ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

On 6/12/2023 at 2:18 AM, NotHereToPlayGames said:

I haven't had any success at getting any CSS items to "replace".

Depends on what you put there. It was just a template showing iterating over all stylesheet files on which to do search and replace on the file content. This script would put the old font-weight of certain titles on MSFN before the update (500->400):

'use strict';

window.addEventListener('DOMContentLoaded', (event) => {
  const e = document.querySelector('link[rel="stylesheet"]');
  fetch(e.href)
    .then(response => response.text())
    .then(data => {
      const s = document.createElement('style');
      const m = e.getAttribute('media');
      m && s.setAttribute('media', m);
      s.innerHTML = data.replace('font-size:1.05em;font-weight:500;', 'font-size:1.05em;font-weight:400;')
                          .replace('font-weight:500;display:inline;line-height:20px;', 'font-weight:400;display:inline;line-height:20px;');
      e.parentNode.replaceChild(s, e);
    })
  .catch(err => console.log(err));
});

Executing on DOMContentLoaded event is necessary in the absence of advanced script manager, if it just runs right away, but I guess it works without being wrapped inside event listener with TamperMonkey if set to run on document-end. CSS with content of interest happens to be linked inside the first link element with stylesheet attribute, so document.querySelector(), which just returns the first element, works in this instance.

replace() function can be chained to do multiple replacements since each call returns modified string as the result of it, on which it may be called again to do more replacements.

Still not working on my end.  :(

Partly because I can't find that 500 vs 400 font-weight - what URL would give me that and can I get a screencap?  None of my font sizes changed with the recent forum update so I have no frame of reference on what to look for.

I'm running with only Tampermonkey and the above as a userscript, replaced with 800 instead of 400, that should make any font changes stand out BIG, but I'm not getting any changes.

spacer.png

VS

spacer.png

You might want to F12->Inspect those titles and see if font-weight property changes on the right where CSS properties are listed. On Pale Moon for instance, I don't see any difference between 400 and 500. I wasn't checking old Chrome specifically, though 800 should be high enough to make noticeable difference.

31 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Got it working!  Need @run-at document-start and I've been using document-end  :blushing:

22 hours ago, UCyborg said:

Executing on DOMContentLoaded event is necessary in the absence of advanced script manager, if it just runs right away, but I guess it works without being wrapped inside event listener with TamperMonkey if set to run on document-end.

document-end in script managers should mean on DOMContentLoaded event in practice if I got the documentation right. So might as well be:

'use strict';

(function(){
  const e = document.querySelector('link[rel="stylesheet"]');
  fetch(e.href)
    .then(response => response.text())
    .then(data => {
      const s = document.createElement('style');
      const m = e.getAttribute('media');
      m && s.setAttribute('media', m);
      s.innerHTML = data.replace('font-size:1.05em;font-weight:500;', 'font-size:1.05em;font-weight:400;')
                          .replace('font-weight:500;display:inline;line-height:20px;', 'font-weight:400;display:inline;line-height:20px;');
      e.parentNode.replaceChild(s, e);
    })
  .catch(err => console.log(err));
})();

Just in case at least one those variables would stay lingering around if not wrapped in a function that will surely go out-of-scope in the end as the latter will surely mark them for garbage collection.

And I think if I ever need to listen for DOMContentLoaded in the future, I might add the listener with document.addEventListener() rather than window.addEventListener() since it's technically the document that is ready, window contains it. Seems neater to use window.addEventListener() for window-specific events.

On 6/10/2023 at 3:51 PM, rereser said:

will see if google restores the function for 360chrome.
if not , the original translate context menu can be removed with the change below in the chrome.dll.

Function : Drop Translate to English from Chrome mode page context menu (1 occurrence)
replace : C0 FB 8D 86 F0 02 00 00 50 E8
with : C0 FB E9 E6 00 00 00 90 50 E8

https://mh-nexus.de/en/hxd/
in HxD : file open "chrome.dll" / search-replace / hex-values / all / copy the above codes in first and second field / replace.
save the file and delete the "chrome.dll.bak" file.

for all of the above , make sure 360chrome is closed.
to be safe , copy the complete 360chrome folder to another location and perform the above in that folder first to try.
after the changes , launch 360chrome with the 360loader from that folder and not with your regular shortcut to see the results !

I just tried this on my CHROME.DLL and HxD said it couldn't find C0 FB 8D 86 F0 02 00 00 50 E8.
:dubbio:

18 minutes ago, Dave-H said:

I just tried this on my CHROME.DLL and HxD said it couldn't find C0 FB 8D 86 F0 02 00 00 50 E8.
:dubbio:

Did you choose "Hex-values" tab while searching for it at Find/Replace dialog?

I had the same error appearing until I realized I was at "Text-string" tab and not at "Hex-values" tab.

Edited by mina7601

On 6/12/2023 at 6:17 AM, D.Draker said:

You're welcome, now switch the fake agent on and go here: 

https://browserleaks.com/javascript

What do you see in the AppVersion string?

360 Extreme Explorer v.13.5.2036 with User Agent Swittcher
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; Win32; x32) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/108.0.0.0 Safari/537.36

Basilisk 52.9.0 without user agent says Firefox 102
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.8 Firefox/102.0 Basilisk/52.9.0
(I don't know if I change it in some way or come by default)

The problem of changing the user agent with Loader.ini is that all pages will take the new user agent.
I like to tell the pages that Windows XP use.
How are they going to continue doing programs considering Windows XP if we tell them that we use Windows 10 and current browsers?

Edited by Cixert

13 minutes ago, Cixert said:

Basilisk 52.9.0 without user agent says Firefox 102
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:102.0) Gecko/20100101 Goanna/4.8 Firefox/102.0 Basilisk/52.9.0
(I don't know if I change it in some way or come by default)

It comes by default like that, don't worry.

Edited by mina7601

21 minutes ago, Cixert said:

How are they going to continue doing programs considering Windows XP if we tell them that we use Windows 10 and current browsers?

They won't anyway. They don't care about your user agent. Let me give you the perspective from the actual developer (source: I work at the company that does specialized hardware and software, the software controls the hardware, the user interfaces with the software via the web interface).

It goes like this, the developer visits https://caniuse.com/ to consult about the feature he'd like to use to achieve some result quicker and easier and preferably his code easier to read/maintain/whatever. The website says most current browsers support this feature. The feature is used to implement whatever he was going to implement.

Use some old browser on an antiquated OS? Too bad, too sad, you're a minority not worth their time.

On 6/11/2023 at 6:09 PM, Milkinis said:

the last version doesn't work. what is the actual advantage of this extensions store ?

https://www.crx4chrome.com/crx/1227/

https://chrome.google.com/webstore/detail/onetab/chphlpgkkbolifaimnlloiipkdnihall

screenshot-8.png

The advantage of using this extensions store is that it allows direct download, including the Old Version

8 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

They won't anyway. They don't care about your user agent. Let me give you the perspective from the actual developer (source: I work at the company that does specialized hardware and software, the software controls the hardware, the user interfaces with the software via the web interface).

It goes like this, the developer visits https://caniuse.com/ to consult about the feature he'd like to use to achieve some result quicker and easier and preferably his code easier to read/maintain/whatever. The website says most current browsers support this feature. The feature is used to implement whatever he was going to implement.

Use some old browser on an antiquated OS? Too bad, too sad, you're a minority not worth their time.

I am sure that when the web with Windows XP cannot be accessed I will abandon the computer science.
I am not satisfied with the pretensions of user control that intends the new world order. I want to be free and that my computer does what I order, not what orders a great corporation that intends to guide me on the way.:D

1 hour ago, Cixert said:

The advantage of using this extensions store is that it allows direct download, including the Old Version

That and Google disabled translate.googleapis.com from older browsers and they could just as easily disable the Chrome Web Store from older browsers.

I personally prefer crx4chrome because I'm a "tweaker" - NONE of my extensions are ran "as-is", I modify them to my liking and don't "trust" extensions ran in their "default state".  :whistle: