Chrome 110-based Opera - I ported it to Vista.

D.Draker

3 hours ago, Dixel said:

What video driver and card do you use? 

Vmware SVGA :p Currently I have not any computer with Vista.

Edit: After installing win32's mfplat it working with sandbox! :)

Edited by mjd79

13 hours ago, mjd79 said:

Vmware SVGA :p Currently I have not any computer with Vista.

Edit: After installing win32's mfplat it working with sandbox! :)

Usually sandbox is linked to the real driver, without it might not work. It's strange mfplat helped in this case. Did you just run your Opera "out of the box" without modding?

9 hours ago, Dixel said:

Did you just run your Opera "out of the box" without modding?

No, it's Blaukovitch crack, you can easily find it, here the link I will not give. The reason I share this is that he created wrappers for many system libraries and rewrote a few (api-ms), and I am very positively surprised that it works on Vista with the extended kernel.

8680794400_1707913269.png

Edited by mjd79

On 2/14/2024 at 1:17 PM, mjd79 said:

No, it's (removed name cra_ck_, you can easily find it, here the link I will not give. The reason I share this is that he created wrappers for many system libraries and rewrote a few (api-ms), and I am very positively surprised that it works on Vista with the extended kernel.

Opera browser is protected with anti-cra_ck/anti-hack protection Denuvo. The russian cra_cker writes about it it on the page which can be found with one click (easily, with the name you gave, but I removed it from your post).

Modifying Opera files is illegal, this is one of the reasons I don't post in this topic anymore, despite the fact I have my own ports of Opera for my personal use only.

I'm making this a standalone question, @Dave-H, we need guidance! Because it's really a very thin line.

Even mentioning that Russian cr_cker nick is somewhat dangerous for MSFN, any search engine leads directly to his page (it's precise what is shown on that page - "Chrome/Opera cra_ck").

And since Opera is protected with Denuvo (Austria), it may involve legal consequences for MSFN.

Are we allowed to even discuss it here? 

Thanks.

On 2/14/2024 at 3:36 AM, Dixel said:

Usually sandbox is linked to the real driver, without it might not work. It's strange mfplat helped in this case. Did you just run your Opera "out of the box" without modding?

From my research, if any dependencies are missing and/or suspicious (like redirects), Denuvo kicks in immediately and turns the sandbox in anti-hack mode. This explains why the newly added, properly working mfplat helped.

And I'm puzzled why that cra_cker removed everything, including their digital signing, but left the opera_crashreporter.exe intact, and even fixed it for older OSes! It's really weird.

7 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Modifying Opera files is illegal, this is one of the reasons I don't post in this topic anymore

Unless I am mistaken, nothing discussed in this thread would work unless Vista x64 has been modified in violation of Microsoft’s EULA, so this concern about modifying Opera seems rather hypocritical. To his credit, the developer of extended kernel for Vista x64 has “gone straight” and currently devotes his efforts to modifying open-source Chromium (Supermium), which is perfectly legal AFAIK.

6 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Unless I am mistaken, nothing discussed in this thread would work unless Vista x64 has been modified in violation of Microsoft’s EULA, so this concern about modifying Opera seems rather hypocritical.

I don't see "Admin" by your name.

12 hours ago, D.Draker said:

And since Opera is protected with Denuvo (Austria), it may involve legal consequences for MSFN.

I'll comment on it in one word - paranoia :buehehe:

Perhaps he thinks the name “Blaukovitch” sounds Russian? I just did a little research, and the name (or at least the spelling) seems to be more common in the United States than anywhere else, e.g. Jim Blaukovitch is a well-known golf course architect here.

14 hours ago, D.Draker said:

Opera browser is protected with anti-cra_ck/anti-hack protection Denuvo. The russian cra_cker writes about it...

Upon further research, Reinhard Blaukovitch of GitHub appears to be “the founder and Managing Director of Denuvo...” See “About the Author” beneath this Denuvo blog written by Blaukovitch:

https://blog.irdeto.com/video-gaming/bots-are-invading-your-mobile-games-get-ready-to-take-them-on/

He might not appreciate being called a “Russian cracker,” but I don’t think MSFN is imperiled by any mention of his GitHub projects. :buehehe:

11 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

Perhaps he thinks the name “Blaukovitch” sounds Russian? I just did a little research, and the name (or at least the spelling) seems to be more common in the United States than anywhere else, e.g. Jim Blaukovitch is a well-known golf course architect here.

This Pinkerton failed miserably.

Every screen capture with Opera, Brave or Chrome Blau******* posts at his github page is in Russian. Detected with Google lens. His OS Windows 7 is translated to Russian as "Korporativnaya".

There is a topic where users discuss his racism, also. He called one big, over a billion nation "dirty".

On 2/14/2024 at 5:17 AM, mjd79 said:

No, it's Blaukovitch crack, you can easily find it, here the link I will not give. The reason I share this is that he created wrappers for many system libraries and rewrote a few (api-ms), and I am very positively surprised that it works on Vista with the extended kernel.

Russian language is on this screen capture, too.

13 hours ago, Vistapocalypse said:

He might not appreciate being called a “Russian cracker,” but I don’t think MSFN is imperiled by any mention of his GitHub projects. :buehehe:

It's what he (whomever he might be) officially calls his project. So quit unloading your crap on me, do your "research" better, and you will see his name before multiple "Cra_ck projects" , including Opera.

This part of the discussion is over, period.