before trying again.

Here are some words which MSN would not allow me to use:

"You"

"Your"
"You're"

"You" - with a question mark after it.

"Digging"

The phrase: "May I ask?"
"puzzled"
"hard"
"difficult"
"wife"

"discontinued"

I mean, SERIOUSLY? ALL of these words were disallowed and ALL of those words were used in a polite manner in context with conversations.
We can't even have a conversation with any other community members to ask one another questions because this stupid system does not permit using the word "you" followed by a question mark 90% of the time.

What is the point in offering a community interactive comment section to the MSN community when we can't even engage with one another?

And yes, Laurie is right. The links you provided to contact MSN are invalid and only send us back to the main page. Everything is just a total farce with MSN.

I await your reply to this.

Thanks."

"Nightbus

Replied on October 17, 2022

In reply to Laurie Bellino (lauriebellino)'s post on October 17, 2022

I don't mean to be negative but I genuinely believe you (and everyone else, including me) are wasting your time here.

I have sent so many complaints to MSN and have never heard any feedback once.

They are utterly useless."

- May I ask you, why?

2 hours ago, msfntor said:

May I ask you, why?

Greetings, msfntor.

Your question is more difficult than it may seem - "answers" may appear to "take sides" because there are two "sides" to your question.

Most MSFN members (myself included) are not going to want to "take sides" in answering your enquiry.

I kind of see "both sides" - and to me, both sides are "correct" and both sides are also "incorrect".

How can BOTH be true?  Reminds me of an old Latin poem - "Ode et Amo - I hate her and I love her, You ask how can that be, I don't know, But it is so, And I'm in agony."

On one side, MSFN is a "technical board" where like-minded members migrate towards and become members to share technical tidbits - you fit among that subset of society.

"Birds of a feather flock together", so to speak.

This is the "general" section of this forum - most "topical" forums have these, a section where topics that do not pertain to the "central premise" of the forum's existence does permit "non-topical" discourse.

All forum owners have the ownership-right to include such a "general" section - or to not include such a "general" section.

MSFN's owner has chosen to include such a "general" section.  MSFN's owner has the ownership-right to remove the "general" section if the owner so chooses.

On the other side, like-minded members may not fully agree with the owner's decision to include a "general" section or have their own thoughts on how frequent that "general" section may or may not be.

The "general" section here at MSFN is (by far, if I may add) a LOT more "frequent" than most topical forum's "general" section.

Does that offset the owner's ownership-right of chosing to include such a section?

Does that warrant frequent chime-ins from the masses to attempt to decrease that frequency?

Should these attempts be seen as micromanaging the "general" section?

If there were "rules" regarding this frequency, shouldn't the rest of us trust the moderation of this forum and conclude to ourselves that "high frequency" posters would be banned for violating some MSFN "fair use" unwritten rule?

To me, and I am not taking sides here because I see both sides, but to me, the simple fact that the "general" section has not been removed coupled with the simple fact that frequent posters are not banned, tells me that there is no wrong-doing here.

So post away, my friend, this is the "general" section and it is not for any of us to micromanage - I do remind though that the forum owner can opt to remove the "general" section (I feel that may be extreme, but nor is that "my" decision to make).

But I will also add that I do LOCALLY "micromanage" MSFN.

My Proxomitron config has a "keyword" filter whereby I can "hide from view" (out of sight, out of mind) any topics here that I don't want to see (Start Is Back, XP firewalls, XP anti-virus, extended kernels, Windows 7, "general" topics that go awry, et cetera).

It is not my right to micromanage them from being posted.

That's my two cents, agree or disagree, that's what makes the world go round  :whistle:

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames