ArcticFoxie/NotHereToPlayGames -- 360Chrome v13.5.2036 rebuild 1

Thanks.

It is the "first aid kit" entries that will connect to Chinese search engines.

We would need example URLs that "trigger" several of these "error codes" to fully confirm/deny that they connect to Chinese IP Addresses.  I preferred to "play it safe" and just disable/remove the "possibility".

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Thanks.

It is the "first aid kit" entries that will connect to Chinese search engines.

We would need example URLs that "trigger" several of these "error codes" to fully confirm/deny that they connect to Chinese IP Addresses.  I preferred to "play it safe" and just disable/remove the "possibility".

No prob., but like I said, two years of usage from 2020 to the early 2022, I never noticed any suspicious behaviour, but you're very welcome to check!

17 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

No prob., but like I said, two years of usage from 2020 to the early 2022, I never noticed any suspicious behaviour, but you're very welcome to check!

Not for me, per se, I don't want the error codes.  :cool:

Unless you (D.Draker) have updated, you're running Build 1030 and there were big changes between 1030 and 2022 then even more changes to 2036 (this thread).

I'm just saying "don't assume because you make an arse out of u and me".  There have been DOZENS of "issues" reported over the years that were later tracked down to "mixing and matching" and "making assumptions".  :puke:

Not for me, per se, I don't want the error codes.  :cool:

Unless you (D.Draker) have updated, you're running Build 1030 and there were big changes between 1030 and 2022 then even more changes to 2036 (this thread).

I'm just saying "don't assume because you make an arse out of u and me".  There have been DOZENS of "issues" reported over the years that were later tracked down to "mixing and matching" and "making assumptions".  :puke:

Dave confirmed it works with his version. Is it not enough for you? Well, then here I attached another screenshot. The folder I uploaded also works with 1030  just fine, I'm ignoring the rest of the post.

Please let me know if you need any further assistance, here at MSFN - we aim to please.

Screenshot_20230821_2945.png

"Upstream" has a feature called "360 Doctor" (I may have the name wrong).  SOME of these error codes redirect to a "first aid kit" which is part of "360 Doctor".

There are at least 3 dozen error codes.  I am not claiming that all of them are tied to Chinese IP Addresses.  Some of them are.  Not sure why this is being HIT with such resistance.  *I* am the one that mod'd the browser being discussed in this thread, am I not?

"Oye", as my sister would say.  (Unsure of proper spelling.)

4 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

"Upstream" has a feature called "360 Doctor" (I may have the name wrong).  SOME of these error codes redirect to a "first aid kit" which is part of "360 Doctor".

How is this relevant?

10 minutes ago, D.Draker said:

How is this relevant?

Because certain error codes cause a javascript event to be "true" that then results in connecting to Chinese IP Addresses.

In the file you attached, follow the javascript code for things labeled as "first aid kit", that "first aid" is part of "360 Doctor" which was intentionally removed/disabled from my builds.

I guess technically what we need, but I don't know of a good way to obtain, is a URL that results in all three dozen or so "error codes".

One URL per error code.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

In the file you attached, follow the javascript code for things labeled as "first aid kit", that "first aid" is part of "360 Doctor" which was intentionally removed/disabled from my builds.

Russian repack which is the base of this browser, didn't have that module. But perhaps I missed something and you made it from scratch? I just don't know, sorry.

Dixel's 1030 build didn't have that module, I don't even know what you're talking about. Dixel's build also has all search engines and redirects removed from chrome.dll.

Russian repack does have the 360 Doctor module.  The Russian repack also kept the 360base.dll and the skin file .srx's also contained portions of the 360 Doctor module.

I think they did set a flag in the skin file .srx which prevents the icon from showing - that prevents a user from clicking the icon but does not prevent underlying code from launching 360 Doctor.

But we have beat this dead horse sufficiently.  Followers of the thread can decide for themselves if restoring error code content pane introduces unintended risks or not.

We have both made our points and the reader can take it from here.

Because certain error codes cause a javascript event to be "true" that then results in connecting to Chinese IP Addresses.

Please open the folder, search the files and show us "chinese addresses". Otherwise it's just talk, and too much of it, I might add. 

I can only speak for my build (which is what this thread is here for).
I cannot do a full reverse-engineer of Humming Owl's release - but it connects to China!  (at bare minimum, it connects to China on the very first launch, can't say I ran it "all day" to see if it connects "repeatedly".)

edit - I cite this only as a caution, bring things from Humming Owl's release and "add" them to my release and you can be bringing in "unintended consequences".
I have no plans to reverse-engineer to see WHERE this connection to China is coming from.

image.thumb.png.53f48d8f51c3b1030cd86cf2a7a3e4bd.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames