ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

I have not entered fake addresses.  I have the home page set as https://www.google.com/ What is wrong with that?  I tried typing other URL domains and the same problem.

I do have the last version of Chrome installed Version 49.0.2623.112.  Have not used it for years.  Would that be interfering.

It is showing chrome://errorpage/?lasturl=htps...  ...errorcode=7  Why is that happening?  What is error code 7?

It looks like I have missed some sort of setup instructions.

2 hours ago, WSC4 said:

I have the home page set as https://www.google.com/

Please show that address resolving in any other browser - ie, prove that you don't have access to Google blocked globally.

Disable any and ALL antivirus and firewall and "security" programs to at least rule them out.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

17 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Disable any and ALL antivirus and firewall and "security" programs to at least rule them out.

Yes, no antivirus and I disabled the firewall.  Still no luck.

I have another clean install of XP 64-bit on a bootable external drive.  No Chrome browser on that.  I will try 360Chrome on that and let you know.

3 hours ago, WSC4 said:

It looks like I have missed some sort of setup instructions.

I would take a look at the internet explorer settings, if the security treshold is set too high it may lockup the internet connection

also delete the ''hosts'' file if you have edited it for anything.

https://msfn.org/board/topic/182876-360-extreme-explorer-modified-version/?do=findComment&comment=1249955

Good news so far.

360Chrome ran first go on the external hard drive.  I connect to the Internet and it loaded sites without problems.  

It has a fairly clean install of XP and does not have the Google Chrome browser.  I wonder if that could be the problem?  I looked at the internet explorer settings and the host file and all is good.

I thought 360Chrome is portable and independent.  However, I'll un-install Google Chrome as it is useless and extinct.  Once that is done, 360Chrome will be tested again on this machine.

On 7/31/2023 at 7:38 PM, Milkinis said:

I knew it could not be an XP issue because it only affects the old browsers.

You should read more carefuly, Milkinis: "it has to be a combination of changes in fb and settings in the firewall, etc., not changes in the browser(s) -unless those who see these lateral bands have altered the UA."

I confirm what you are showing (an m.facebook+ rendition of facebook) but others in this thread have shown they don't have that problem. So it has to be something in the way we have tweaked our systems, relative to what the web asks of these "old" browsers.

PS: viejos son los trapos - old are our flags.

Edited by dmiranda

2 hours ago, dmiranda said:

So it has to be something in the way we have tweaked our systems, relative to what the web asks of these "old" browsers.

I have 'tweaked' nothing because it's been working fine and suddenly it doesn't work anymore.

if I can replicate this issue with W7 and the other up to date browsers work perfect this is nothing but a chrome 13.5 related issue.

Edited by Milkinis

3 hours ago, dmiranda said:

I confirm what you are showing (an m.facebook+ rendition of facebook)

sometimes the facebook website crashes and switches to the m.facebook version but it's been this way for a long while now, I can solve this with the bakwards arrow or rebooting the browser.

we are facing a new issue that I run across very recently so facebook becomes mostly unusable without the side menus 

I tried to spoof the user agent but the problem is still here

What are you spoofing the user agent to?  If you are spoofing it to anything NEWER than Chrome v86, then of course Facebook is going to serve a version that needs a much newer computer/browser to render.

And since you don't want the MOBILE version being served, then my hunch is that you need an OLDER user agent.

What happens if you spoof Chrome v49 on XP?  What happens if you spoof Chrome v49 on Win7?

At any rate, spoofing a NEW browser or a NEW operating system should only make matters WORSE as far as what Facebook's servers assume you can render.