ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

21 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

My builds spoof Win10 but do not spoof away from v86.  My builds use -

Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 10.0; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/86.0.4240.198 Safari/537.36

thanks. fixed :)

the UA line was missing from loader.ini

Just a quick question.
When a website won't load, for whatever reason, the browser goes to chrome://errorpage/.
This is a blank page in 360Chrome.
Should it be showing something else, presumably an error message?
If so, why doesn't it? Is it a page which has not been ported to the current versions?
:dubbio:

11 hours ago, Dave-H said:

Just a quick question.
When a website won't load, for whatever reason, the browser goes to chrome://errorpage/.
This is a blank page in 360Chrome.
Should it be showing something else, presumably an error message?
If so, why doesn't it? Is it a page which has not been ported to the current versions?
:dubbio:

This functionality can be restored by adding the errorpage.zip folder from, let's say any 12th version, I din't see any "Chinese telemetry web sites" inside that folder. There are 3 files inside.

neterror.css

neterror.html

neterror.js

None of these had "telemetry". That said, I used it from the 12th version, just extract with UniExtractor and add errorpage.zip to the root browser directory (where chrome.dll is located).

I'm now adding a screenshot of the files inside. I don't think the files were modified by anyone, one of them is even from 2018, though I don't exactly remember where I got them, probably Dixel gave them to me.

Screenshot_20230821_4445.png

Edited by D.Draker
screenshot

I would have to revisit (which would be so back-burner that it's the neghbor's neighbor's stove), but be cautious in restoring neterror.js - some error codes are tied to Chinese search engines.

Very likely could be something they introduced in v13+ and may not be in v12.  Do not recall, see no real justification to restore this "feature".

17 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

Just a hint, probably would be better to take it from the other release by @Humming Owl, it should be in English.

If you go this route, be cautious of versions because some language translations are tied to an "index" number that do not match between my versions and Humming Owl versions.

Humming Owl maintains good notes, I leave it to the end user to know what they are merging, just don't assume that they will walk hand-in-hand.

Build 1030 language indexes do not match Build 2022.

Build 2022 language indexes do not match Build 2036.

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

some language translations are tied to an "index" number that do not match between my versions

I've edited the post abaove, look at the screenshot, perhaps you will figure out whose release it was by the modification dates. But it worked without errors!

Can't dig deeper from work computer.  I will likely not dig into it from home computer either.  I've shared the browser in the condition that I use it.  End users are of course allowed to tweak to their own liking.

Browser choice is always always always "personal preference".  That's why we have HUNDREDS of browsers to choose from.  :hello:

I'm not sure why you react this way, I was just trying to help Dave by answering his question! I don't even use this browser for several years, but I still have a working version of it. If @Dave-H wants it, I can share it, no problem, I'll send it to any junk/temp mail, if Dave gives me one, I don't ask/want/need Dave's real/good email. I just don't have any sharing website accounts to upload it.

2 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I'm not sure why you react this way, I was just trying to help Dave by answering his question! I don't even use this browser for several years, but I still have a working version of it. If @Dave-H wants it, I can share it, no problem, I'll send it to any junk/temp mail, if Dave gives me one, I don't ask/want/need Dave's real/good email. I just don't have any sharing website accounts to upload it.

I assume it's not large. You should be able to attach it to a PM.
:)

3 hours ago, Dave-H said:

I assume it's not large. You should be able to attach it to a PM.
:)

Gladly, unfortunately no such function for simple peasants. The only function it has, "insert image from URL".