Microsoft Windows Update v3/v4/v5

1 hour ago, Condor.07 said:

image.png.abab4f31ac3229a3b0e7eaa31720985a.png

How can I avoid this message continuously?
I tried disabling everything on Internet Explorer 6 but it always appears.
Thank you

Hello, you can't until you install the Windows Update Restored certificate in Trusted Root Authorities>Local Computer by clicking the link in the warning.

sorry but I didn't understand where to go and what to do...
I open the updates site, that message comes out 4 times... I always click on Yes but every time I enter the site it always comes out... and often even without entering the site.
Thank you.

8 hours ago, Condor.07 said:

sorry but I didn't understand where to go and what to do...
I open the updates site, that message comes out 4 times... I always click on Yes but every time I enter the site it always comes out... and often even without entering the site.
Thank you.

Just click on the link in the warning (test@example.com) and follow what I told you.

• 1 month later...
7 hours ago, Gold Apple said:

I encountered a problem that Your computer's date and time appear to be out of sync with an update certificate.The Error number is 0x80072F8F.How should I fix it?1.png.ac00376874d57654743f0257e0d87f57.png

You need to install the certificate generated by the proxy in Trusted Certification Authorities > Local Computer.

On 11/20/2023 at 7:10 PM, Condor.07 said:

ok, is there a command on Windows 98 to install certificates (.cer) with command line?
Thank you

I don't know, but you'll need to install it manually.

On 1/7/2024 at 5:31 PM, WULover said:

You need to install the certificate generated by the proxy in Trusted Certification Authorities > Local Computer.

I regenerated a new certificate and reinstalled the certificate, but it still doesn't work.

Have you checked your date and time to make sure it's correct? Usually that causes problem with Https, that doesn't seem to be the case here (since you can access the site), but better to be safe than sorry.

On 1/9/2024 at 7:54 PM, Gold Apple said:

I regenerated a new certificate and reinstalled the certificate, but it still doesn't work.

• 4 weeks later...

Windows Update Restored News

Hello everyone on MSFN ! :hello:

This topic has not been very active for a while now, and I'll revive it by giving the latest news about the project :

General Project Information

The website has been improved with more pages and new images, as well as new files to download. For example, you can now download Internet Explorer 4.01SP2 (online installer) in all languages, we well as IE5.5SP2 and IE6SP1. The website is now compatible IE3 and onwards.

Windows Update Restored v2

The website has complete HTML sets of files, and is available in French, English and Chinese (for IE4 ONLY). The site is still work in progress.

Windows Update Restored v3.1

Russian and Finnish have been added for W95+IE5.5, as well as some updates.

Windows Update Restored v4

We have made a HUGE improvement on the V4 website. It no longer crashes on 9x systems, and there are a ton of new updates added. The site is more complete than before, but a lot of content is still missing.

Windows Update Restored v5

You no longer need a proxy to use the website !!!! The V5 website is more stable than before.

Hope these news help! If you have any questions or suggestions, I'll be glad to answer them !

http://www.windowsupdaterestored.com