Extensions and custom buttons for UXP browsers - Corrections, modifications, adjustments, and special recommendations

Newest PM28, newest uBO Legacy mod, updated default lists, added the two lists mentioned in our other OT discussion.

This video show ads for me in UXP PM28 whereas my Chromium setup does not.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b-lUGSJ9kiE

Maybe you don't call this an "ad", maybe technically it isn't, but it is an "annoyance" and my Chromium setup blocks this "pos" -

image.thumb.png.edc05bcb45c438181865867a41e8afc6.png

Play the video all the way through, without fast-forwarding, these are most definitely ads and my Chromium setup blocks them (but requires two ad blockers working side-by-side) -

image.thumb.png.aa6545ff2e21c42150f848cfc05d4ea0.png

4 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Newest PM28, newest uBO Legacy mod, updated default lists, added the two lists mentioned in our other OT discussion.

Can you please provide a screenshot with all filter lists you have enabled on the tab "Filter lists"? This would be easier to compare with the ones I have enabled. :)

I think you'll need to elaborate on your Chromium config, specifically the list that makes a difference in AdBlock extension. Those things you're showing never really bothered me, but I tried AdBlock extension on Edge and they don't disappear there either.

Those are just one example.  I also get a "WIX" ad if I try to rely on uBO only.  The "WIX" ad is just a picture, not a video, with a "Skip Ad" button in the corner.

uBO will show this PICTURE and sit there, and sit there, and sit there, for WAY too long.  Eventually it will disappear on its own, without clicking the "Skip Ad", but just that it sits there, and sits there, and sits there means uBO didn't "block" it.

Which AdBlock did you try?  There are TONS of them it seems and I've only had success with TWO of them.

One auto-updates each and every time you launch your browser - strong dislike for my needs.
That was this one  --  https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

This is the one that I am using and it is doing everything I need it to do, but I technically run this side-by-side uBO.
Here  --  https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/adblock-%E2%80%94-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

I use one-and-only-one filter list in "AdBlock -- best ad blocker":
image.png.85c1fe1e21ab008f7fdcc1f9adc8d328.png

I use only five lists in uBO.  Most (if not all, I forget now) are actually "default" uBO lists, they are listed in the "Custom" section because of the way I build my profile.
image.png.a20b97bb892486296872ed9f29175c1f.png

Edited by NotHereToPlayGames

43 minutes ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Maybe you don't call this an "ad", maybe technically it isn't, but it is an "annoyance" and my Chromium setup blocks this "pos" -

Play the video all the way through, without fast-forwarding, these are most definitely ads and my Chromium setup blocks them (but requires two ad blockers working side-by-side) -

The whole test video does not show any ads. In the last 10 seconds before it is ending, it shows a notification for an optional subscription and a preview image of the next video which would start automatically if autoplay is on. Sorry, I don't consider this to be advertising. And I don't believe that this can be fully blocked by an ad blocker. This is just an assumption, of course.

Posted (edited)
17 minutes ago, UCyborg said:

Add to your filters at your own risk:

www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element

Thanks! With this filter it still appears but only in the last 2 seconds.

Edited by AstroSkipper

Hmm, interesting.  In Chromium, I do not get a "next video preview" blob, it just goes from one video to the next without any "interstitial".

A much more enjoyable YouTube'ing experience, I guess I will have to stick with Chromium over Mozilla for YouTube.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:
2 hours ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

The whole test video does not show any ads. In the last 10 seconds before it is ending, it shows a notification for an optional subscription and a preview image of the next video which would start automatically if autoplay is on. Sorry, I don't consider this to be advertising. And I don't believe that this can be fully blocked by an ad blocker. This is just an assumption, of course.

I said: "And I don't believe that this can be fully blocked by an ad blocker. This is just an assumption, of course." This was really just an assumption, and I was wrong. Both elements can be fully blocked by uBlock Origin Legacy. :thumbup Here is the code:

www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-covering-overlay
||yt3.ggpht.com/ytc/AIdro_mXEGaCazliYd6jLRL48P-rscos9Syk1sXeF7FWI7XB_5w=s400-c-k-c0x00ffffff-no-rj$image
||i.ytimg.com/vi/1OE6AtIUGk4/maxresdefault.jpg$image
www.youtube.com##.ytp-ce-element-show.ytp-ce-size-1920.ytp-ce-top-right-quad.ytp-ce-large-round.ytp-ce-video.ytp-ce-element

But to be honest, it is of course not worth the efforts. These two elements do not bother me at all. :no:

Cheers, AstroSkipper matrix.gif

Edited by AstroSkipper
correction

1 hour ago, NotHereToPlayGames said:

Which AdBlock did you try?  There are TONS of them it seems and I've only had success with TWO of them.

One auto-updates each and every time you launch your browser - strong dislike for my needs.
That was this one  --  https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/adblock-plus-free-ad-bloc/cfhdojbkjhnklbpkdaibdccddilifddb

This is the one that I am using and it is doing everything I need it to do, but I technically run this side-by-side uBO.
Here  --  https://chromewebstore.google.com/detail/adblock-%E2%80%94-best-ad-blocker/gighmmpiobklfepjocnamgkkbiglidom

I use one-and-only-one filter list in "AdBlock -- best ad blocker":
image.png.85c1fe1e21ab008f7fdcc1f9adc8d328.png

The second one you also mentioned previously, but I didn't change any settings, "Acceptable Ads" is enabled by default...if this is actually considered an ad by AdBlock.

3 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

I clicked everywhere on this site www.ovagames.com and its sub-sites. No pop-ups. No ads. Nothing. smilie-denk-17.gif

Strange, must be because you are using new moon instead of basilisk.

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, billmcct said:

I have been reading this and ran the test video using @UCyborg's uBlock Origin 1.16.6b1

on PM latest and didn't see anything not even at the end.

Maybe on Pale Moon, but in any case not on New Moon 28 when using @UCyborg's uBlock Origin 1.16.6b1 or uBlock Origin Legacy 1.16.4.35. :no:

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

Posted (edited)
25 minutes ago, Felipefpl said:

Strange, must be because you are using new moon instead of basilisk.

Or, you are using other filter lists than me which is probably more true. :P

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content