@XPerceniol Actually, I gave it some time on Mypal 68. It did give results:

Your Results

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 191,919 tested in the past 45 days.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 17.55 bits of identifying information.

@Sampei.Nihira

Edited by mina7601

If you use canvas blocker and/or a combination of canvas.poisondata and resist.fingeprinting, you are basically guaranteed to have a unique fingertprint, every time you visit sites like that. The opposite that TOR, that's the intent.  If you are not using any of the above, you should.

On 12/15/2023 at 1:57 PM, AstroSkipper said:

@feodor2 Thanks for pointing to the file addonStartup.json.lz4:thumbup That was definitely the culprit. Inside this file, there were leftovers from the removed search engines Bing, Wikipedia and stp (Startpage). 

Like prefs, this is a self generated file. It's meant to speed up startup, I reckon, including parts of your browsing story, your extensions, and preinstalled addons (the ones that mozilla puts in), including preinstalled search engines. I dont' mind slow startups (they're fast in mypal68, anyway), so I rebuild my profiles from scratch on every restart. Having edited search.json.mozlz4, addonStartup.json.lz4 and places.sqlite doesn't avoid "reinstallation" of those mozilla sprouts of chromism.   

On 12/15/2023 at 3:18 PM, AstroSkipper said:

Your modified code snippets for disabling the signature verification are working great. I edited my config.js file and have been using this modified file starting from the day you posted the changes here and since then, no warnings happened again.

Forgive my ignorance, but you do that in the config.js of the specific addon you are installing?

54 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

Having edited search.json.mozlz4, addonStartup.json.lz4 and places.sqlite doesn't avoid "reinstallation" of those mozilla sprouts of chromism.   

After manual deleting the leftovers from the removed search engines Bing, Wikipedia and stp (Startpage) in the addonStartup.json.lz4 file, these entries have never come back. So, editing of those files works. You simply have to know what is default (inside the source code) and what was added by yourself. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

49 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

Forgive my ignorance, but you do that in the config.js of the specific addon you are installing?

No. I edited my already existing code for disabling the extensions' signature verification inside the file config.js which is located in Mypal 68's programme directory. This file has to be created by the user at some point and is already part of my package MYPAL_68_CB_requirements.7z among others.

Edited by AstroSkipper
Update of content

6 minutes ago, AstroSkipper said:

No. I edited my already existing code for disabling the signature verification inside the file config.js which is located in Mypal 68's programme directory. This file has to be created by the user at some point and is part of my package MYPAL_68_CB_requirements.7z among others.

Cool. Thanks.

1 hour ago, dmiranda said:

If you use canvas blocker and/or a combination of canvas.poisondata and resist.fingeprinting, you are basically guaranteed to have a unique fingertprint, every time you visit sites like that. The opposite that TOR, that's the intent.  If you are not using any of the above, you should.

The testing was done under a clean Mypal 68 profile.

22 minutes ago, dmiranda said:

every time,

Not quite true, once or twice over the last few years I was there too, at least once every time (that I can remember of), I must remark. 

Edited by dmiranda

5 hours ago, dmiranda said:

Well, I have visited that place with a number of browsers (including mypal) to confirm, every time, my uniqueness. 

I guess I see these "browser uniqueness" tests along these lines  --

I visit a restaurant that I've never been to and none of the staff know me.  My uniqueness score is the best it is ever going to be because NOBODY KNOWS ME, I'm literally just another person, BLENDING IN WITH THE CROWD.

I like the food so I visit again a couple weeks later.  One person in the staff of 20 employees remembers seeing me from a couple weeks ago.  My uniqueness score starts to drop.

I start to visit more regularly and before you know it, the entire staff of 20 sees my car pull into the parking lot and before I'm even out of the car, they have my table ready, my favorite drink ready, and when I walk in they ask, "Will it be Entree A or Entree B today?"

ie, the MORE I VISIT to "test my uniqueness", the MORE these tests "get to know me".

21 hours ago, mina7601 said:

@XPerceniol Actually, I gave it some time on Mypal 68. It did give results:

Your Results

Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 191,919 tested in the past 45 days.

Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 17.55 bits of identifying information.

@Sampei.Nihira

I decided to do the testing again, but this time, I saved the results to a html document.

https://www.mediafire.com/file/0rncsxq2r4kbyyl/EFF-results.zip/file

Right now I just got: "Your browser fingerprint appears to be unique among the 190,855 tested in the past 45 days.Currently, we estimate that your browser has a fingerprint that conveys at least 17.54 bits of identifying information." This was the last of many, 5 maybe 6 test today, all unique. One addon that manages to solve the issue of useragent (the principal vector of uniqueness testing with a fresh profile) is chamaleon, an old and very good xul extension (gone webextension now) with the same functions as before, and effective in mypal. I use the old xul extension in sp52, but it's database of browsers is unusable, really.