ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

On 8/6/2023 at 1:10 PM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

You could also try this -- https://msfn.org/board/topic/175170-root-certificates-and-revoked-certificates-for-windows-xp/

DISCLAIMER:  I HAVE NEVER ATTEMPTED AND I HAVE NEVER MANUALLY DID ANYTHING WITH MY XP'S CERTIFICATES, YOU CAN BREAK THINGS JUST BY THINKING YOU ARE FIXING THEM.

11 hours ago, WSC4 said:

Thanks for the link.  I had a good read and there is a bit work involved.
I am not sure if the root certificates are the problem. ...

Hello @WSC4! Alternatively, you can check my article ProxHTTPSProxy and HTTPSProxy in Windows XP for future use under the section 5.2. There you can find everything important about Root Certificates. And under the section 11.2.4, you will find all downloads related to Root Certificates, including my most recent, self-created Root Certificate and Revoked Certificate Updaters for offline use.

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper

Thank you very much for your link.  I had a good read and will study more this week. In the mean time, I saw this:

6.png.08e3a2545e86a23da18fa05b4d41d020.png

I have a suspicion that some or all root certificates are corrupt on this old XP install.    Is there any way I can delete the lot and then import the original certificates off the install CD?  Or, even copy the certificates folder from my other XP install?

Edited by WSC4

30 minutes ago, WSC4 said:

Thank you very much for your link.  I had a good read and will study more this week. In the mean time, I saw this:

6.png.08e3a2545e86a23da18fa05b4d41d020.png

I have a suspicion that some or all root certificates are corrupt on this old XP install.    Is there any way I can delete the lot and then import the original certificates off the install CD?  Or, even copy the certificates folder from my other XP install?

Use the export and import feature of the certificate manager! You can delete all corrupted certificates, export them in a working system and then import them in your system to be repaired.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

On 8/3/2023 at 4:31 PM, UCyborg said:

Today I see no siderbars on Facebook either. Perhaps whatever they're rolling out is rolling in stages.

glad to know they have restored the side menus... :)

On 8/8/2023 at 11:02 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Use the export and import feature of the certificate manager! You can delete all corrupted certificates, export them in a working system and then import them in your system to be repaired.

I afraid this does not work.  In the XP install that works 100% with 360Chrome, I exported each set of certificates to a CSV file.  Re-booted my main computer - that spits out 360Chrome - and tried to import.  This happens:

7.png.4fbc4e8eaef73726e1cf6f2f4a9c3b8c.png

Edited by WSC4
Decided the smiley was inappropriate.

//UPDATE//

I was able to do this via Internet Properties, Content, Certificates.  It has the Import and Export functions and this worked fine.  The files are a .P7B format.  They exported and imported OK.

Although the main computer now has the original fresh certificates, 360Chrome still will not work and errors with the same problems.

Edited by WSC4
I had put an incorrect extension for the certificates files. I actually exported to a .P7B extension

8 hours ago, WSC4 said:

I afraid this does not work.  In the XP install that works 100% with 360Chrome, I exported each set of certificates to a CSV file.  Re-booted my main computer - that spits out 360Chrome :realmad: - and tried to import.  This happens:

7.png.4fbc4e8eaef73726e1cf6f2f4a9c3b8c.png

4 hours ago, WSC4 said:

//UPDATE//

I was able to do this via Internet Properties, Content, Certificates.  It has the Import and Export functions and this worked fine.  The files are a .cer format.  They exported and imported OK.

Although the main computer now has the original fresh certificates, 360Chrome still will not work and errors with the same problems.

The CSV file format is not appropriate for export/import of certificates. You have to use a real certificate file format like .crt or similar.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

I need some help

the latest release of this extension is v1.76

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/onetab/chphlpgkkbolifaimnlloiipkdnihall

I can't download it because the download button is greyed out (chrome 88 requirement) and they dropped the support on v1.59

while playing around with the 13.5.1030 r6 browser I found out that the extension is up to date :o

this is weird because this extension self-dissapeared from this browser when they dropped the support.... 

is there a way to transplant the latest release into this browser without using the developer mode ? @NotHereToPlayGames

screenshot-14.png

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Download from here - https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/1227/

You do not need Developer mode to install it, you drag-and-drop the downloaded .crx onto your Extensions page.

cool thanks. I didn't know the drag & drop trick 

I have just realized that it doesn't work

it's installed correctly but doesn't show up on the context menu 

this is what the working version 1.58 looks like

screenshot-15.png

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Download from here - https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/1227/

You do not need Developer mode to install it, you drag-and-drop the downloaded .crx onto your Extensions page.

I am trying to get this one up to date but it's stuck on version 1.60 regardless the .crx file

https://www.crx4chrome.com/history/49669/

Unsure if this will work or not and also unsure if MSFN allows publicly discussing how to modify extensions (I modify all of mine but I don't publicly share those modified versions).

So I will only show via a "picture" and this picture will be deleted with my next profile attachment purge.

image.thumb.png.a0484aacbc7030483a71fe5b66857a8a.png