1 hour ago, Sampei.Nihira said:

This is the optimal situation with FF 104:

2.jpg

about:config

1.jpg

Good work and run tests in the websites you use.

Thank you again. I was able to make Serpent 52 exactly as your FF104, but in MyPal 86; I can not even find the cypher.

security.ssl3.rsa_aes_256_gcm_sha384

Unless, I've (totally) lost my mind ... wait; I'll find it, perhaps its in the pile of clothes or something lol

6 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

Unless, I've (totally) lost my mind ... wait; I'll find it, perhaps its in the pile of clothes or something lol

You didn't lose your mind, it's not there. I tried to find it as well, and it didn't appear.

1 hour ago, mina7601 said:

You didn't lose your mind, it's not there. I tried to find it as well, and it didn't appear.

Good to know.

I never did find it (my mind or the cypher ... lol)

I think I have a coupon for another one :)

Know much money do you have when you combine touch, vision, smell, hearing, and taste ... Five sense.

.....;)

On Topic:

For now, I'll just go with the recommendation by @Sampei.Nihira and if a site reports it needs that cypher (I've disabled), I'll decide if its worth it, or not to enable it again.

Not complaining ... I think this project is just awesome and all-in-all ... I'd consider it stable.

Edited by XPerceniol

But then again ... I'm using this browser in its most basic form with a lot disabled (wasm / acceleration / webgl / worker). My faulty (and failing) hardware won't even begin to support such and I've had no crashes and no issues others report.

On 8/24/2022 at 9:42 AM, Sampei.Nihira said:

Sorry I have been busy with a job to highlight the blocking of browser trackers (Firefox vs Edge).
Interested?

In my opinion you should decrease the Insecure Cipher Suites,but if you don't test:

https://browserleaks.com/ssl

and try the browser in the web pages you frequent it is not possible to verify the functionality.

An optimal situation would be with only 2 Insecure Cipher Suites active.
If you are interested I can include an image of Firefox (but of course updated to the latest version).

Thank you and I'm sorry I missed your posting :)

By any chance (as this appears to be a launcher)

Do we know much about:

browser.launcherProcess.enabled;true [default] <---Answered, should be left at true for security reasons.

This "launcher/loader" still has me curios ... I do trust it as @AstroSkipper verifies the developer is trustworthy (I don't doubt that at all), just wondering is all.

I'll spend some time this week experimenting and I've enjoyed this browser thus far. 

Edited by XPerceniol

2 hours ago, XPerceniol said:

By any chance (as this appears to be a launcher)

Do we know much about:

browser.launcherProcess.enabled;true [default]

This "launcher/loader" still has me curios ... I do trust it as @AstroSkipper verifies the developer is trustworthy (I don't doubt that at all), just wondering is all.

I'll spend some time this week experimenting and I've enjoyed this browser thus far. 

The developer of Mypal 68, @feodor2, is not responsible for the existence of this preference. It's a common preference of Firefox 68 which Mypal 68 was developed from. The default setting is true to avoid DLL injections from known third-party applications via a blocklist. That means, if the preference  browser.launcherProcess.enabled is set to true, Mypal 68 blocks DLL Injections by third-party applications. :)

Edited by AstroSkipper

21 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

The developer of Mypal 68, @feodor2, is not responsible for the existence of this preference. It's a common preference of Firefox 68 which Mypal 68 was developed from. The default setting is true to avoid DLL injections from known third-party applications via a blocklist. That means, if the preference  browser.launcherProcess.enabled is set to true, Mypal 68 blocks DLL Injections by third-party applications. :)

Thank you, I didn't know that at all. So this is a good security feature. So set to "true" do you know where this blocklist is located and what other prefs are related. 

Thanks again :)

EDIT:

Also wondering about the following prefs and what they do.

layers.gpu-process.enabled;true (answered as for XP should be false)
media.gpu-process-decoder;true

dom.ipc.processPrelaunch.enabled;true

browser.tabs.remote.separateFileUriProcess;true (default)
browser.tabs.remote.separatePrivilegedContentProcess;false (default)

I'm learning and will likely start to get the hang of this in a few years (give or take) :rolleyes:

Edited by XPerceniol

3 minutes ago, XPerceniol said:
2 hours ago, AstroSkipper said:

Thank you, I didn't know that at all. So this is a good security feature. So set to "true" do you know where this blocklist is located and what other prefs are related. 

Thanks again :)

You're welcome! You may check the internal page about:third-party to find out which third-party DLL files are loaded in Mypal 68. I didn't check that, it's informaton from ghacks.net:) I am on my Android tablet at the moment. jexplique.gif

1 hour ago, AstroSkipper said:

You're welcome! You may check the internal page about:third-party to find out which third-party DLL files are loaded in Mypal 68. I didn't check that, it's informaton from ghacks.net:) I am on my Android tablet at the moment. jexplique.gif

Thank your for (quick) help, no rush and I'll look myself and might be able to answer myself; maybe lol

Edited by XPerceniol

5 hours ago, grey_rat said:

layers.gpu-process.enabled - only DirectX10+ and multi process, for XP - false

Thank you, as always for your assistance, as you've helped me countless times with things I wasn't aware of.

Will toggle from its default (from) "true" to "false"

Edited by XPerceniol