MSFN board is not available in Russia without VPN

Egorkaru

• 4 weeks later...

• 1 year later...
On 2/6/2023 at 1:14 AM, Tommy said:

We're not blocking Russia due to anything political, because of their beliefs or current events surrounding them, it's simply to keep the board safe.

Please, then do not allow comments like this to be posted here (according to forum rules, political and religious discussions cannot be started):

On 2/5/2023 at 6:08 PM, D.Draker said:

Also they could just be following the world sanctions

(declared by all normal countries). MSFN is under European (Danish ? Dutch ?) jurisdiction.

So MSFN ought to comply with the Euro sanctions (ie - ban everything Russia).

It's a very serious matter, since the russkies are not allowed to use any western tech (software/hardware).

I have a friend in Germany, he once told, russkie tourists buy drones for their 

military use, and the German customs is on high alert. 

Here they can read some pretty useful info, so no good, no good at all.

To D.Draker:

The time will come, and one day you will all be ashamed of your behavior!

I am not responding to your comment with reasons and facts only because the forum rules prohibit political sentiments (although this did not stop you from writing your comment thoroughly saturated with politics and hatred)..

Edited by Xao_Fan-Tzilin

3 hours ago, Xao_Fan-Tzilin said:

Please, then do not allow comments like this to be posted here (according to forum rules, political and religious discussions cannot be started):

To D.Draker:

The time will come, and one day you will all be ashamed of your behavior!

I am not responding to your comment with reasons and facts only because the forum rules prohibit political sentiments (although this did not stop you from writing your comment thoroughly saturated with politics and hatred)..

Please, don't try to start a fight! The sanctions which our governments applied are the result of what your country does. Those are facts, there's no "hatred" in that. MSFN is located in France, thus has to obey.

The time will come, and one day you all will be ashamed of your behaviour! Though, I don't believe in that.

4 hours ago, Xao_Fan-Tzilin said:

To D.Draker:

You don't have to, facts tell for themselves! Besides, it'd be boring because you all tell the same. Regarding VPN, the administration of MSFN had their right reserved to block whatever they want, it's written in the rules.

When (and if) they allow Russia to be whitelisted again, they will notify you, stay tuned.

I hope politics wasn't the reason you joined MSFN, seeing it's your first post.

10 hours ago, D.Draker said:

I hope politics wasn't the reason you joined MSFN, seeing it's your first post.

You are not paying attention, this was my third post.

About the rest of your comment - you are again making political maxims (you remember that this is prohibited?)
The moderator above wrote that the blocking was done due to some kind of financial spam, so don’t shove your hatred into every hole!

4 hours ago, Xao_Fan-Tzilin said:

you are again making political maxims (you remember that this is prohibited?)

don’t shove your hatred into every hole!

Using VPN is illegal in Russia, let me ask you, what are you doing here in the first place?

According to the Russian laws, you're here illegally and you will be prosecuted.

"Putin bans VPNs in web browsing crackdown"

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-40774315

"Signed by President Vladimir Putin in July, the law imposes restrictions on proxy avoidance tools."

https://www.bbc.com/news/technology-41829726

My advice for you is to calm down and let MSFN members be in peace. No one here "shoves" hatred into you.

1 hour ago, Saxon said:

Using VPN is illegal in Russia, let me ask you, what are you doing here in the first place?

Sorry, Saxon.  You are using this VPN ban out of context.
Only if MSFN is prohibited in Russia is Xao_Fan-Tzilin (edit: had wrong name before edit) breaking any laws.
Is MSFN prohibited in Russia?  I don't know, nor care.
But unless MSFN itself is prohibited, then Saxon is legally allowed by law in his own country to access MSFN via VPN.

That said, I personally feel that MSFN should not allow VPN access, but that is an MSFN decision.

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Only if MSFN is prohibited in Russia is Saxon breaking any laws.
But unless MSFN itself is prohibited, then Saxon is legally allowed by law in his own country to access MSFN via VPN.

That said, I personally feel that MSFN should not allow VPN access, but that is an MSFN decision.

How MSFN prohibition is relevant? Read the topic title again, please.

1 - MSFN board is not available in Russia without VPN!

2 - VPN is illegal in Russia.

3 - Checkmate. So - we shouldn't see any Russians here at all.

But they are here, so - they break their own law and going towards criminal prosecution (with FSB at their doors, according to their own law cited by Saxon).

3 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Only if MSFN is prohibited in Russia is Saxon breaking any laws.

You are not paying attention, you confused me with another member.

I'm from Belgium, my country flag is shown, why would I break any laws?

The Russian VPN ban is not a blanket ban on VPN usage.

It is a ban on using VPN's to access web sites that are prohibited in Russia.

Russia does not prohibit citizens from being MSFN members.

MSFN blocking Russian IP Addresses is entirely different - MSFN does not ban any member from access MSFN via VPN, regardless of country of origin.

You guys are seeing things through a narrow prism and interpreting things your own way.  Feel free to discuss with a lawyer.

Saxon, no you are not breaking any laws.  Indicating that  Xao_Fan-Tzilin is breaking laws is where you are wrong here.

I'm done.  Some times it is easier to debate with a brick wall then it is to "discuss" with people already of a set mindset.

32 minutes ago, Saxon said:

Using VPN is illegal in Russia

AFAIK, government-approved VPNs are allowed.

33 minutes ago, Saxon said:

According to the Russian laws, you're here illegally and you will be prosecuted.

? NotHereToPlayGames is either using a government-sanctioned VPN, is a scofflaw, or is not posting from Russia. Struggle to see how this is relevant to the thread, explain?

9 minutes ago, Saxon said:

why would I break any laws?

Any number of reasons.